walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a brilliant day you fitted lots in

Joan
Many Thanks Joan

We always try to fit too much in and then wonder why we have to go back to places we have enjoyed

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The highlight of the day was hearing about you waiting for the washing to be finished!

A day where you had the 2nd best pizza in USA has got be good. The shopping haul sounds great, I'm sure the socks came in handy and the boys seemed to enjoy themselves playing golf.

I'm worrying about a less than magical start to WDW. I hope it wasn't a complete disaster.

I can always tell you read every single word The washing machine time was one of those moments on holiday when you are all ready, waiting and aware that if you left it in the machine everything would still be wet when packing up the car in the morning

I need to ask about the socks that made up the adidas shopping haul - they were not for me so have no idea - but they saved us a load of money on top of the bargains

I will try to get Day 4 posted asap - it really was the worst experience from Disney I have ever experienced

Really enjoying your trip report as well

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wed2ared
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Well thats another town added to our bucket list - looks fab. Great trip reports so far look forward to the rest.
wed2ared is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic, I've really been looking forwards to reading your report for this day, I've said it before but I really do enjoy your writing style. Dale's St Augustine trip programme really sold me on the place too, I'm hoping we can do it as a day trip from Orlando.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
The trolley tour is well worth it, as is the lighthouse - and the alligator farm if you have kids. You can often buy combo tickets from Old Town Trolley Tours website, which includes entrance to other places so check out what they have.

if you want some more tips on St Augustine, I have some info (albeit from a few years ago now) in my trip report - Keys to the World - which is linked in my signature. Feel free to ask if you have any questions too, it's one of my favourite places.
Aww thank you. Not sure if I’m missing something but when I go into the link it’s just the pre trip report .
I will take a look at the combo tickets
Old 3 Nov 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a beautiful place to visit and I love your pictures they really show some of the history of St Augustine.
Looking forward to the next installment.
Old 3 Nov 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post

I can always tell you read every single word The washing machine time was one of those moments on holiday when you are all ready, waiting and aware that if you left it in the machine everything would still be wet when packing up the car in the morning

I need to ask about the socks that made up the adidas shopping haul - they were not for me so have no idea - but they saved us a load of money on top of the bargains

I will try to get Day 4 posted asap - it really was the worst experience from Disney I have ever experienced

Really enjoying your trip report as well
You're right I do read every word! Is it a flaw to see all the details or something to be proud of? Hmm...

I'm glad you're enjoying my trippie. I've written our past Florida trip reports but I've never posted them before this year. I write them because I like the idea that I will be able to look back on them. Anyway, I love to read other people's reports, it's the nosey parker in me, and so I thought I would share mine this year. It's lovely to discover people are enjoying them too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great day though I don’t think I’d be a fan of a picture with following eyes!
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You're right I do read every word! Is it a flaw to see all the details or something to be proud of? Hmm...

I'm glad you're enjoying my trippie. I've written our past Florida trip reports but I've never posted them before this year. I write them because I like the idea that I will be able to look back on them. Anyway, I love to read other people's reports, it's the nosey parker in me, and so I thought I would share mine this year. It's lovely to discover people are enjoying them too.
Be proud

I had written the first few trips we enjoyed, and have to admit was daunted by posting on here. yet inspired by those whose reports I had read.

I know I end up taking ages to post it all but I really enjoy re-living a holiday with a lot of detail added too. ( My notes need considerable addition to make every day read as if they happened)

I saved the first couple into word (as photobucket were messing me around) and the number of words typed is startling - the last few are heading towards 50,000 words

I have to admit, I have written them with the thought that once I am long and gone - at least my boys will have something that they can look back on that possibly explains all of the stuff we have shared together.

Nobody will make head nor tail of the notes I wrote for other trips ( except 2008 which is in a book ) I only hope the photos help to tell the whole story

Old 4 Nov 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Fantastic, I've really been looking forwards to reading your report for this day, I've said it before but I really do enjoy your writing style. Dale's St Augustine trip programme really sold me on the place too, I'm hoping we can do it as a day trip from Orlando.
Thank you - I really appreciate it, more than you would begin to imagine

As for a day trip to St. Augustine, we did 2 nights and left a whole lot of stuff completely undone.
Which is possibly why it does not fall into that day out option that Clearwater or Daytona often provide.

Would urge you to at least spend one night as it is such a special place to visit and explore