Old 8 May 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
To Disney World and Beyond (with a toddler) - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom / POFQ

Day 2 - 07/04/2019 - Magic Kingdom / POFQ

Alarm set for 0500hrs, and yes, you guessed it. Holly was up about 0200hrs and her stirring also woke me up. We were wide awake on our first morning at a stupid time. We both go on our phones, and I post our BLT view on theDIBB. Also going out onto the balcony to see the lights coming from the MK car park ready for the Star Wars half marathon... I was planning on running this, but as I would not have been there for the expo I would have been getting to the MK car park for about 0300-0330hrs to sign up and get my bib. Decided against it some time ago, and of course never trained for it. Maybe one day I will get to do a WDW run.

Anyway, we manage to get back to sleep (not sure what time) and up at the sound of the alarm.

We were up early to check out of BLT, and for an early ADR at Chef Mickeys. Hopefully the start of a family tradition... 1st morning... meet Mickey and the gang.

Bobby is up too now, and we just pot around the room, again looking out for the the Star Wars 'fireworks' at 0530hrs... but couldn't see anything with the Contemporary in the way! Bobby was just looking for more mono's. Sorry son, but they don't start this early!

We are soon all ready and we head down to the lobby for about 0615hrs. Unsurprisingly we were the only ones there... no need to check out, but bell services do take our cases and mention they start moving them to resorts around 1500hrs. That is fine as we also leave a holdall (not to be taken) which we will collect before going back to POFQ. This is our swimming stuff!

All nice and easy, and we head out into the grounds of BLT and Contemporary to have a look around and take a few pics. It was still dark!

Into the Contemporary and we are first in line at around 0645hrs waiting for the restaurant to open!

Bobby is loving it all, especially to see the Mono's going through the hotel!

Anyway we check-in around 0700hrs and off to get the picture with the background and holding the signs. One challenge we soon realise this holiday, will be getting Bobby to look at the camera and smile... something which he struggled to do most times!

Chef Mickeys was great, and from the moment Minnie came round the corner and Bobby waved at myself and Holly and shouted at the top of his voice... Minnie, we knew this was going to be a holiday of a lifetime. He was in awe meeting all of the characters... Mickey was a little quick, but the rest spent a good few minutes playing with him. Amazing Of course, we had to get the characters to sign his book!

Bobby showing Goofy the mono.

Great meal, and Bobby loved the characters which was certainly a plus as we had quite a few character meals booked for the holiday!

We pay with 1 x TS meal each, and glad I had checked the receipt as they also had a kids meal on there. We had to get them to change this.

Anyway, we leave the tip and we are off for our first ride on the monorail... except for the one at the airport of course. We get Bobby in the stroller, go through security and the mono turns up a few mins later...

Through TTC, then Poly, then Grand Floridian... now at the Magic Kingdom! We are finally here

Still cannot believe it has been around 4 years since I was here last and Holly almost 3 years. We were now finally here with our son!

It was around 0830hrs, so the park had actually been open for EMH for 30 mins, but we were in no rush. We had FP's for It's a Small World (0900-1000hrs), Winnie the Pooh (1000-1100hrs) and Peter Pan (1100-1200hrs).

Bobby is now out of the stroller, of course, and walking into MK and onto Main Street. Holding back the tears at this point, we stop to take a few pictures. One of my favourites:

One thing we were going to make sure we did this holiday, was take it at a slower pace... Bobbys pace. Of course, majority of the FP's will be for rides we can all do together regardless of whether they really need a FP.

But we make our way back to Fantasyland and head straight for Journey of The Little Mermaid. Walked straight on, and he loved it. The colours, the music... There were a couple of parts were it goes quite dark were he got a tighter hold of Holly, but again, another good sign that he would really like the rides also. Far stretch from us taking him onto the likes of Pirates at DLP

Just after 0900hrs and next stop was our FP for Its a Small World. Not needed so we change it to Jungle Cruise between 1200-1300hrs.

Again walk straight on, and he loved this ride... this would be the 1st of many times we go on It's a Small World this holiday

By the time we got off, you could tell he was a little bit tired. It was just around 0930hrs, so we get him in his stroller, and yes, it wasn't long before he was asleep . We recline the stroller and we decide to have a little walk round. Next stop Starbucks... although the Q was almost out of the door, so we decide to go to the Joffreys place in Tomorrowland... I get an Americano and Hollys gets an iced drink of some sort.

We head back down Main Street with Bobby still asleep and just walk in and out of the shops, specifically looking for a hat for Holly, but also to go into my favourite shop... the art place (not sure of the name) on the right side of the street as you are looking towards the castle.

Anyway it was around 1045hrs by now, and our Winnie FP runs out at 1100hrs, so we head there and ask the CM at the front about any possible grace periods with Bobby still asleep. She said about 10-15 mins but also mentioned if you explain to the CM they may let you through. We didn't want to risk it, so changed the FP to 1315-1415hrs after Jungle Cruise.

By about 1130hrs, Bobby had woken up. A good 2 hours sleep for him after what had been a sensory overload morning!

So next FP was Peter Pan... again another ride we took him on in DLP, which he didn't like because it was so dark at times. Again, a little unsure this time... but again did point things out like 'snap snap'!

Straight out and what's across the road with only a 10min (not really) wait time... It's a Small World. Our second ride of it on the first morning... that song... that song

Next stop Jungle Cruise... well actually Aloha Isle for a Vanilla dole whip first of course. Now Mobile ordering... what a service. No-one in that Q, and yet the normal Q was easily 25-30 people deep. So easy, and 1 snack credit used! Of course, we make a mess of it as it is so hot and melting quicker than we can eat it!

Jungle Cruise next, and we were on within 5 minutes. Great as always, and of course, different every time. Not sure Bobby got too much out of it. But it was good for all of us to be in the shade, as was a very hot day with very few clouds in the sky.

Our last ride was the re-scheduled Winnie FP and we head back the ride about 1315hrs. Again, not one Bobby really knows except for the many Winnie the Pooh's that are around the house. But he did seem to enjoy it. Before we head out, we let Bobby pick something from the gift shop, and in fact he chooses a large plus Goofy, we which we purchase using the US$ 200 gift card and take back with us!

To be honest, m it had been a very busy morning for us, and after the long journey the day before, our plans after this were to head back to POFQ and get some time at the resort and in the pool. So we make our way out of MK and walk back to BLT to pick up our bag. I enquire with bell services about the Minnie Van service and they showed me how to order via the Lyft app... within 2-3 mins the Minnie van was with us. Great service, friendly and knowledgable driver and very nice vehicle. Expensive compared to other options as cost about US$28-30 plus tip from BLT to POFQ, but great as an experience and great car seats for DS.

It was just after 1500hrs and we were at our home for the next 13 nights (well kind of).

Our first thoughts were, what a beautiful looking resort and the smell in the lobby was amazing. Bobby is given some tokens to throw into the fountain which became one of his favourite things to do all holiday... we check in and advise of our room on the outside of block 1. Room number 1107. Just a couple of minutes walk from the main building, or if Bobby is not in his stroller then more like 4-5 mins.

Next stop is for us to go and pick-up the refillable mugs. We were also planning on getting Bobby one (OOP), but all of the drinks are generally fizzy so decided against it! I picked up about 5 x Mickey Milks to put in the fridge for Bobby. These are less than 1% fat and unsure how he would get on with these after spending his life thus far on whole milk!

We pick up the mugs and get a couple of QS meals to share between us. I get the pulled pork rice bowl and Holly gets burger and chips. Both very nice, but takes a little while to get through the food court, especially if ordering from different places.

We finally get to our room, which is lovely with 2 queen beds and nice bathroom area. Plenty of room for the 3 of us, and Bobby wants to get straight onto the beds!

I also enquire about 'service your way' which I forgot to ask about at check-in, and they confirm we can do this and they soon send over a gift card via e-mail for US$ 120. More money to buy Bobby presents. Finally, I request bed rails, as again we had decided to have him in the bed instead of a cot. These were delivered a couple of minutes after I got back to the room!

We had originally planned to head back to MK this evening, but once back at the resort decided to change this completely and head to Disney Springs a little later after some resort time. We also had to wait for our cases to be delivered and also Fairytale Shopper (amazing service and thank you for theDIBB recomendation) that afternoon. We had ordered things like kids snacks, beers, waters, water wipes, aveeno cream, sun cream etc. Met Beth and her niece who brought the 'shopping' direct to the room in a little 'wagon'.

This was all done by about 1800hrs, and we head down to the pool for 30-40 mins. Bobby was not too keen on the splash area as it is quite intense, so ended up in the main pool, but again is difficult as he loves the water and he loves climbing, so just wanted to climb out of the pool (via the steps), walk around the edge and them jump in.

I think it would be much easier at the deluxe resorts with the zero entry pools!

Anyway, we don't last long and head back to the room to get changed to head out to Disney Springs. I haven't been here since it has all changed (last time 2015). It is now around 2000hrs and Bobby falls asleep on the boat on the way to DS.

Nothing too exciting but we have a stroll round the shops and pick up some Poutine and also a steamed bun and a beer (can't remember the locations). Holly managed to find a visor that she liked in one of the stalls in DS.

We were all shattered by now, and we make our way back around 2200hrs... there was a 15min queue for the boat back to POFQ, but we manage to get back about 2245hrs and once back in the room it was straight to bed for all of us. Bobby had been asleep since the boat there and we managed to get him straight into his bed.

Anyhow, there are not many pictures from this evening as we were all shattered after again what had been an amazing morning in MK. Still coming to terms with the fact we were finally here!

Any worries we had about how Bobby would be out here had gone completely. The only concern was maybe the pool time, were with his independence and not wanting us to hold him out and in the pool, we knew this was going to be a little difficult!

We ere now in bed, with camera, phones, watched etc all on charge for the following day and again alarm set early for 0600hrs ready for EMH in Animal Kingdom!

End of Day 2.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

Index

Edited at 11:18 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fantastic first day! I got teary looking at the photo of Holly and Bobby on Main Street... I am going to be an absolute blubbering mess when we are there for the first time with Charlie!

Great that Bobby reacted so well to the characters, such lovely photos and what a great tradition that will be!

I'm impressed how much you managed to fit in to today given you had only arrived the day before!

Excited to read more!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Enjoyed reading about your first day especially your experience at chef mickeys. We have this booked for our first day with our two year old granddaughter. Look forward to reading more.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

That is some going for your first day and with a toddler! Well done both! Looking forward to reading more 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day at Magic Kingdom and some lovely pictures.
Old 12 May 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I loved the pictures from breakfast Bobby seems absolutely captivated by the characters.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a brilliant day, all the emotions for your first trip up Main Street together!

It sounds like he handled everything like a pro! Can’t wait to read the rest xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thanks you all for reading... day 3 will be up tomorrow.

He loved the characters all holiday. Absolutely in awe of them all.

We have a full day in Animal Kingdom!

Edited at 09:32 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Figment089
VIP Dibber

Lovely reading your trip report, I think we chatted last year as we both booked with VH pre-registration. Sadly we had to cancel our trip but we are looking at heading back next February half term. Looking forward to reading the rest, hope you all had an amazing time!

POFQ - Nov 2013
POFQ - May 2016
POR / RPR - Oct 2017
ASMu - Aug 2022
POFQ - Aug 2023
ASMu / AKV - Nov 2024
New DVC owner at AKV
Figment089 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
Lovely reading your trip report, I think we chatted last year as we both booked with VH pre-registration. Sadly we had to cancel our trip but we are looking at heading back next February half term. Looking forward to reading the rest, hope you all had an amazing time!
Sorry to hear you had to cancel! Glad you have it rebooked though.

We have booked again for next year also, but not through VH as certainly weren't as keen on the pricing as they were last year!