Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 16 May 2019

Index is here

Woke up just after 5 - not impressed. And then there was a cockroach on the counter in my bathroom. I discovered it after I started cleaning my teeth and then panicked that it might have been crawling over my toothbrush so spat out the toothpaste but in my panic I totally missed the sink and it went everywhere.

The girls were meeting their dad at Dunkin donuts on the 192 at 7.40 so we left at 7.20 and arrived bang on time (no satnav again) and they were already there waiting.

I got home and had ham and egg on toast for breakfast out by the pool.

Mum and Dad and I then set off at 9.30 for the Vineland Avenue outlets.

I hadn’t been to this one for a few years. I got a hoody and some joggers in superdry - that’s my way home outfit sorted. Next stop was the character warehouse. This one is bigger than the one at the international drive premium outlets. They had some good items in here but I was trying to be reserved! I got a lovely Disney Christmas tree skirt for our Disney tree and some Christmas cards.

Mooched around a few more shops. Dad got some more stuff in nautica and when I showed the military ID which gets 10% off the man said ‘I’ll give you 20% off everything, it’s easier”. Nice one.

We hopped in the car and drove 5 mins down the road to Disney Springs where we had a lunch reservation at Raglan Road, the Irish pub. Lovely food. Dad and shared our 2 meals - club sandwich and bacon, egg and avocado on toast. Mum has soup and salad. It was served on proper ‘nana china’.

We then went in a few shops round Disney Springs. We were in the Lego store when we heard that the girls were going to be dropped off at Springs so we waited for them to arrive to use a Phoe’s annual pass discount. Jas got some Disney mini fig packs.

It was then time to have a sit down and an ice cream at Ghiradelli

Mum had popped into basin to get some salt scrub - dad is already moaning about the weight in the case! As we headed back to the car Phoe dashed off to quickly meet Sarah to see the Disney Coach bag that she’d just purchased and then she couldn’t find the car despite me saying we’re in level one row nine and you have to go up the escalator and then back down again.

We were now on a tight time scale to get to the post office before it shut at 6. The 192 was like a car park but one we were past the main intersections it was fine and we arrived st the post office just after 5.30 and posted what we needed to.

We got home and Jas asked if she could have a Burger King for dinner. Where am I going to get that? I asked. There was one right by the post office, she says! Phoe came with me and off we went - it was less than 10 minutes down the road. Phoe picked up some cheeky bacon cheese bites to go with her hot dogs at home and as they had the freestyle coke machines, I picked up a caffeine free Diet Coke. I wish they had these machines in the parks like universal do. Some of the Disney resorts have them but not many.

I didn’t have any dinner as I was still full from lunch and the sundae.

Mum, dad and Phoe then went to Walmart. We then had to decide what was happening tomorrow as it’s mum and dad’s last full day. We’ve got fastpasses for Hollywood studios but there are still some places that mum wants visit - bed, bath and beyond being one of them.

We just found out that there is a rocket launch tonight - our villa is pointing in the right direction but not sure if we’ll be able to see it (or stay awake). If it was the shuttle we would as we watched that from magic kingdom car park once.

At 10pm we discovered the launch had been scrubbed which meant I could go to bed. Still so tired.

Only one gdog look alike today

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 14 - Hollywood Studios

Woke up twice in the night needing a wee! I need to learn not to drink too much right before bed. My alarm woke me up again at 6:30am and I heard mum scream out. Apparently she had another cockroach in her bathroom. I think I then heard her say it had crawled away and she’d lost it.

I then got up at 6:45 and showered, and went to check Jasmine was alive. We then left at 7:20am and mum was dropping us off at the Dunkin Doughnuts to meet dad and Teresa as we were heading to Hollywood Studios today. We met them at 7:40am and set off for the car park.

We were parked on the front row and parked at about 7:55am. I felt more at ease about being on the first row, we needed to be here early ready to rope drop Slinky Dog. I’d suggested meeting at 7:30am at the park but they don’t do early mornings so it was pushed back. We got through the tapstyles and were then held just outside Starbucks. I’d made it clear when the human sea starts to move then we gotta go for it. On the way Teresa was telling us about meeting Donald Duck yesterday and how she almost brought some ears. Dad then said she couldn't because she was 45. Teresa then protested because she’d just had a birthday and was 46. Turns out she can’t count as she was born in 74!

We only stood for about half an hour and at 8:40am they started the walk. Some people were cutting through a short cut, where we would normally go, thinking they’d be able to jump the queue but cast members then held them. HAHA in your face.

We then did the quick/jog/run thing through the park. Jas held on to me for dear life. We then managed to cram into the fence and join the queue. We officially went through the ride entrance at 8:49am and it was already showing a 60 minute wait! The look on their faces was a picture. I explained if we’d only now be rocking up to the park then it would be that long.

We were sat on the ride and ready to go at 9am on the dot. Off and round to Alien Swirling saucers at 9:05am. Quick restroom stop and we walked round to our first fp Rock N Roller Coaster. This was classic as ever. Jas managed to keep her eyes open for the photo but shut them the rest of the way round and Teresa screamed the whole way!

We then decided to go to watch the March of the First Order at 10am as dad is a massive Star Wars fan.

We then went to watch sing a long Frozen before our next fp Star Tours at 10:30am. This was much funnier than the previous one. I think the cast members add their own individual spin on things, so must be a bit different each time.

Then onto Star Tours. You’re supposed to get a different sequence each time you go as there’s so many available. Last year and the year before we had the same once each time. The first time we did this ride this year, we finally had a different one but this time, yet again, the same sequence. After Star Tours we went onto the Muppets 3D, it’s such a big space for a show that’s never full. We then went into the shop as nanny had sent me in with money looking to get something for her. The normal shop, which had all the Muppet stuff in, now had the worlds smallest selection of Muppet attire and filled with all sorts of other stuff. Disappointing to a Muppet fan, my little Cousin Sid!

I was then starving by this point and had been waiting for ages for Jasmine to become hungry. We then went to Pizzario near the Muppet show, where I had a cheese pizza with ceaser salad, Jas a kids pepperoni pizza, with a strawberry yoghurt drink and a satsuma, Teresa a antipesto salad and dad a meat lover pizza with salad. They only had a cheese pizza kids meal on the menu so a special requests were made and all was good in the world.

We were then in time for our Toy Story Mania Ride, I was determined to win. Teresa scored 122,000, I was 134,000, dad was 155,000 and little jbop was 169,000 she was beyond ecstatic! When we then got round the corner and it tells you the best score in the cart, out of 8, her score came up and her arms were up in the air!

We then sprinted over to the Indiana Jones stunt show. Dad can’t sprint for a rope drop because his feet are “trash” but he can walk quick to the show!? Great show as always, Sarah then text to say she’d arrived in Hollywood Studios and had just done their fp for Toy Story Mania and was now at the back of the theatre in the stunt show.

We then met her and Reece outside Beauty and the Beast live show and went in to watch this. Jas, dad and Teresa sat in one row and Sarah Reece and I in a few rows down. Just before the end of the show a guy sat next to me turned to the women next to him, and she pulled his head into her shoulder like he was pretending to take a nap. Next thing you know his eyes are rolling back into his head and she’s screaming for ice. Two of her group dart past us to find a cast member and a man appeared from the row opposite us to try and take the weight off him. The lady then said he had something, I assume it was a medical condition as it looked like he’d passed out from the heat and also had a seizure. A women in front of us then handed her water bottle over and the lady pored it over the man and he started to come round, Reece handed me his bottle too. The rest of the clan and cast members then arrived and said if we weren’t with the party then to leave. I jumped over the rows of benches and left all my stuff on the floor, luckily Reece picked it up. Just as we were walking up the stairs the lady was asking if he knew where he was and what was his and her name. He seemed very agitated and wanted to get up off the floor but they did well to keep him there. A cast member was on the phone to get a crew in with a stretcher.

I then had a mini rant about Jasmine needing to drink more as this is what could happen if she didn’t. She had 4 sips from a water bottle this morning and a tiny kids sprite at lunch, no where near enough. I almost passed out in 2016 from not drinking enough and spent the afternoon in the medics centre and there for missed our last ever chance to see the Electric Light Parade. And boy did I learn my lesson! I drink by the gallon load now.

We then headed over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid whilst Sarah and Reece went to queue for Rockin n Roller Coaster as it was only a 40 minute wait. Mum nanny and Gdog then said they were at Disney Springs so dad and Teresa dropped us off there.

We met them in the Lego store, and Jas chose a Christmas present from Nanny and Gdog. We then went into World of Disney as the Lego store had run out of the mini figures she’s collecting. There were 6 packets available at the till and she grabbed them all and ran. We then headed to Girhardelli for a drink and a Sunday. Mum and I shared a cookie dough one. I then went to meet Reece and Sarah at Coach, where she got this lovely baby pink across the shoulder handbag.

I then left them to meet the others back at the car but got lost on the way down. Gdog had to come and find me. We then stopped at the post office on the way back.

We then got home and Jas said she’d seen a Burger King near the post office, why she couldn’t have said this when we were there I don’t know. She then sat and built her Lego figures whilst mum and I went to collect it for her. Gdog and I then had hotdogs for tea when we got back.

Nanny, Gdog and I then went to Walmart to see if we could get some bits to take home. Nanny managed to get a few items she wanted. We then headed back home.

We then played some 7’s. Gdog won the first game and mum won the second. I lost again. My knees felt funny, where I needed to chop them off. A few days before we came away I woke up in the night and my feet and toes felt like that. I had to cut my toenails to make myself feel better, but I can’t cut my knees so they’re still feeling funny. I finally won the third game! Nanny then won the fourth and Jas won the fifth.

We then had one final decider as we’d been waiting for a rocket launch but it had been scrubbed. We’d each put in two quarters and mum won it! Off to bed for another early start.

Edited at 03:52 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Nice breakfast! Sorry about the cockroach though ewwwww!

This sounds like my kind of day, bit of shopping, some nice food, Raglan road looks good we have never been there.

Phoebe - loving the photo on Rock N Roller coaster! Brilliant. We hated this ride, and Bethany cried when she got off she felt so ill.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Sounds like you had such a chilled day.

Phoebe, so impressed with your military planning of your morning, you must have felt very smug being off and on Slinky Dog.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day! Loving this report and it's two view dynamic
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A bit more of a relaxing day

Joan