Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hmr89 View Post
Very jealous of all of you! I'm 30 and I have very dark purple shadows under my eyes permanently- doesn't matter how much sleep I get or how much water I drink; they're always there and my Mum and Nan are the same. On the rare occasions when I do go out without wearing at least concealer, people in supermarkets have asked me if I'm OK and told me that I don't look well. I feel more comfortable wearing foundation but don't really bother with eye shadow/eyeliner/ blusher etc.
I'm the same - I look like a panda but I don't care what I look like. With my health conditions for many years, plus a very recent breast cancer diagnosis, my life is too full of other stuff to worry about it.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hmm. I wear make up when going out. However I am thinking I maybe need to start for work but my make up knowledge peaked in the 90s!
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Me! I never wear make up. When I look at the time and money my 19 year olds spend on it I’m really thankful I never got in to it. I shower, put mousse in my curly hair, put on some Olay moisturiser and am ready for my day 😊
I completely agree with this! My daughter puts so much on in my opinion and wastes far too much time and money on it. I only wear lipstick and always have. The only time I was thankful she was into it was last December. I was recovering from a very nasty chest infection and looked horrific. We had to go out for her birthday.Out came the brushes, lotions and potions and I went from near death to ready for the world in minutes but I couldn’t be doing with it everyday
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I almost never wear makeup. On a day to day basis I'm too lazy to put it on in the mornings, and even if I did put it on the hot/humid climate means that sweating is inevitable and I'm not sure how to deal with makeup if I'm sweating!

I do use it for things like attending weddings and other nice more formal occasions though!

Sometimes I'll walk past places like Sephora and wish I was more into makeup as it looks so interesting in there... but then again I guess I really save a lot of money by just having a minimal amount of makeup supplies...
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

I love makeup and don’t leave the house without it. However I go for a very natural, minimal look and it takes me 5 - 10 mins max to do.

I love to check out the beauty counters and often let the stylists try a new look on me but to be honest I always prefer the natural look.

It just gives me a lift and I feel better in myself but I don’t bother if I’m not going out or if I’m gardening or doing housework.
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
I love makeup and don’t leave the house without it. However I go for a very natural, minimal look and it takes me 5 - 10 mins max to do.

I love to check out the beauty counters and often let the stylists try a new look on me but to be honest I always prefer the natural look.

It just gives me a lift and I feel better in myself but I don’t bother if I’m not going out or if I’m gardening or doing housework.
This is me exactly. Apart from the bit about checking up beauty counters, have no interest, I stick to the same products.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve never worn make up in my life and I’m approaching 45.

Although I know I could do with it now, problem is as I’ve never ever worn it I fear I’d look like Coco the clown! 😂

I also rub my eyes a lot - I can imagine that makeup would look delightful within ten minutes of me applying it! Haha!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No. I dont wear make up. Only time I will put any on will be special occasions and then it's pretty minimal. I have always been a bit of a tom boy and my partner likes me the way I am and so he accepts me the way I am.
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

I don't on a daily basis but when I do its very little
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
muffinmclean
Apprentice Imagineer

Have just got chance to read all the replies.

Nice to know I’m not the only one. It’s mostly down to laziness for me, and the few times I do wear eyeshadow/lip gloss I feel like I look silly and stand out. I wouldn’t say I’m confident in how I look, I have rosacea and scarring on my cheeks but I just think (just like a famous song) ‘This is me’ . I probably would look better wearing make up but too high maintenance and Thankfully my husband likes me not wearing any as he hates the mess make up leaves (and that I don’t take long to get ready to go out )