Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Apr 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by deano1212 View Post
The real problem with this is that no insurance company will pay for treatment of coronavirus as it’s a known event. Given that it’s life threatening I wouldn’t want to put it to chance of catching it whilst in the USA as they will not treat you unless you pay. This would bankrupt most people if they ended up in icu on a ventilator...
My insurers contacted me concerning our December trip. They will cover health issues caused by Covid19 if the trip was booked before 18/3/20. We booked in February 2020.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

The real problem with this is that no insurance company will pay for treatment of coronavirus as it’s a known event. Given that it’s life threatening I wouldn’t want to put it to chance of catching it whilst in the USA as they will not treat you unless you pay. This would bankrupt most people if they ended up in icu on a ventilator...
My insurers have contacted me to say I will be covered for medical expenses for it if my September trip goes ahead since I booked it last year.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
My insurers have contacted me to say I will be covered for medical expenses for it if my September trip goes ahead since I booked it last year.
When do you renew yours please and is it a bank type one?

Ours is with our bank and in June i have to go through the declaration every year of previous ops for us all ie my spine surgery, kids ear perforation then normally pay an excess to cover the known things. Worried they may change it all at that point and whack us with extra for Coronavirus cover.
* I do need to read the small print when i get some spare time as still currently working.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I understand people are covered if the trip is already booked but it’s the trip planning for future trips that worries me. I’ve a few conditions like diabetes and blood pressure and I can’t find anyone at the moment who will offer cover if I book a trip now! It’s scary as it rules out all foreign travel until a vaccine is available
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

I understand people are covered if the trip is already booked but it’s the trip planning for future trips that worries me. I’ve a few conditions like diabetes and blood pressure and I can’t find anyone at the moment who will offer cover if I book a trip now! It’s scary as it rules out all foreign travel until a vaccine is available
I think I've got my insurance policy wrong in my head and confused myself in that its a rolling cover through the bank then each year i declare known things like surgeries etc. They then charge a bit extra to cover them.

In the case where i asked about renewing it i was wrongly thinking of like a yearly policy if you get me.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

themeparktourist/new...d-health-check

Could be an indication of what’s to come. It will certainly influence our decision on going in late October.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Been running this over in my head with different scenarios, but really can't see how they can have social distancing in the parks.

I'm sure Disney springs will be first to open with limited number allowed in shops and restaurants.

Hotels next, with perhaps a couple of Value, Moderate and Deluxe resorts to start with.

Then with the parks it gets tricky...

They could only allow on site guests, AP holders and DVC to start with, temp checks on arrival.

But how do you social distance on a resort bus, the whole fleet would have to service one resort to ensure there is distance between folk.

Maybe they will offer free parking again at the parks to encourage you to drive rather then get resort transport.

Then queuing in the parks, sure they could mark out 2m with tape like they do in the shops here, but as others have said imagine the line for Avatar. If they scrap queuing all together and just have virtual queues, then you are just pushing guests to mill around the shops and restaurants. You know for a fact that guests will just stand around the entrance to the line waiting for their turn, or will argue the toss with a cast member when they can't get a decent return time.

Maybe they will just have FP, you plan you day out before you arrive and thats it, no changes on the day no additional FP on the day. That way they can manage how many will use a ride at a certain time.

But then on the ride, to social distance on tower of terror there would only be a handful on at a time, same with the coasters, they would have to leave a row between guests.
How would a small world operate and Sorin'

No meet and greets, no shows, no fireworks, no parades. Water parks and hotel pools closed.

Would they then reduce ticket costs, you would only be getting half of the Disney experience.

Would hate to be in a operations team at a theme park when they are allowed to open, would be such a headache to work out!
AJ86 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
themeparktourist/new...d-health-check

Could be an indication of what’s to come. It will certainly influence our decision on going in late October.
Been thinking this as well, but how would it be managed with such a international variety of guests.

Maybe there will be a Disney Medical office, where you have to get the ok and a stamp before being allowed in the parks. But wouldn't want to risk going all that way and invest money to be turned around at the desk as i caught a cold on the flight.
AJ86 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
I had this very conversation with AXA (via Halifax current account) on Thursday. They confirmed that all medical expenses will be covered unless I travel against FCO advice.

Cancellation will only be paid for bookings made before 19th March.

-Steve
That’s good to know, my husband has the Halifax ultimate reward account so gets family world wide travel insurance. I’m assuming we would be covered for future bookings, even if not booked yet. We are planning August next year. Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Been thinking this as well, but how would it be managed with such a international variety of guests.

Maybe there will be a Disney Medical office, where you have to get the ok and a stamp before being allowed in the parks. But wouldn't want to risk going all that way and invest money to be turned around at the desk as i caught a cold on the flight.
I always catch a cold on holiday... seems to be a running joke. Wouldn’t be so funny at the entrance to WDW that’s for sure!

We are due to go in November but if it’s a much more limited experience then we’ll push it back to next year.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List