Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
When I called to book my return flight I called the US number (via Skype for free) at 1am when the flights were released. They added it to the original booking to make it a return.
That’s what I’m going to have to try and keep trying! At 8am that number was routed through to Newcastle to the disruption team! Thank goodness when I need to book my return (25th May) it’s a bank holiday so I’m not exhausted for work!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

In the last week I've successfully called to add a return to a previously booked outbound using a 241 voucher. I had been cut off (too busy) a couple of times but persevered. Got through on a weekday morning just after 9am, with a 10 minute wait. I hear that Japanese call centre is also a good alternative at midnight - calling via skype or the like.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amf View Post
In the last week I've successfully called to add a return to a previously booked outbound using a 241 voucher. I had been cut off (too busy) a couple of times but persevered. Got through on a weekday morning just after 9am, with a 10 minute wait. I hear that Japanese call centre is also a good alternative at midnight - calling via skype or the like.
Yeah, the Japanese one is an option. When I did mine in September the timings meant the Japanese one was closing on the hour the flights were released, so I had to call the US.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
tonymc - is there a chance that you could ask BA to try to manually add a MAN-LHR sector to your outbound booking as you couldn't do it online or was there no Avios availability in CE?
Originally Posted by tonymc View Post
There is plenty of availability, but TBH as it was showing an extra £200+ in taxes, it is cheaper to get a one way Avis rental at £80. In addition, we have all day to travel as our flight doesn’t leave until 21:50 so aiming to arrive around 18:00 and use the lounge
Have to say that the BA staff have been remarkably helpful under the present circumstances. I called them last week to have the Companion Voucher applied to the return leg, as well as adding on the LHR-MAN connection, which was done at no extra charge.

At the same time, I did ask about adding a MAN-LHR connecting flight, and the agent also added this to the booking - we will have around 4 hours connection, so plenty of opportunity to enjoy the lounge (hopefully they will be open by then! ).

The key decider was that it was only an additional £67 in taxes, yet when I did a dummy booking straight after for a similar MAN-LHR-SYD flight, on-line it was still a £200 difference to just the LHR-SYD cost (see screenshots below) - very strange!

Anyhow, flights sorted, accommodation for our first week in Sydney booked, and cruise booked - just need to sit back now and think how to pay for it...

2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 12:28 PM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have to say that the BA staff have been remarkably helpful under the present circumstances. I called them last week to have the Companion Voucher applied to the return leg, as well as adding on the LHR-MAN connection, which was done at no extra charge.

At the same time, I did ask about adding a MAN-LHR connecting flight, and the agent also added this to the booking - we will have around 4 hours connection, so plenty of opportunity to enjoy the lounge (hopefully they will be open by then! ).

The key decider was that it was only an additional £67 in taxes, yet when I did a dummy booking straight after for a similar MAN-LHR-SYD flight, on-line it was still a £200 difference to just the LHR-SYD cost (see screenshots below) - very strange!

Anyhow, flights sorted, accommodation for our first week in Sydney booked, and cruise booked - just need to sit back now and think how to pay for it...

Glad you got it all sorted. getting that MAN-LHR added will make all the difference - you've discovered the joys of BA IT systems. Now time to plan - try the Coogee-Bondi walk and a drink at Icebergs bar when you finish, lunch at the Opera Bar with a drink and, of course, Bridge Climb followed by (yes you've guessed it) a drink at the Australian. Seems to be a theme there - although I do normally do Bridge Climb/Australia Bar followed by Opera Bar with friends when I go.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

I've just earned my first voucher and been looking to use it and have noticed that the taxes and fees displayed on this page are a lot higher than when you actually press continue and get to the next page!

I'm tempted to use them for a low risk end of August booking to Florida. It was going to be Plan B but my Qatar Q Suites booking to SE Asia was officially cancelled today.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
I've just earned my first voucher and been looking to use it and have noticed that the taxes and fees displayed on this page are a lot higher than when you actually press continue and get to the next page!

I'm tempted to use them for a low risk end of August booking to Florida. It was going to be Plan B but my Qatar Q Suites booking to SE Asia was officially cancelled today.
I too have noticed the taxes dropping sometimes by a considerable amount when you press continue - my last boking was over £200 cheaper on the 2nd page (almost a bargain ). At least it only cost £35 per person to cancel and get the miles and voucher back so fairly flexible.

Sorry your Q Suites booking has been cancelled - I travel on QR regularly and love the Q-Suite seat - best business seat in the air at the moment.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Yep, we were really looking forward to it. Only time we've flown business was United's old one from Dublin to Newark on the way to MCO. We thought that was brilliant but QR looks just a different league and four of us in a Q Suite looked a lot of fun. Even the lounge in Doha seemed nicer than the places we actually stay.

I'm glad it's cancelled now though as the fun of planning the holiday had almost gone. Should hopefully now be able to claim on insurance for internal flights in Asia and positioning flights to Stockholm.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by TerryYa View Post
Yep, we were really looking forward to it. Only time we've flown business was United's old one from Dublin to Newark on the way to MCO. We thought that was brilliant but QR looks just a different league and four of us in a Q Suite looked a lot of fun. Even the lounge in Doha seemed nicer than the places we actually stay.

I'm glad it's cancelled now though as the fun of planning the holiday had almost gone. Should hopefully now be able to claim on insurance for internal flights in Asia and positioning flights to Stockholm.
I can understand why you are glad it is cancelled - if you do get it rebooked in the future you have a total pleasure to come - Q-suite is exceptional (you can even take one of the pillows as some of my bedrooms can confirm). The Doha lounge is huge but can be very, very busy at peak transfer times and I do like the $6.8m Lamp Bear in the concourse it always makes me smile.

Still I digress and we shoud get back on the subject of BA vouchers but perhaps we could start another thread about transfers through Doha.
Old 13 May 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

So , we've now got enough Avios in our family account to use two vouchers. One voucher is in my name and one in my wife's and I was wondering if we can book them all on one booking or if we need to make two separate bookings?