Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Advice on Insurance booking against FCO advice?

Hi I'm looking at booking BA flights for next Summer and have read on here about taking insurance with StaySure as it covers for Covid if booking when FCO advice against travel. I have been on site for a quote but it says it does not cover you, it offers extra cover for European holidays but USA not included.
Any advice where we can get cover before I book ?
We have Halifax travel insurance with bank but it does not cover for covid related claims.
Thanks in advance

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Bee happy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

I've booked annual insurance with Hays Travel (their gold policy) and we are covered for booking a holiday to Spain now (which is on the FCO list) for next year. I also has significant Covid protection. They do a worldwide policy too, and individual trip policies so might be worth a look.

Edited at 01:15 PM.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Don’t do it! That’s my advice. Like you I’ve looked into it and Staysure as you say have an extra package for European holidays only. I haven’t found anything other than Virgin who are offering insurance with flights, but only up to end of March I think and obviously that only covers the flight element. I think US holidays are just too expensive to risk last minute symptoms or denied boarding. Maybe other providers will catch on and realise they need to provide insurance if they want people to book
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

There are people on here that have booked Staysure insurance, I’m sure that I’ve read their posts. Have they been mis-sold? Or has Staysure’s policy changed?
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

This is what staysure messaged me when I asked about travel to USA when fco allows it...
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
There are people on here that have booked Staysure insurance, I’m sure that I’ve read their posts. Have they been mis-sold? Or has Staysure’s policy changed?
I don’t know. I probably want to go again next October so until BA flights are released not much point checking into it. Hays travel insurance isn’t online to check it out, but Staysure certainly looks at the moment as if you are still taking a risk while FCO advice is not to travel. However I’ll give them a call and find out exactly what is covered (and get it in writing!) before our flights are released.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
This is what staysure messaged me when I asked about travel to USA when fco allows it...
On the website this cover is only for European travel. There was no option to upgrade it for USA travel. Maybe they've changed it.
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Mobile

This is what is currently on Staysure website.
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So this is what confuses me. It's not clear if it means if the FCO advises it at the point of travel or at the point of booking, or other...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

I spoke to them today. They clarified that if I were to book today for the USA, while the FCO advises against travel, I WOULD be covered if the FCO advisory has been lifted by the time of travel but would not be covered if the FCO advisory still was in place but we decided to travel anyway.
Hope this helps.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List