Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi 5. We just love it. Although it sleeps 4 there’s only ever me and husband in it (with two labradors). We find it has plenty room , lots of storage a huge fridge and freezer. The fixed bed suits us. Obviously there are lots of options and we originally wanted one with u shaped area we found this one and quickly decided it’s the one for us. We are in Scotland and have been all round north Scotland and last year spent nearly 4 weeks touring outer Hebrides in it. Any other questions please ask.
Sorry should have said. The awning fits onto the rail of the wind out awning and is pumped up from there. We can be on site, hooked up, awning up and kettle on within 30 mins (he claims 20 mins...).
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

Thanks Dizzy, like you it will just be my husband, myself and the dog, have to say we really like the fixed bed idea, good to hear from someone whose got one.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Please let me know what you choose. And more questions - ask away.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lesley1960
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loubie View Post
Evening Dibbers

We have an Autotrail Apache 700 2006 motorhome and I'm trying to find the awning rail height so we can purchase a drive away awning.

I've looked in the handbook, online specifications and forums but I cannot find out what the height is.

I will go and measure next weekend but just wondered if anyone on here might know.

Thank you

Louise

Does a drive away awning fit on the rail ?
Or is it just for height reference?
We have an awning that attaches to the wind out canopy , in blustery weather we tend wake up in the morning thinking its bound to have blown away ...its amazingly resilient
We also tow a car for travelling around
Sorry not much help !
lesley1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You can get different sorts of attachments. Some fit into a rail if you have one, some have straps which go over the van and get secured the other side. Depends on whether the van even has rails, and if it does what sort.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lesley1960 View Post
Does a drive away awning fit on the rail ?
Or is it just for height reference?
We have an awning that attaches to the wind out canopy , in blustery weather we tend wake up in the morning thinking its bound to have blown away ...its amazingly resilient
We also tow a car for travelling around
Sorry not much help !
I’m jumping back in. What set up do you use to tow vehicle?... . We’ve not decided but husband is toying with idea. We set up on sites before and hired a wee car which has worked well.
Old 18 Nov 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

If you are thinking between an A-frame or trailer type set up, you need to consider where you are planning to go.

The UK last time I checked it was worded towards A-Frame not being allowed, but doesn't outright say it.

On the continent there are countries which explicitly ban that set up.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List