Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Jan 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Losing the will to live! 1st timer

OMG I'm trying to plan our first ever visit. and I feel like I'm going slightly insane!

There me, hubby and 13yr old, so don't need lots of rest/downtime. but it's so hard to plan when you have never been and have no idea of the area etc.

also were not hiring a car, going to use uber, were staying at endless summer dockside.

The main attractions for us are AK, HS, Universal/IOA (Harry potter) I'm trying to factor in some water parks for rest but also trying to make sure we see all the main evening shows.

hubby wants to eat at a lot of different places on i-drive (longhorn, millers, Cracker Barrell, ihop, golden coral). But because we're using Uber I don't really want to come all the way out of Disney to i-drive then all the way back again for the evening - or is that what people do?

i don't want to be using an Uber every few hours to move about, also the first morning we have to collect our Magic bands from Disney springs, but am I right in thinking that you then can't get from DS to MK? so again another Uber!

Arghhhhh think I may do 2 weeks in Spain next year and lie down for 14 days

Can anyone please have a look at the plan so far and see if I'm on right track? I've told hubby the day were are in the parks all day we will just eat in the park!

Edited at 04:43 PM.
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Unfortunately I cannot read the writing of your plan as it is too small.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Unfortunately I cannot read the writing of your plan as it is too small.
This!

However once at DS get on the bus to contemporary it’s free and you can walk to MK from there.
Griff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Apologies

Edited at 04:43 PM.
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi, can see you have put a lot of effort into your plan already. Can I suggest you have a go at transposing it into a planner? If you leave out personal details and booming info you can share it here and people will be able to see and Assist.

Plus you can print it out to take with you, it links to the busy day guides and various other useful stuff.

What tickets do you have and what day is your first full day in Orlando, and what date is your last? It all depends on the busy day guides.

Happy to help though. As you say you don't want to be bobbing around in Ubers every five minutes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

How many days are you planning to do at WDW? Did you consider staying onsite at WDW for those days to get the 60 days FPS etc? If you stayed onsite you can use WDW transportation and cut down on the Ubers.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d agree with others in that need to use the busy day guide or crowd calendar etc is always best to plan the days.

Depends on what parks your doing etc.

You can get a bus to one of the hotels from Disney springs then walk to a park or take another bus.

It’s all definitely doable and you have couple of months left to work it all out. Being offsite fastpasses are 30 days so what I do is have basic plans and then confirm them about 32 days out.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
How many days are you planning to do at WDW? Did you consider staying onsite at WDW for those days to get the 60 days FPS etc? If you stayed onsite you can use WDW transportation and cut down on the Ubers.
She can use the buses even offsite can’t she?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
She can use the buses even offsite can’t she?
Yeah, but I was thinking instead of going from endless summer dockside to WDW and back 5/6 times. It might be better to stay there.
Do a week at Endless Summer and a week at WDW.
Do the ubering from Endless Summer to the International Drive restaurants.

Edited at 06:24 PM.
Old 17 Jan 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Hi, can see you have put a lot of effort into your plan already. Can I suggest you have a go at transposing it into a planner? If you leave out personal details and booming info you can share it here and people will be able to see and Assist.

Plus you can print it out to take with you, it links to the busy day guides and various other useful stuff.

What tickets do you have and what day is your first full day in Orlando, and what date is your last? It all depends on the busy day guides.

Happy to help though. As you say you don't want to be bobbing around in Ubers every five minutes.
Duh! Feel free to add any BOOMING info you want. I meant booking info.

You can always make your plan private once finished and then add your other more personal bits n Bobs like booking reference numbers etc then.

You have choses a great place to stay, have heard lots of good reviews.

Edited at 07:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List