Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 12 Oct 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

M&S christmas order

Hi- thinking of doing an order- are you able to add to order at later date, or if you need to add in items do you need to do whole new order?
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Christmas Food order? According to the FAQ’s you can amend, by telephone, up to the 10th December. I checked this before ordering, as they don’t have the packs of ready made gravy, cranberry sauce and bread sauce available this year, and hoped they might be added.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
maudyhill
VIP Dibber

maudyhill's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I like itthat I’m not the only one to have done theres😀

Mandy xx
Best Western ID 1994, DLP Santa Fe 2004, Quailty inn plaza ID 2008
Emerald Island Kissimmee 2011 , San Francisco / yosemite 2012
Emerald island Kissimmee 2013, Esprit estate Davenport 2015, new york 2016, Emerald Island Kissimmee 2017, San fran, LA & Vegas 2018, Newyork 7/2019, Emerald Island 10/2019, HighGrove 03/2022, Thousand Oaks 11/2022
maudyhill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I suppose its to reserve a slot. I think i want the veg pack etc, definetly want 2x Colins! Also some other stuff i’m not sure about
Old 12 Oct 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Has anyone tried the veg pack at £25? Would it actually feed 6!?
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CRUELLA View Post
I'm not sure but theres only going to be 4 of us! Usually we go to my sisters but unlikely to happen this year.
Old 12 Oct 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Yes, we had it last year it was enough for 6. I actually liked the fact it helped us eat normal portions. Bit of a tendency to over cook when doing it all from scratch. I had some extra veg in the freezer just incase, but didn’t need it.
So convenient, last year was the first year I had gone down the convenience route, it was lovely to have my Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning back.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Yes, we had it last year it was enough for 6. I actually liked the fact it helped us eat normal portions. Bit of a tendency to over cook when doing it all from scratch. I had some extra veg in the freezer just incase, but didn’t need it.
So convenient, last year was the first year I had gone down the convenience route, it was lovely to have my Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning back.
Good to know ! I would also be doing mash so that would bulk it up a bit
Thanks
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CRUELLA View Post
We used to have it , it would do 4 adults and a child with very little left over but I don’t think it would do generous portions for 6.
I’ve taken to doing my own roast veg (M&S now sell the seasoning )and freezing with goose fat for the potatoes in foil trays well in advance - it’s really only what you will be buying and on the day you will have done the work and especially for large numbers it’s much more economical /less of a rip off!

Edited at 07:20 AM.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
We used to have it , it would do 4 adults and a child with very little left over but I don’t think it would do generous portions for 6.
I’ve taken to doing my own roast veg (M&S now sell the seasoning )and freezing with goose fat for the potatoes in foil trays well in advance - it’s really only what you will be buying and on the day you will have done the work and especially for large numbers it’s much more economical /less of a rip off!
Good thinking,so would you parboil the potatoes then freeze? I’ve never prepared and frozen veg before only stews,curries etc
Any tips welcome!