Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Oct 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 08 - IOA and move to the Villa

The index is here.

Saturday 3rd August 2019

The plan for today was to grab breakfast in the lounge and then into IOA, stay until lunch then head towards the airport to pick up the car. We would be checking into the villa today which we can’t wait as it looks absolutely lovely but more importantly…..our first shop at Walmart

We got up and had breakfast in the lounge; packed our bags, left them at reception and checked out. We caught the boat to Universal this morning; it’s a nice, steady 10 mins rather than working up a sweat by walking

We decided to head into IOA and go on Kong as it wasn’t there on the last trip. It was brilliant, although it does throw you around a little bit ; from there we went to Dr Suess and rode his ride; as we walked past Sneetches In, DDs saw all of the cakes.

They went for the brownie/cookies or as it’s known “Brookie” which was $8 (£6.61) for two; the little I had offered to me tasted really nice.

We then rode Cat In The Hat, which we all love. From there onto the Hulk, it was revamped since we last went, but it’s such a good rollercoaster. DDs wanted to go on it again so DW and I decided to sit it out and wait for them. It must have only been around 1030 but the heavens opened; it absolutely poured down and we took cover under one of the mobile shops.

DDs arrived back and we walked (through as many shops as we could) to Spiderman where DD2 and I went on; DD1 and DW didn’t fancy it as it’s more a simulator in their eyes. I love Spiderman, it’s so much fun.

We got off the ride and it continued to pour; so, we had a look in the shops and picked up some gifts and more pins for DD2. The rain was really heavy but we couldn’t pick the car before 1500 and the weather app was saying that it will continue to heavily rain for most of the day. We decided to head out of the park and grab some lunch in either Choccy Woccy as it wasn’t there on our last visit or Hard Rock.

Choccy Woccy looked great and so many cakes and macrons

There was a lot to choose from on the menu, but nothing took DDs fancy, so went to Hard Rock Café; we’ve been there before and in other cities so we knew what the menu and food was like.

Always good to take some photos of iconic musicians

DDs ordered Tupelo Chicken Tenders with cokes; DW had the Big Cheeseburger with Bud Lite and I had the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger with water.

The food was really good; the burgers were juicy and really tasty. It does come at a cost and that was over $100 ($109.22 (£90.22)) which is a lot for lunch; they don’t seem (or we weren’t shown) a lunch menu, but guess their location means they always have enough guests. That being said, we’d always go back

A quick stop in the shop for some essentials, aka Hoodie for DD2 and a Bruce Springsteen T-shirt for me (clearly most essential purchase of the whole trip ).

The over to Voodoo Donuts; we’ve read a lot about these on Dibb trippies and their website looks brilliant. Just shows you what times we live when you have to queue for donuts! The queue was not too bad, a lot better than some of the photos I have seen. It’s set out really good and I can’t believe how much merchandise there is for a donut shop.

DD1 got ODB and DD2 8 mile; the cost wasn’t too bad at $5.50 (£4.55)

They put paper over DD1’s donut, but it took off the frosting…never mind, she just made a mess when she licked it off

We then had a little look in the shops and caught the water taxi back to hotel. We ordered a Lyft to the airport which cost $32 (£25.97) as when I booked the car through Holiday Autos (received cash back) they didn’t have a pick up close to RPR.

The rental company were Hertz, so we made ourselves to the rental desk to pick the standard vehicle, yep a Minivan Well you’d think that, but the next hour turned into a right palaver. The assistant started with the normal “we’re running low on that vehicle; would you like an upgrade to a Mercedes GLA?” “of course I would……how much?” “only $25 a day extra”……”if you do it for $5 a day I’ll have it”. Guess what….we waited for a Minivan which I’m told will be 10 mins.

25 mins later still nothing; I went back over and the conversation turned to do I really need a seven-seater or just something big. I said something for five suitcases and four of us. He gave us an Infinity SUV and as there was a price difference, we got a free tank of fuel. We headed off to the garage and get the vehicle, only to find it’s no bigger than a small SUV where nobody can sit behind me if the driver’s seat is all the way back. I head back into the “preferred” desk in the parking garage. The assistant tells me it’s an hour wait for a minivan or he could give me a pick-up truck! I politely informed him it’s pouring with rain and asked how am I supposed to secure the suitcases?

Just as he said we’d have to wait for an hour, a white Dodge Caravan which had just been washed pulled up. I got DW to stand by it with the suitcases; I said to the assistant, we’ll take that and pointed to it. He begrudgingly gave me the key but charged me for fuel (which was the correct thing to do, but I wasn’t happy at this stage) so I asked him to correct it and off we went

We headed towards the villa but was slightly early, so as we knew where the villa was, we stopped at Walmart Cagan’s Cross to pick up some more essentials (beer, wine, Cheetos….you know); we then headed to the villa.

We saw this villa on the Dibb and booked it through the owner Debbie, who was superb all through the process. The website is pineviewvilla and I cannot recommend this villa highly enough; it’s in a brilliant location and has two floors with a separate lounge upstairs. However, I’m writing this in May 20 and I spoke to Debbie around Nov 19 for a friend; Debbie said they were thinking about selling and so please check. I had a look whilst writing this and the website is still up. It was so good that if it is still being rented when we next go, we will stay there.

Downstairs

Upstairs

Pool Area

We grabbed some food at Walmart so settled in to eat the whilst DDs went swimming. There was a new Disney film called Descendants 3 being shown and DD2 really wanted to watch it, to be fair it was just nice to sit and relax in our home for the next two weeks.

The film had just started when we noticed a reaction coming up on DD2’s face; it must have been the swimming pool or shower gel as it was almost instant. A quick visit to the Walgreens further down the H27 was needed for some anti-histamine. The pharmacist was really helpful and after taking some medicine it settled down.

Back to the villa to enjoy the rest of the evening. It had been a really lovely day, we didn’t do IOA as much as we liked and missed Hagrid again. However Hard Rock Café, shopping at Walmart and the amazing villa we have made up for it.

Tomorrow is either Blizzard Beach if dry or MK if overcast until early afternoon; then head towards International Drive for DW and DD2 to go on Orlando Starflyer (absolute madness). Day 9 can be found here

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Villa looks lovely. Another great day.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great change over day well apart from sorting the car out

Lovely villa

Joan