Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Nov 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Yeah they've told her shes going to get hit by one of the girls. Shes stressing, I told her to go to guidance but she wont. Shes just told me that the pals shes hanging about with today are going to the same area as this other 2 hang about in and what should she do. I asked what she thinks and shes said shes going with them. She doesnt want to look weak even though shes terrified inside.
I’d be phoning the school or even going up there, no way would I be waiting for her to get hit by one of the girls. Hitting in school isn’t allowed, your dd shouldn’t be terrified of going to school. Phone the head now and tell them it’s urgent, my son was bullied in year 7 and the other son aged 15 because he was different and wasn’t one of the lads. Please sort this out your daughter needs your help, let us know how it all goes xxx ❤️
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

As someone who was bullied, I really feel for your daughter, it’s such an awful thing that I wish would never happen. My first bully was my older sister, so not exactly someone I could escape easily.

It sounds so simple now, but looking back, one of my biggest regrets is showing people that I cared. If I’d walked into school with my head held high, sauntered past my so called “friends” (I had bullying issues with my “friends”) and found a new group to talk to, I really think my life would have been so much easier. Instead I tolerated their behaviour until it made me ill because I was afraid to be alone and without them.

If your daughter already has other good friends, I would encourage her to just walk in, talk with them and pay no attention the other girls. It is what I eventually did when I was in year 11 after I’d snapped because I couldn’t take anymore and it was the best thing I did, they lost interest when they knew I didn’t care.

My school did get “involved” at some point because I refused to go into a certain lesson because of the bullies, when I say they got involved, they were made aware of it and did absolutely nothing other than let me sit in the learning mentor room for a couple of days. After a couple of days one bitter senior member staff came and found me, shouted at me and told me to get back to class. At that point I realised I could trust no one to help me and I think it was not long after that I snapped and just cut off the bullies full stop.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Yeah they've told her shes going to get hit by one of the girls. Shes stressing, I told her to go to guidance but she wont. Shes just told me that the pals shes hanging about with today are going to the same area as this other 2 hang about in and what should she do. I asked what she thinks and shes said shes going with them. She doesnt want to look weak even though shes terrified inside.
Then you need to ring the school and make them aware ASAP ..

Though I would be going up the school if you’re able to and make sure the Head comes down to see you .. tell the school if they don’t act you’ll inform the police that violence has been threatened

This needs stopping today
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Then you need to ring the school and make them aware ASAP ..

Though I would be going up the school if you’re able to and make sure the Head comes down to see you .. tell the school if they don’t act you’ll inform the police that violence has been threatened

This needs stopping today
I agree with this!
Old 26 Nov 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

poor girl, I am not surprised she was petrified for break time - assume she has had break time now, did anything happen?

I agree that as they are threatening to hit her the school 100% need to be made aware of the situation now.

Don't know if you would get anywhere going up - DS secondary school is like fort knox in normal times, let alone in covid times so it would be difficult to get anywhere!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stella11
Getting Excited

I’m sorry but if I thought for one second that she would be getting assaulted I’d be in there like a shot.
Stella11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry for taking so long to update. Shes been texting all day and is doing much better as the day goes on. The thing is, this girl is well known for saying shes going to hit people and never following through, if we thought for a minute it was a proper serious threat, dd wouldnt even have been in. My husband parked at the school at break which probably wasn't the best choice but she knew he was super close.

She went to her usual place with some pals and the girls were in the same area but didnt come near. I couldnt be prouder of her for standing her ground and I can hear the confidence coming back.

I spoke to the school and theyve got an eye on her which is all they can do when I cant go into specifics. I appreciate every single comment. I'm trying so hard to tread a fine line of keeping her protected but also keeping her confidence. You guys are my sounding board (esp you DUNX) and you help me stay strong in front of her.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It doesn’t matter she doesn’t follow through with her threats of violence

She shouldn’t be behaving as she is

I saw a girl in my daughters year absolutely destroyed by bullies , what happened to her changed her life forever and that of her parents

She was never hit either it was all verbal and threats

Far too many bullies get away with their behaviour
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
It doesn’t matter she doesn’t follow through with her threats of violence

She shouldn’t be behaving as she is

I saw a girl in my daughters year absolutely destroyed by bullies , what happened to her changed her life forever and that of her parents

She was never hit either it was all verbal and threats

Far too many bullies get away with their behaviour
You're right, I'm wondering if maybe after we get today over with, I can speak to her guidance teacher in more detail. Dd is super fragile just now so I really am struggling with it.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

This is so shocking to read. 😢

But I want to say what a amazingly brave young lady your daughter is. Regardless of the approach you take as a mum, you should be incredibly proud of your daughter and how she has handled this so far.