Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Oct 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

No Disney food for us! September 2016 food report-COMPLETEEEEE

Afternoon all

We've actually been back for a while but i've been really flat out with work & still need to upload some photos.

So this will be an introduction...
We stayed at Sofitel Gatwick on September 18th, flew with BA on the 19th and landed back here on 30th September. I'll give you a lowdown on what to expect and updates should start appearing soon

Pre travel day-Wetherspoons breakfast. Wetherspoons dinner(different pubs) Nicholas Culpeper drinks.
Travel day-Armadillo breakfast, Wetherspoons drinks, plane food, Millers dinner.
Day 1-Springfield lunch, Buffalo Wild Wings dinner.
Day 2-snacks, Teak's dinner.
Day 3-Perkins breakfast, Margaritaville drinks. Louie's pizza.
Day 4-snacks, Bubba Gumps dinner.
Day 5-Hard Rock cafe breakfast, Margaitaville food.
Day 6-Starbucks breakfast, drinks, Hotdog Hall of Fame dinner.
Day 7-Earl of Sandwich breakfast, drinks, Millers dinner.
Day 8-Florida mall lunch, Buffalo Wild wings dinner.
Day 9-Starbucks breakfast, Springfield dinner.
Day 10-snacks, Millers lunch, drinks, plane dinner.

First update should be Sunday

Edited at 07:55 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 16, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yay, following!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to this, thanks
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Following too! We flew out with BA on the 19th but returned 10th October.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update 1

Hi! As promised there will be a couple of posts today.

So here we go...

Pre travel day

Today we were up at 7am to get ready and finish packing, around 9:30 we decided to head out for breakfast.

The Post and Telegraph
We went to Wetherspoons about 5 minutes from our flat. I forgot to take any photos here
But I had a traditional breakfast with a Vanilla frappe and Arron had Eggs Benedict with a Caramel frappe. This all cost £9.73.

There is my demolished breakfast!

After this we grabbed some final shopping and I sorted a few things at work before we went to get the train at 2:45.

Drinks
Arron grabbed a Dr Pepper and Vitamin water from WHSmith in the station, I believe were 2 for £2 or something like that.

After this we got to Gatwick, did bag drop, picked up dollars and checked into Sofitel. We decided to head out for early dinner in South terminal, so popped down to get the shuttle.

The Beehive
We got here around 5:30pm and grabbed a couple of drinks, Arron got a Heineken and I got a Strawberry & Lime Kopparberg.

These drinks were £10, then Arron got 2 Coors lites for £4.50 each.

For dinner Arron ordered the Chicken Club.

This is chicken breast, bacon, Cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce and mayo and was £9.30. Arron really enjoyed this, it was really full of chicken.

I got the BBQ chicken burger.

This is chicken breast, bacon, Cheddar cheese, slow roastetomato BBQ sauce and coleslaw, and was £10.35.
The burger itself was really nice, the BBQ sauce was a sweet but tangy flavour and unfortunately the coleslaw was really bitter, I think there might've been too much cabbage in it.

Drinks
We headed to the Sofitel bar, they advised it was table service but we were sat there for about 15 minutes and no one came over.

So we left and went to Nicholas Culpepper instead!

This place is really nice, it was just bloody cold, but the only real place to drink in North terminal.
We got a Becks and another Kopparberg here for £10 roughly.

And that was it for Pre-travel day, we ended up back in the room around 9:15pm.

Steps walked:14155/6.47 miles

Edited at 02:49 PM.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Update 2

I'll try to do an update at least once a week after today

Travel day-19th September

I woke up at 3:35, but managed to get back to sleep until 7am. We re-packed and left the hotel around 8am. Security was really quick and we were through and seated for breakfast by 8:40!

Armadillo
Before we went away this was our most likely breakfast destination, everywhere was quite busy but we were seated immediately.

I ordered Armadillo juice and Arron got Orange juice.

Armadillo juice is a mix of orange, mango and passionfruit juice topped up with grenadine and lime. It was really refreshing and a lovely combination.

For breakfast Arron had the Full works open omelette.

This is a free range 3 egg open pan omelette with rainbow peppers, tomato, mushrooms, fresh parsley, jack cheese, pico de gallo salsa. Arron really liked it, it was a lot smaller than I expected it would be though.

I ordered the buttermilk pancakes with banana, cream and caramel sauce, this is what arrived...

Obviously not right! I was just gonna suck it up, but Arron let them know, and then these arrived...

I really enjoyed these, the caramel sauce was thick and there was only a small amount of it. The banana and cream with pancake was great.
The meal was £24.40 altogether.

Drinks and snacks
Arron got a Corona at the Red Lion pub.

Before boarding we grabbed water, Haribo and wine pastilles in WHSmith too.

Plane food
We were seated in 37D and E on our BA flight, sand they came around with drinks. Arron had JD and coke, I had Vodka and orange juice.

The food was delivered around 1:10pm, we both had the chicken.

I actually quite like plane food! We had a salad, the barley thing, bread roll and cheesecakes(I ate both).
The chicken was a good texture and the mash had spinach in it, nothing wrong with it in my books!

About an hour before landing we got afternoon tea.

A chicken Caesar sandwich and a Kitkat. The food on BA is nowhere near as good as Virgin, no mini ice lollies

We landed at 15:40ish. Security took an absolute age, so we didn't get out of the airport until 5:10. We got a Mears shuttle and by this point it was thundering, torrential rain and everything. We checked into Rosen International and headed back out in an Uber before 7:30.

Miller's Alehouse
We love Millers, and it is a really nice atmosphere for the first night of holiday! I got a Raspberry tea and Arron a Margarita.

Followed by a Long island ice tea for him and a Patron Pineapple for me.

My pineapple drink was tiny and really strong so Arron ended up finishing it.

For dinner we ordered Mount st Helens zingers then I had the Asian chicken and Arron the Philly cheesesteak.

Zingers are a little spicy for me, but the chicken is really fresh and good quality.

My chicken was nice, but there was a lot of it! I ate nearly everything. The broccoli was a little salty, but the coleslaw was so much nicerthan the one the day before.

The cheesesteak, Arron advised was really yummy, it was loaded so had onions and peppers on it too. There was a good amount of steak.

Arron got the orange crush, and that was it. This trip to Millers was $71 including tip. Value for money in Millers is always so good, everything is fresh sand if you like sports there is always something on TV. Staff are really attentive too!

First 2 days done!

Edited at 02:56 PM.
Old 23 Oct 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Agreed about customs, queue was horrific and my youngest was travel sick so we had to leave the queue 😭 Looking forward to reading more. we love Millers and ate there a good few times
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Danielle24 View Post
Agreed about customs, queue was horrific and my youngest was travel sick so we had to leave the queue 😭 Looking forward to reading more. we love Millers and ate there a good few times
Aww poor thing

Apparently my handprint wasn't visible enough, so i'll just moisturise next time!

Hopefully i'll get a new update up soon
Old 23 Oct 16, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

All looks good, thanks.We also love Miller's
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great start! Looking forward to reading more