Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jan 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Great start, like everyone else I’ve been looking forward to your report and I love reading travel days.

We’ve travelled with BA every long haul flight for the past 6 years (always seems to be much cheaper than Virgin and kind of forced into it by DH’s Avios status). Often I moan about this and that with BA but sometimes they do really impress. We were also thrilled to find ourselves on a lovely refurbished plane in August, and I always find the meal on the outward journey really tasty.

We’re flying into MCO for the first time in years next month (for speed and convenience) and are on the same flight you were... I think I’d forgotten how long it takes to get through immigration and get your luggage there as I winced a bit when you said you were still in the airport around 6. Good to get a reality check though

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort and I totally get that whole ‘can’t believe I’m really here’ thing. I’ve felt exactly the same both times we’ve stayed at the Yacht Club.

Looking forward to more.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
How beautiful is the BC?! That room looks lovely its like a blue clone of the GF!
As for the connected room thing I was under the impression all rooms were like that apart from corner rooms and suites!? At least for us at Poly and GF and throughout my childhood I think only when we were top floor GF (for 2 days this trip) and when I got to stay in the suites with my dad as a little girl.. all the rooms I have been in have been connecting ones!
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Great travel day, love your reports. We were there the same time as you, we had an amazing time. Looking forward to the rest of your report.
Old 9 Jan 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start - got to say, I am already impressed by your recall of your travel days, as I did exactly the same as you in November (forgot to take notes) and, having just started to get my trip report down 'on paper' (so to speak) realised it is sadly lacking in detail as I honestly can't remember what we did from one day to the next.

Looking forward to reading more.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Loved reading this and looking forward to the rest! The seat description on the plane made me giggle!
I'm the same leaving the house for holiday - just in case things turn themselves on! I blame beauty and the beast to be honest! Thanks for writing x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shrimp
Getting to know the DIBB

Love your report!
Weirdly we must have been on the same flight as you were as we too flew from Gatwick with BA on 31st October and we agree with all you say about the flight.
We had never flown with BA before, but as their price was so much better than Virgin we had to give them a go, and we are glad we did as we think the whole experience was better than we had had before- and yes, the food was fantastic!
You'll be pleased to hear that we also had the same problem with finding the way to the Magical Express - obviously so pleased to be back my brain turn off!
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've read your previous trip reports and am looking forwards to reading this one too! Fab news of the upgrade, what a treat.
Hello! Nice to have you back. Thank you - hope you enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Love your trip reports!
Thank you! Pleased to hear it!

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Great travel day, we’re coming home in World Traveller Plus this year hopefully in a refurbished plane based on the seating plan, so it’s good to hear a review of it.

Beach Club looks lovely too
Yes, BA was a great surprise - you don't see too many good reviews of the old planes on here so I was thrilled to have a new one.

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
What a great start to the holiday. Well done on the upgrade. Shame about the perfume
Thank you - the upgrade process was all very stressful at the time but was 100% worth it in the end!

My mum didn't think it was a shame about the perfume when I gave her the bottle, haha.

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Brilliant start, loving the lyrics here too! Looking forward to reading more x
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Great, I’m so pleased you’ve started this, good travel day, loving the 80’s lyrics too!
Thank you - it's taken me a bit longer to get around to this one unfortunately.

Originally Posted by 2019DisneyEvans View Post
Looking forward to reading this, thank you for taking the time to write it. Great travel day 😀
Thanks! It was a pretty smooth day compared to some we've had so we were really pleased.

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Looking forward to reading another of your reports
Sounds like a great BA experience, and your room looks lovely.
I had to google smell of wine and cheap perfume, couldn’t for the life of me remember what it wAs from! Oh and nice sweater btw
Thank you! Yes, it was a pretty good day! Haha, I do love a good lyrics quiz. And the jumper is from Gap - it is a year or so old though so I don't know if they still do it I am afraid.

Originally Posted by beth21 View Post
Great start love your reports so honest and funny
Thank you - I do try!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great travel day glad you enjoyed your BA flight we have used them 3or4 times now as Virgin prices seem so high!

Joan
Hi Joan! Lovely to have you along again. BA was a clear £800 cheaper than Virgin and I think we'd be hard pushed to fly with anyone else now as the experience was so good.

Originally Posted by mickee View Post
Yeah. Been looking forward to this.
Loving the lyrics too x
1. Band aid- do they know its Christmas?
2. Madness - House of fun
3.Soft Cell- tainted love
4.Prince(weird symbol) - Raspberry beret
5.Madonna - another suitcase in another hall
6.Duran Duran - save a prayer
7.Journey- don't stop believing
8.John Parr- St Elmos fire
9.Bon Jovi - Living on a prayer
10.Paul McCartney - let em in
11.Queen - a kind of magic
12 Aerosmith - Walk this way
? Am unsure of number 5 & 10 x
100%! Nice one! Pleased to see someone else has the same issue as me - a head full of song lyrics.

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great start to the report. I still can't believe you bagged the BC. Its my dream hotel.
We've been back about 10 weeks and I still can't quite believe it either TBH!

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Mwhaha I knew the nagging would pay off eventually!

Ok so you guys have to be the most organised people ever when it comes to leaving your house to go on holiday... changing the bedsheets, a spreadsheet of all windows and plug sockets, stopping your post... you put me to shame! I just about remember to make sure the front door is closed!

What a stress with the suitcase, damn BA and their pesky lasers! Although I am going to have to request a photo of this irregular shaped piece of luggage that you was travelling with as I'm currently picturing something along the lines of this...

I had to laugh at your reaction to the toddlers on board... this was totally me on every long haul flight I have ever done. Now I am going to be one of those families that you are all wanting to dodge! And I most certainly will be the mum necking all the wine...

All the feels reading about your entrance into Beach Club, I can only imagine what a dream come true it must have been! I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that one day I too can experience this amazing feeling!

Such a great start, there is something so exciting about reading travel days (despite them being a bore to write they always make for such a great read!). I am beyond excited for the rest!

Oh, and is it too early to start nagging for Day 1? #chopchop
I will have to dig out a photo of the awkward suitcase - there is one in the previous report. If it's not there then you'll just have to imagine, as climbing up into the loft to take a photo of it is taking trip report dedication just a little bit too far!

You will get to the BC one day, and you will also have ALL the wine on the plane, I promise xx

Originally Posted by jandlsmum View Post
What a fab start,
loving your writing style and looking forward to reading more
Thank you very much, so pleased you enjoyed it.
Old 14 Jan 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
So pleased you have started.
Sympathies with your travel day- hubby and I constantly check everything is off. Definitely easier since we have used a cat sitter.

Flight sounds great, as does first experience with beach club.

Love your song lyrics and writing style. Looking forward tp reading along😊😊
I'm glad I am not the only checker...this was the first time we haven't used a cat sitter so it was all a bit daunting but I think I'll be better next time... she says...

And thank you - glad you enjoyed the first instalment!

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Hurrah! I've been looking out for this one! Love reading travel day as it brings back all those excited holiday feelings! We stayed at the Beach Club in August so this will bring back lots of memories- can't wait to read more! PS- does the Whiskey and Maple candle really smell like the beach club? I've been thinking of ordering one for a while?! 😀X
Thank you! Hope you loved the Beach Club as much as we did. And yes, the wax really does smell the same, I don't know how they do it. I also really recommend the Banshee Flight one - it is uncanny.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Wahoooooo you’ve strarted! I’ve really been looking forward to this sounds like a fabulous travel day & well done Ba. Have read so many bad experiences so this was nice to hear. Although that wait in immigration and for the bags was wayyyyy longer than I was expecting you to say.

Staying at the Beach club is well and truly a dream. Love the room, it looks so fresh compared with SSR. And you can’t beat that location.

Hope there’s more to come soon

Ps amazing level of detail given the lack of notes!
Ahhh hello! Welcome back! And thank you! Think it was definitely a blessing not to end up at Saratoga Springs, stressful though it was.
I have seen your Instagram message by the way but am running about two weeks behind on everything - I promise I'll reply soon. Apologies!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Yay, you’ve started! Love your reports (no pressure!)

Sounds like an easy day once you’d done the house checks.

Looking forward to day 1.
Ha, I feel the pressure. Only because I haven't written beyond day 2 yet so I really need to step on it...

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
This is great, I love your trip reports, something to look forward to in dreary old January 👍 Fab start 🙂
Ah thank you very much!

Edited at 07:29 PM.