Old 28 Jan 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Aw, that was so lovely to read the conversation with your parents about the holiday... it seems they have really fond memories of it all.

Great to read about your own highs and lows as well, some wonderful memories for you all. Oh, and voice notes! What a revelation... no more scribbling in notebooks for me

Thank you for telling us all about your trip Abby, it was a great read
They really do have good memories of it and they struggled to think of anything that they didn't like about the trip.

I love making voice notes on my phone. Dave hates me talking to the phone though he finds it incredible irritating and would much prefer me to not be talking to myself and recording the day's events. The memos are really short, usually less than a minute as I prefer to do a handful throughout the day rather than one long message at the end of the day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I think it is very sweet that Dave said he loved the parade; he definitely loves Disney more than he lets on. It is nice that something you had never done before turned out to be such a hit. I’m quite intrigued that he is a lover of the ‘posh restaurants’, a man after my own heart.

All that money to swim with dolphins and they just wanted a drink. Take them to 7-11 for a Big Gulp next time.

How lovely that one of Max’s highs was having his grandparents along.

Hilarious that you included your parents’ thoughts as the transcript, such a random conversation. You must have felt like you were back at school. ‘Oh, Hollywood Studios, not at Disney’, do we have the same mother?! Are we actually sisters?! Also, my mum shares your dad’s disdain for waiting for characters, ‘you’re not getting your photo taken again are you!?’.

It’s nice that your mum felt like there was lots of choice in the food, sometimes I feel like onsite menus are a bit sparse compared to offsite. I think venturing offsite on our first trip with Mum was a mistake as it gave her sometimes to compare Disney prices and menus too.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, it's quite scary how quickly the next one is creeping up!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I think it is very sweet that Dave said he loved the parade; he definitely loves Disney more than he lets on. It is nice that something you had never done before turned out to be such a hit. I’m quite intrigued that he is a lover of the ‘posh restaurants’, a man after my own heart.

All that money to swim with dolphins and they just wanted a drink. Take them to 7-11 for a Big Gulp next time.

How lovely that one of Max’s highs was having his grandparents along.

Hilarious that you included your parents’ thoughts as the transcript, such a random conversation. You must have felt like you were back at school. ‘Oh, Hollywood Studios, not at Disney’, do we have the same mother?! Are we actually sisters?! Also, my mum shares your dad’s disdain for waiting for characters, ‘you’re not getting your photo taken again are you!?’.

It’s nice that your mum felt like there was lots of choice in the food, sometimes I feel like onsite menus are a bit sparse compared to offsite. I think venturing offsite on our first trip with Mum was a mistake as it gave her sometimes to compare Disney prices and menus too.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, it's quite scary how quickly the next one is creeping up!
I'd forgotten he had said his favourite part was the parade. You've said it before, but I think you are right he just likes to pretend he doesn't like Disney just to annoy me. He loves all the signature restaurants and I think DxDDP would be right up his street.

Good idea about satisfying the kids with a huge drink from a gas station or 7-11. They probably would enjoy the novelty of it.

I also liked that Max loved just having his grandparents there.

I wonder how many times I rolled my eyes and signed during the conversation with Mum and Dad? Loads probably as it still frustrates me that they didn't know stuff. I'm not sure either of them really got the point of the characters. But they suffered it without letting on too much.

We're coming up to 20 weeks now so not long until this year's holiday is upon us. Yours will creep up on you soon enough, it's your ADR day next month.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'd forgotten he had said his favourite part was the parade. You've said it before, but I think you are right he just likes to pretend he doesn't like Disney just to annoy me. He loves all the signature restaurants and I think DxDDP would be right up his street.

Good idea about satisfying the kids with a huge drink from a gas station or 7-11. They probably would enjoy the novelty of it.

I also liked that Max loved just having his grandparents there.

I wonder how many times I rolled my eyes and signed during the conversation with Mum and Dad? Loads probably as it still frustrates me that they didn't know stuff. I'm not sure either of them really got the point of the characters. But they suffered it without letting on too much.

We're coming up to 20 weeks now so not long until this year's holiday is upon us. Yours will creep up on you soon enough, it's your ADR day next month.
As lovely a time as you had last year I know you'll really have a wonderful time this trip as you won't have the pressure of hosting. I know I've said it before but you are going to adore the Skyliner - you are so lucky to be staying at CBR.

DxDP will surely be on the cards once the kids have flown the nest!? Although I'm not sure if Kate will ever let you holiday without her. I could eat in a Signature every night, amazingly, I don't think we are doing any this year.

I've never been less prepared for ADR day And I only have 8 to pick I also can't finalise my plans until I know Eat to the Beat dates
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great highs and lows, I was chuckling out loud at your transcript with your Mum and Dad. Where were the beignets in your Dads highs, I expected them to be pride of place? You were kind to them, I grilled my MIL on the plane home for her highs and lows.

So a Disney cruise for them next time?
Old 6 Mar 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
As lovely a time as you had last year I know you'll really have a wonderful time this trip as you won't have the pressure of hosting. I know I've said it before but you are going to adore the Skyliner - you are so lucky to be staying at CBR.

DxDP will surely be on the cards once the kids have flown the nest!? Although I'm not sure if Kate will ever let you holiday without her. I could eat in a Signature every night, amazingly, I don't think we are doing any this year.

I've never been less prepared for ADR day And I only have 8 to pick I also can't finalise my plans until I know Eat to the Beat dates
You've hit the nail on the head. Even though the only person putting pressure on me was myself, I just wanted everyone to have the best, most perfect holiday. This year I won't have the added pressure, and it will be nice. I'm so looking forward to going back to CBR the last time we were there was 2016, it feels like a long time ago now. It will be familiar but also very different.

I'm thinking the DxDDP is the only way I'll get Dave to go to WDW when I don't have the excuse that it's for the kids I hope he still wants to go when we don't have them tagging along. Surely, you will plan in one signature? I'm really looking forward to trying the new ones for our trip.

Fingers crossed the Eat to the Beat dates come out soon so you can finalise your plans.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great highs and lows, I was chuckling out loud at your transcript with your Mum and Dad. Where were the beignets in your Dads highs, I expected them to be pride of place? You were kind to them, I grilled my MIL on the plane home for her highs and lows.

So a Disney cruise for them next time?
You're right of course he should have picked the Beignets he had them for both breakfast and lunch, on different days of course! Your poor MIL having to face the Gestapo questioning on the flight back. Maybe mine would have had more memories if I'd asked them sooner though, so I'll try and remember that idea for next time.

Cruise prices are shocking. I've looked into them for 2021 and run away as I'd need a 2nd mortgage