Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Feb 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kittones
Dancing with Tink'

Crowd Levels - MNSSHP and Labor Day

Hello lovely people. I am planning which park/which day now that the site has released Sept dates and was wondering if people knew about how certain things affect crowd levels. For example:

MK - if MNSSHP is due that evening is the park normally quieter than usual as it will close early, or does it not affect levels?

Labor Day - Does this massively affect crowd levels to all parks, or certain ones? Would we be best just going to a water park on this day?

So many spreadsheets full on times! Thanks in advance.
Kittones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post

It is recommended to go to MK during the day when there is a MNSSHP later on, the crowds are lower as day visitors do not go because of the early close.

Never been on Labor Day, but I understand the parks are always busy on US public holidays, I personally avoid those times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

MK was brilliant on a MNSSHP day when we went in August 2018 - practically deserted in the morning, and it was our first day so we were tired and ready to go by mid afternoon when it started to get busier.

We're at Universal at the start of Labor Day weekend but fly home before the actual holiday so I'm interested to hear what effect it might have on that.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TeddyB
Earning My Ears

We have been there for Labor Day weekend, flying home on the Sunday night immediately before the Monday holiday. Crowd levels were high, and last time (2018) we were at HS on the Sunday and I swore we would never go the parks that weekend again. Busy to walk, and long queues (including for food).

We'll be there the same weekend this year, but will be at Universal by then. I am assuming it will be busy, but we will at least have the benefit of the Express Pass, as we're staying over.

Memorial Day weekend also caused MK crowds to peak when we have been there is late May. Get there early, and leave at lunchtime when the crowds get to their worst.
Old 12 Feb 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
We'll be there the same weekend this year, but will be at Universal by then. I am assuming it will be busy, but we will at least have the benefit of the Express Pass, as we're staying over.
We might bump into you at Universal Teddy as we're there same time. Did the crowds start ramping up on the Friday or not until the Saturday morning? We don't have express but will have an AAP as my son is autistic and we're staying at Endless Summer so at least we'll have early access.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

We will still be at Disney until the Tuesday after .. I'm planning our shooting day and some shopping .. we then check into HRH on the Tuesday

I would say if doing any internal flights around a public holiday be at the airport with plenty of time. We flew JFK to MCO one Christmas and our seats were gone as in the us all flights are oversold ... we had a right hassel x
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry OP hope you don’t mind me jumping in. We fly out on the Friday evening before the Labor Day on the Monday. Just wondering how busy the parks will be on that Friday and if we need to be at the airport any earlier at that time of year? (I’m guessing lots of people will probably be flying into MCO, not out on that Friday). Thanks in advance.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It is recommended to go to MK during the day when there is a MNSSHP later on, the crowds are lower as day visitors do not go because of the early close.
As Claudette says above, MK crowd levels tend to be higher on non-MNSSHP days and lower on MNSSHP days during the day. So, unless you want to see the fireworks, go to MK on an MNSSHP day.

Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
We're also due to be there around the same time and we'll have moved from Disney to International Drive just before Labor Day weekend. So we'll probably be visiting Universal or Seaworld around that time. We'll just have to put up with the crowds.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We were at MK on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend in 2018. The park was busy but I think it was countered by the fact the park opening hours that day ran until 12 midnight. We really enjoyed it, was a different kind of atmosphere, we had done most rides we wanted in the prior two weeks so had something to eat at Beast Castle and then just went for rides with short wait times. Only downside was being in the queue for 7DMT at 11;45 and it broke down, then ten minutes later the tannoy announced the ride was shut for the evening.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We will be there for Labour day and are planning to go to MK as it's a MNSSHP day. Touring plans has it as the quietest park that day so while I expect it to be busier that weekend than the rest of our time there i'm not too worried!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List