Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Feb 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andali
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile R of R Boarding Groups

If by a miracle we manage to get a boarding group, how much notice are you given to head to the ride? If you are stuck in another queue when your Group is called have you missed it or is there a long 'window,?
Andali is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
glitterkitty
Helping Donald

Mobile

We rode twice, first time boarding group 109 and thought we had no chance, got called at 6.15pm but only given an hour to return, likely as park was closing at 8 (we rode about 8.15) We were just getting onto avatar when we got the notification! Fastest cab ever from AK to HS!

Second time we were about group 41 and called 11am, we had two hours to return then.

My advice would be to have both mobile data and WiFi on when joining a boarding group as the WiFi was very patchy with everyone logging on at same time, first time we tried with only WiFi we got nothing. Everyone in your group can try at same time, and you don't need to be super early, we arrived about an hour before the park opened at 7am, they let us in at 7.30 - but as long as you are through the gates before official park opening time there's no advantage to getting there very early, unless it's to queue for millennium falcon or slinky!

This was last week. Good luck! Its so worth it!
Feb 2017 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Cabana Bay
Feb 2020 - here we go again!
glitterkitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andali
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thanks that's great advice. Do you mean have both wifi and mobile data switched on on one phone or on two separate phones?
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andali
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by glitterkitty View Post
We rode twice, first time boarding group 109 and thought we had no chance, got called at 6.15pm but only given an hour to return, likely as park was closing at 8 (we rode about 8.15) We were just getting onto avatar when we got the notification! Fastest cab ever from AK to HS!

Second time we were about group 41 and called 11am, we had two hours to return then.

My advice would be to have both mobile data and WiFi on when joining a boarding group as the WiFi was very patchy with everyone logging on at same time, first time we tried with only WiFi we got nothing. Everyone in your group can try at same time, and you don't need to be super early, we arrived about an hour before the park opened at 7am, they let us in at 7.30 - but as long as you are through the gates before official park opening time there's no advantage to getting there very early, unless it's to queue for millennium falcon or slinky!

This was last week. Good luck! Its so worth it!
Thanks that's great advice. Do you mean have wifi and mobile data on at the same time on one phone or on separate phones?
Old 1 Mar 20, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Andali View Post
Thanks that's great advice. Do you mean have wifi and mobile data on at the same time on one phone or on separate phones?
If you have wifi and mobile data switched on the same phone it will just keep trying to use wifi. When I have struggled with a wifi signal, I have to switch wifi off before I can use mobile data. (I am not commenting about ROTR experience, just generally).

Edited at 07:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Buddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

First time we had group 77 and got called at 2.30. Second time group 24 and got called about 11.00am. Both had a two hour window to return.
Goofy's Buddy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Andali
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If you have wifi and mobile data switched on the same phone it will just keep trying to use wifi. When I have struggled with a wifi signal, I have to switch wifi off before I can use mobile data. (I am not commenting about ROTR experience, just generally).
Ah cool. Thanks again
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goofy's Buddy View Post
First time we had group 77 and got called at 2.30. Second time group 24 and got called about 11.00am. Both had a two hour window to return.
If you are successful in a boarding group do u need to stay in the park to still be eligible or can u leave and come back when they say your 2 hour window is available pls?
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
If you are successful in a boarding group do u need to stay in the park to still be eligible or can u leave and come back when they say your 2 hour window is available pls?
You can leave and come back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You can leave and come back.
Thankyou xx