Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Dark hair, grey roots

I have naturally dark brown hair and as the years go by my grey is becoming more and more. But not enough to be completely grey if that makes sense.
So I have what looks like streaky grey roots.
In the past 12 months my roots have needed to be done every 4 weeks. But it’s coming through before that so I need to use the make up root touch up.
For those of you with dark hair, what do you do to combat the grey?

In the next few years I will probably try to go lighter or have grey highlights ? I have only ever been dark brown. I colour my own hair as I refuse to pay salon prices every 4 weeks lol
My hair is in good condition luckily
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm in the same situation. I home dye my roots every 3-4 weeks so im following your post with interest.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
I'm in the same situation. I home dye my roots every 3-4 weeks so im following your post with interest.
It’s a pain isn’t it. I just colour my hair then within a couple of weeks those pesky little grey strands appear 😡
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I feel your pain, I have tried everything to no avail. At the moment I have streaks to try and lightenen it so it's not so obvious but tbh it doesn't work. I now have roots along my parting showing grey within 3 weeks 😪.
I am not sure I can keep up with having it coloured at the hairdressers as it £50 every 4 weeks and I would rather put it to better use so I think I will go back to box dyes.🙄
I hoow somebody can come up with a better solution 🙏 x
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Exactly the same for me too. Absolutely hate having to do my roots but when the grey starts to come through I look 10 years older! I use the root touch up spray for a week or two just to extend the time between colouring, but I really don’t like how it feels on my head! I wish I could let the colour grow out but it honestly makes me look so old!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

After 12 months of contemplation, I finally took the plunge last week. I stopped colouring my hair last August, and have just had a pixie cut. I am now all silver grey, at the ripe old age of 47. I started going grey at 23 years old, and spent 24 years hiding it. I actually really like my natural colour, and no more mess and expense with dyes. Not a choice for everyone, but I don't regret it at all. It suits my natural complexion much more than the dyes too.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzy1 View Post
After 12 months of contemplation, I finally took the plunge last week. I stopped colouring my hair last August, and have just had a pixie cut. I am now all silver grey, at the ripe old age of 47. I started going grey at 23 years old, and spent 24 years hiding it. I actually really like my natural colour, and no more mess and expense with dyes. Not a choice for everyone, but I don't regret it at all. It suits my natural complexion much more than the dyes too.
Bravo
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’m exactly the same. Mi have my roots done every 5 weeks, but in between I use the spray root concealer. I find it work very well. I did have my hair lightened previously and it was much better at concealing the grey regrowth, but I wanted red hair, so I have to put up with the roots while I keep my hair this colour. I know it’s vain, but I just don’t want to go grey.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have dark hair nearly black and dye it dark red and the grey starts coming through after a month. I keep it going with dark root spray for another few weeks then get the roots done at the hairdressers. It’s a pain, I get it dyed more in the summer than the winter.
Old 29 Feb 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I’m in the same position, always used box dye but it would fade very quickly, I have really thick mid length hair and one box just wasn’t really enough I don’t think.

I went to the hairdressers and had a nice chestnut put on, but also had foils in with a caramel colour, not right to the roots tho, I thought it would look stripey but it really didn’t, when I do beachy waves it looks really lovely. Then I use the spray colour on my parting once the grey comes through, and they do a mascara type brush to use in smaller areas, like near my temples. The next time I went I had more foils put closer to my parting and didn’t like it so much, it was harder to cover the grey as the spray didn’t blend so well.

That’s all I’ve got really! After years of £6 box dyes, paying £60 for a colour and foils every 4 weeks came as a bit of a shock! So I’ll stick with the spray until I can bear it no more 😂

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List