Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Mar 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Herniated a disc in my lower lumber around 20 odd years ago... good and bad days... never stopped me doing any of the rides but I do deffo' notice it on water shutes at water parks... and that blinkin' primeval whirl... apart from that... good as gold

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

I've had a bulging disc, two pain relief injections seem to have helped and thankfully after being booked in for surgery which I declined it's improving. We were in Florida 3 weeks ago, we just did universal. As I've never known what caused my sudden back problem I avoided the Hulk, rip rocket and the water rides but went on most things although I noticed if you sat at the back on the mummy or gringotts it threw you around a lot more. Even managed a few water rides at volcano bay. 18 months ago I was practically housebound with the pain so I'm doing as much as I can now I'm mobile again.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone. I feel a little hopeful now. Drs have said it's a slipped disc but wont send me for scans or anything. I did it at the very end of December and it still hurts now (although not as much as it did), but they have said I need to go to physio. Whether itll help or not i dont know - I'm just worried i cant go on rides on a holiday that isnt even booked! Yet!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Thanks everyone. I feel a little hopeful now. Drs have said it's a slipped disc but wont send me for scans or anything. I did it at the very end of December and it still hurts now (although not as much as it did), but they have said I need to go to physio. Whether itll help or not i dont know - I'm just worried i cant go on rides on a holiday that isnt even booked! Yet!
I had to pay privately for an MRI and for the first injection, then I saw someone at the hospital and had the treatment I needed. The consultant told me that 80% recover with physio, 15% need an injection and 5% need surgery. I struggled with the physio till I had the second injection. I saw a personal trainer and went to hydrotherapy as well. Something worked as I was discharged in December and I'd been booked in for spinal surgery the previous month but wanted to wait for the second MRI results.

The pain started in July 2018 the day after we had a puppy and I was nearly back to normal by August 2019.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow 80% is quite high isnt it! I am a little concerned about the physio, its painful most of the time as it and thats just with light day to day stuff.
Once it's happened theres a weakness isnt there, and it happens so easily! I was only putting my shoe on! 😭
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

I've got chronic back/neck problems. I do most rides, except Space Mountain and R&RC. I've got a little personal hack for the other rides. Hold the front bar, pulling your back away from the seat. This means you can absorb any sudden jolts without them affecting your back. Works well on Splash, BTMR, Everest and others. This year I'm going to try it on Dino, which I haven't been on since 2001!
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I've had a slipped disc previously and also occassionally suffer with sciatica. The only ride which really aggravated mine was Big Thunder Mountain, most of the other rides were fine x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful now that when we do go back it might actually be ok! I'm starting physio on the 23rd so fingers crossed that helps aswell!