Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Mar 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Shifting DC

We are booked in to DC for Aug 29th. Aug holiday isn't going to happen, i work in the medical field and research so will be surprised if this has all fully passed by the end of the year tbh. Then once all cleared it's going to be a long time getting the world back on its feet. We have decided to cancel what we can for free and start shifting things or getting refunds if possible on other things.
I know there is a slight chance things will be open and running, but just to be clear before i get replies about holding on and hopefully going, i work in the medical field and in particular with research and cell imaging.
Our instruments are key in diseases, vaccines etc. Our test instruments are being flown everywhere around the world to hopefully get a vaccine for this terrible disease (yes there is no vaccine which is the scary part). This will not be fully cleared anytime soon and there is no way i will risk travelling somewhere where mutli nationalities will be. I'm not being xenophobic in anyway at all but some countries may still have it lingering about due to different climates, different healthcares and policies etc etc

So i mailed DC about getting a refund and had the following reply:

"Dear Simon,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove –

We have enhanced our rebooking policy so that you can shift any reservations you’ve made through April 30th, 2020 to a future date through December 31, 2021. You will be able to keep the same rate you originally paid and there will be no change fees or penalties.

In addition to this enhanced policy, Discovery Cove will upgrade your reservation to include a Discovery Photo Package ($229 Value) on your reservation valid through December 31, 2021.

Please email us back with your requested date change.

Sincerely,

Louise | Guest Relations
"

Great response as a trip next year will be on the cards. However i'm a bit confused on the through April 30th bit. Does that mean only bookings up to April 30th can be moved?
I have replied asking to clear it for me but awaiting a response.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I think its down to the fact they are allowing changes for free on bookings within 30 days anything outside that is currently still subject to the usual cancellation terms.

We have tixs for dc in may via a 3rd party and they said if we cancel before 30 days we will get a full refund as per the normal terms. If we wait till we are under 30 days Dc are saying we will lose the full amount unless our dates become covered by any restrictions in which case they will allow us to reschedule for free but we would have to wait till we are within the 30 days to be able to do that.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I think its down to the fact they are allowing changes for free on bookings within 30 days anything outside that is currently still subject to the usual cancellation terms.

We have tixs for dc in may via a 3rd party and they said if we cancel before 30 days we will get a full refund as per the normal terms. If we wait till we are under 30 days Dc are saying we will lose the full amount unless our dates become covered by any restrictions in which case they will allow us to reschedule for free but we would have to wait till we are within the 30 days to be able to do that.
I didn't think to just cancel it and get a full refund as hadn't really looked at the terms and conditions.
Cheers
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've emailed them yesterday to get a refund for our May booking.
How long did it take for them to respond?
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Seems it's just the airlines who are being obstructive now regarding re-booking.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
We are booked in to DC for Aug 29th. Aug holiday isn't going to happen, i work in the medical field and research so will be surprised if this has all fully passed by the end of the year tbh. Then once all cleared it's going to be a long time getting the world back on its feet. We have decided to cancel what we can for free and start shifting things or getting refunds if possible on other things.
I know there is a slight chance things will be open and running, but just to be clear before i get replies about holding on and hopefully going, i work in the medical field and in particular with research and cell imaging.
Our instruments are key in diseases, vaccines etc. Our test instruments are being flown everywhere around the world to hopefully get a vaccine for this terrible disease (yes there is no vaccine which is the scary part). This will not be fully cleared anytime soon and there is no way i will risk travelling somewhere where mutli nationalities will be. I'm not being xenophobic in anyway at all but some countries may still have it lingering about due to different climates, different healthcares and policies etc etc

So i mailed DC about getting a refund and had the following reply:

"Dear Simon,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Cove –

We have enhanced our rebooking policy so that you can shift any reservations you’ve made through April 30th, 2020 to a future date through December 31, 2021. You will be able to keep the same rate you originally paid and there will be no change fees or penalties.

In addition to this enhanced policy, Discovery Cove will upgrade your reservation to include a Discovery Photo Package ($229 Value) on your reservation valid through December 31, 2021.

Please email us back with your requested date change.

Sincerely,

Louise | Guest Relations
"

Great response as a trip next year will be on the cards. However i'm a bit confused on the through April 30th bit. Does that mean only bookings up to April 30th can be moved?
I have replied asking to clear it for me but awaiting a response.
I'm a little uncertain too. My DC day is booked for 8 Sept 2020 but I made the reservation in Dec 2019.
So does the 30 April cut off apply to experience dates or the date the reservation was made?
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
I've emailed them yesterday to get a refund for our May booking.
How long did it take for them to respond?
Very quick to be fair, i'm sure it was the same day. I haven't mailed back to cancel yet though as we are weighing up the option to move it to next year with the photo package thrown in. I'm a sucker for a freebie or good deal
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
I'm a little uncertain too. My DC day is booked for 8 Sept 2020 but I made the reservation in Dec 2019.
So does the 30 April cut off apply to experience dates or the date the reservation was made?
it covers the 30 days before the date you are due to go if those dates are still covered by coronavirus restrictions - if you are outside that time frame the normal terms/fees for cancellation/rebook apply

Anyone due to go in April will have the option to rebook or defer with the extras offered anyone travelling may on wards can either cancel and get a refund or wait and see if their dates become included.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
it covers the 30 days before the date you are due to go if those dates are still covered by coronavirus restrictions - if you are outside that time frame the normal terms/fees for cancellation/rebook apply

Anyone due to go in April will have the option to rebook or defer with the extras offered anyone travelling may on wards can either cancel and get a refund or wait and see if their dates become included.
Thanks for that. No photo package for us then lol
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Xenna16
Getting to know the DIBB

My visit was supposed to be in May, booked last year during the Black Friday offer. Since I do not feel comfortable talking English on the phone (not my native language), and still was before the 30 day mark, I wrote an e-mail to them asking if could cancel and be refunded.
In their answer, I was also offered to reschedule to a day of choice until December 31, 2021 without any surcharge plus the photo package for free. They told me I dont have to decide on a specific day right now and could rebook when I know my new date.
Xenna16 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List