Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Dec 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile Tempur mattresses?!

We are thinking of replacing our 8yr old mattress, we bought it when we were poor students so it was a fairly cheap one. So I guess we don't mind spending a little bit more on a nice mattress now to last us a long time!

However, we have made the mistake of trying out some tempur mattresses when getting carried away in Dreams and have fallen in love with a 2.5k mattress! 🙈 This is waaaaay out of our budget unless we got it on credit. We walked away and said 'no way' but the trouble is that all other matresses now feel 'meh' compared to that one!

So I'm hoping that if you have a Tempur mattress you can jump in and tell me if you think it was worth the cost or not?

Or, do you have a non-tempur that you reckon is just as good and you think I should look at?!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a tempur mattress and it’s honestly spoilt me - when we go away I really miss it!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a tempur mattress and I'm sorry to tell you that it is worth the money

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

We got ours last year in dreams in the sale... we felt exactly like you, way over our budget, should we do it, shouldn't we?

We did and it's the best thing ever, you spend so much time in bed can you afford not to?
You won't regret it, do it!
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Haha you guys are really helping but not helping (my bank account!) at the same time lol. I do appreciate the honest reviews!

Of course the mattress we really like is at the upper end of the range... naturally. It's not in the sale but I'm guessing we'll never see a really big discount anyway?
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve had a tempur mattress for a few years, absolutely love it,spoils you for any other type!
Best sleep ever.
You can sometimes get a discounted mattress online when Tempur bring out a new model.

Edited at 09:36 PM.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I love my Tempur mattress. We've had it for 9 years and there may be a bit of a slight dip where I lie, but it's not too noticable. I'm in no rush to change it.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Haha you guys are really helping but not helping (my bank account!) at the same time lol. I do appreciate the honest reviews!

Of course the mattress we really like is at the upper end of the range... naturally. It's not in the sale but I'm guessing we'll never see a really big discount anyway?
Go through Top Cash Back to get some money back

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Go through Top Cash Back to get some money back
That's a good idea, can you still do it on interest free credit if you buy online? No way can we afford it outright lol!
Old 1 Jan 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post

You can get hybrids. We have one a Nytex Hybrid off Amazon. Medium firm pocket springs with a thick wodge of memory foam on the top. It is extremely comfortable.

I do find it very hot, but not as hot as a full Tempur. My DH doesn't notice the heat.

Edited at 08:28 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List