Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jul 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Thanks, I didn’t think of the post office do you mean using the travel money cards? Will it work ok?
Ta, all new to me 😀
vegboatride is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Just to say, we pay our annual dues monthly by direct debit through USA bank. They used to have a branch open at disney springs (now atm only) and i opened an account there with proof of ID and address etc.

Suited us as we don't drive.
However they are p/o a merger and nearest branch is a good taxi/uber away BUT still doable.

PM me if you want more info

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggeroo
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hiya👋
Congratulations on getting your offer accepted 👍
I’m in the same situation had a contract accepted at Saratoga as well , fingers crossed we both pass🤪paid deposit on credit card just waiting on ROFR(day 37) and checking out final payment options . I’ve just compared XE v Halifax current account and it’s a staggering difference of £429 (In XE favour )
Halifax Rate 1.20 +£9.50 fee
XE rate 1.23
I know rates will be lower at the weekend but don’t know too much about XE my dilemma is now it’s a big saving but is it a big risk any opinions/ suggestions welcomed Guys 👍

Edited at 09:31 AM.
Tiggeroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Hi 👋
Good luck! Hopefully you’ll hear something positive soon 🤞
We paid the deposit on credit card, it was the easiest way and I’m leaning towards XE for the final payment because of the savings you mention but we don’t do online banking and I suspect we might need to in order to transfer the funds into XE.
vegboatride is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggeroo
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

My advise would be to set up online banking now , nothing to lose ,then you will be prepared if you decide that route , less hassle when the time comes
Tiggeroo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lesley had to use the one at Celebration, convinced myself that I knew my PIN! only to get it locked out when I really remembered what it was! Uber wasn't that expensive, think $13 from SSR
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Thanks, I didn’t think of the post office do you mean using the travel money cards? Will it work ok?
Ta, all new to me 😀
Post Office or Halifax credit card- get proper exchange rate.
Old 4 Jul 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tiggeroo View Post
Hiya👋
I know rates will be lower at the weekend but don’t know too much about XE my dilemma is now it’s a big saving but is it a big risk any opinions/ suggestions welcomed Guys 👍
We used XE/HiFX when we did ours and had no problems. I've never head of any issues with them and quite a few people on here have used them. As far as I know they're extremely reputable so I don't think there's any more risk using them than anyone else.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

HiFX are a big company- did Post Office travel money last time I looked. I researched the companies a lot when I bought my first contract and determined this one was safest. Done three through them now.
Old 6 Jul 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Lesley had to use the one at Celebration, convinced myself that I knew my PIN! only to get it locked out when I really remembered what it was! Uber wasn't that expensive, think $13 from SSR
SD
i'd forgotten abou that one.
Thanks

DO you know if the branch at MCO is still open?
I know their ATM's are still around the airport but they used to have a branch open there inside the terminal and thats handy if you're flying in and want to deposit cash dollars As a transfer costs me €15 outboound from my bank and around $15 or20 inbound to my ST bank!
I tend to transfer in large chunks as a result!

I know what you mean re PIN. I haven't used my debit card for years and don't even know if its in date or what the PIN is.

Again, thanks for reminding me to sort out before I go next year.

Cannot believe we're not going in July. We'd be leaving next Wednesday and flying out next Thursday. boo hoo

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List