Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Jul 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
This is along the lines I was thinking although not sure I would do it to save 6 points. I was rather thinking a £50 room vs the dues on 20-30points.
I’ve got 3 trips booked currently and so didn’t have enough points for the Saturday Night at BCV. Normally I wouldn’t bother, I would go straight to BCV or pay £50 for an All Stars room. I had enough to left over for AKV value studio so booked it instead of a cheap room somewhere.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I was still planning on rope drop. I realise check in isn't until 4 but I thought we would be able to leave the luggage at Bell Services from 7ish like at Universal and hit the parks . Is that not the case?
You can check in as early as you like but you aren’t promised a room until 4. We have had mixed success in getting an earlier room. About 50/50

I have stayed at Pop before for one night and it was fine. We drove straight to our hotel. Dropped bags and went to the park. You can get Bell Services to move the bags but we tend to just do it first thing.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We almost always stay elsewhere but we only have 160 points so try to eke them out
Old 18 Jul 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We always stay in All Stars or Pop the first night.

We like the late flight out so don't tend to arrive until circa 7.00pm and have the next day down to a fine art.

Up at circa 5.00am and drink loads of coffee, then have the only Denny's breakfast of the holiday.
Check in to SSR at 10.00am and head to the AK for our first FP at 11.00am.
Leave at 1.00pm and head to Publix to shop.
By the time that is done the SSR room is ready.

With 3 visits a year it saves us a lot of Points with Saturdays being Point heavy.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

It was purely the late arrival time that got me thinking. By the time we've got to the hotel we won't be using the pool or anything so seemed a waste of a good resort if you know what I mean
yeah, I see what you mean

I was still planning on rope drop. I realise check in isn't until 4 but I thought we would be able to leave the luggage at Bell Services from 7ish like at Universal and hit the parks . Is that not the case?
You can check in at the desk early or do it online anytime and leave your bags with bell services and still do rope drop no problem.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Our flights are always in late afternoon/early evening and we usually go direct to our resort. Have to be honest we have never considered booking in somewhere to save points. Now wondering if checking in the following morning gives a better choice of room!
Old 18 Jul 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

I've stayed at airport hotels in the past, have a large free early breakfast. Get Magical Express bus to Resort, dump bags and into Park for 12 noon. Worked well for us. 🤷
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Our flights are always in late afternoon/early evening and we usually go direct to our resort. Have to be honest we have never considered booking in somewhere to save points. Now wondering if checking in the following morning gives a better choice of room!
We have definitely found that to be the case
Old 18 Jul 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
We’ve definitely found this numerous times, especially when we say we can wait for our preferred room/location.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We have in the past spent our first night off sight or OKW/SSR, we know we'll be waking up around 5am so there's plenty of time to wake up, check in and still be in the parks nice and early.

We did it in March also, spent our first night at SSR, like Caron says, buying the DDP for the one night which then gives you your refillable mug for the length of stay. Saved us enough points to squeeze another night in at The Poly also and you're only there to sleep so win win.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List