Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Jul 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No Response from David’s points owners

David’s have asked the owners of the points we rented for September whether they will agree to them trying to re rent as we can’t go, flights cancelled for Sept. Up until now they haven’t responded which is disappointing.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh dear That must be very frustrating for you... We were lucky, rented just one night in October from a Dibber and he's been amazing, he changed our reservation to January bless him (and bless the DIBB for having such great members)
Hopefully you'll hear back soon and they can sort it out for you.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I rented out points through David's for 4 separate reservations and I've just rebooked them all for other guests as the original renters, American, didn't want to travel.
Hopefully yours will get in touch.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
If your flights are cancelled I would think you should be able to claim back what you paid through your travel insurance company.
You'd probably have to ask David's for a cancellation invoice but I'd definitely get in touch with insurers to see what the position is and what they need from you.
Hope you get sorted.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’re waiting to see if they can re rent them. Otherwise it’s the insurance route but we will most likely have a claim for another trip on the insurance so not contacting them yet.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We’re waiting to see if they can re rent them. Otherwise it’s the insurance route but we will most likely have a claim for another trip on the insurance so not contacting them yet.
I think re-renting might be a problem. I have my points up for rent with a broker as I'm trying to re-rent them for someone who had to cancel this year. From what I can gather, brokers are inundated with points, particularly from European owners who can't travel. That, combined with the fact that there is only a very limited amount of people booking vacations, means that the chances of owners being able to rent this years points before they expire are very slim.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I think re-renting might be a problem. I have my points up for rent with a broker as I'm trying to re-rent them for someone who had to cancel this year. From what I can gather, brokers are inundated with points, particularly from European owners who can't travel. That, combined with the fact that there is only a very limited amount of people booking vacations, means that the chances of owners being able to rent this years points before they expire are very slim.
I'm the same, got some points to rent with David's and not heard a thing. Mine don't expire until October 2021 so I'm hoping not to lose them.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I had a couple of reservations that David’s asked if I could modify. The first took a couple of weeks to find someone to take over the rental but the second only took a couple of days. I was happy to do it and they’re paying us extra too!

I hope your owners reply soon, Lola. How long has it been? Can David’s do anything at all if they don’t want to re-rent it? Can you ask if they can contact them again?
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

My 4 reservations, all for August, took less than 48 hours to find takers.
David's also paid an additional $2 a point.
I did notice all the new renters are from Florida.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I listed our four Florida reservations with David's in early May. They were each for 7 nights. The two studio reservations (BCV & BLT) went quickly, but the two one beds hung around for six weeks until we decided to just cancel the reservations. I decided to cancel as those reservations were using a mixture of current year and borrowed points, which we may want to use ourselves in early 2022.

I have just listed a VGC studio reservation for October and I did notice a huge increase in the number of listed reservations for WDW compared with when I first listed mine in May. Not many for California though so I am hopeful it will go once Disneyland opens

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List