Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 Apr 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

At Wild Florida where we did an airboat ride, there were lots of signs saying that if you see a snake to leave it and get a member of staff! There was a sign like this outside the children's play area- would have put me off letting little children play in there if I had any! There was an English family on the boat with us, when we saw them later on in the day they said a snake had dropped out of a tree in front of them! We didn't see any, I'm not scared of snakes though. I'm not keen on bugs, neither is my daughter and there were some massive cricket type things. I did feel a bit uncomfortable there because if this, it's much more wild than the parks!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Just following this one. We got free tickets for this. I also have an awful phobia of snakes. Unfortunatly in 2013 we got one to the back door of the villa. Walked out to the pool and there he was curled up in a ball in the corner. My dd then aged 5 saw him I walked by him. Hubbie wanted to move him but i wouldnt allow him back out! Mgt co guy took him.away and let him go in the trees to the side of the house! Really unnerved me for the rest of the hol. That was last time i booked a villa with an open area to the back of it. Now I am the only person who looks for a villa that is overlooked!
No for this exact reason I book a villa with other villas back and sides ! Touch wood been to Florida over 10 times never seen one but I fear the odds are against me
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Tomsk
Excited about Disney

I doubt you would see one in the airboat ride,

One made me stop in my tracks about 9pm on resort at CBR on the way back from getting some beers last time we were there, was a black snack just went shooting across the path infront of me! Also seen one in Typhoon Lagoon which was fished out by a life guard... Saying that this is my 16th trip and I've seen 2... highly unlikely you'll see any

Tom
Disneyland Paris &Carribean Beach 2015
Tomsk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Never seen a snake yet on an airboat ride and you are moving way too fast for anything to get near you.

The ones that bask on the pathways at Disney and so on will scuttle out of the way if you walk anywhere near. They pick up the vibrations and shoot off into the undergrowth.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by PedroP View Post
When you say 'open' do you mean without a cage? We're going to a villa with a cage but backing onto water (my husband likes wildlife!). I appreciate this increases the risk and that they can get in but am hoping less so than if an open area?!
Hi Pedro its was just a big grass area right behind the villa no fencing. It was bad luck. Lady who owned the house said she had never had one before.
Old 19 Apr 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

We have seen several beauties swimming in the waters, streams in the State Parks but never one in the tourist area. saw a huge long one crossing the road in Merrit Island Wildlife Trust
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

been on loads of airboat rides and never seen a snake but saw one at Busch gardens--- I am VERY scared of snakes but its fine
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List