Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Holme1
Trying for More Ears

For a special meal in Orlando I think that Victoria and Albert in Grand Floridian is the best.

The cons are that it is VERY expensive and the men have to wear a jacket and tie.

The pros are that the food is the best we've eaten in Florida, the style and service leave you in no doubt that you are celebrating a special occasion and it is a great experience for young people who may not often get the chance to eat in such a formal restaurant.

We celebrated one of our wedding anniversaries there with one of our sons in tow. He was 20 and is a very plain eater. He ate things he would never dream of eating normally and enjoyed every bit of it. Big smile on his face the whole way through. He especially loved the little stool to put my handbag on and the personalised menus, which are a great keepsake from a special occasion. I found his menu in his drawer the other day so he is clearly hanging on to it.

You have to book the minute it becomes available if you want to have a specific date and if not then keep looking, as people book and then cancel all the time. You can often find times become available around the deadline for 'cancel or pay up'.

They contact you ahead of the date to confirm and that's your time to tell them you're having a special celebration.

Edited at 12:10 PM.
Holme1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Its my DW's special birthday in October and she loves Bahama Breeze. Its a little more money but great food and theming.
Old 20 Apr 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
This year DS is 21, DD is 18 and DW is 50. I was hoping to have a real special meal somewhere, probably not Disney as we aren't doing it this time, but anywhere else is fine. I would appreciate any suggestions for a top hotel/restaurant - something different than the normal ones we would go to on a regular trip.

Many thanks in advance
No suggestions apart from Disney. I have chosen brunch at CG for my birthday this year. Sounds yummy and there are some fab reviews on it.
All those special birthdays though, I hope you are taking a credit card with a very large limit lol
Old 22 Apr 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just wanted to add I've done the dolphin swim and I can't swim ! It was amazing we had a great day , there are buoyancy jackets that you can wear throughout the swim .
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Sunday Brunch at the Gaylords
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mobile

Seasons 52 gets good reviews on its food and quality we've done DC and the cabana does add to the experience also done the both night cruises at Epcot and MK we had birthday package booked it was great not sure what kind of cruises they offer now as this was about 10 yrs ago it was decorated with balloons and came with a cake have also done hot air balloon champagne breakfast
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

I think there are a number of restaurants that are perfect for a celebration dinner -

Victoria & Alberts - the food service and ambience are amazing - yes gents need a jacket but its the most special of restaurants

California Grill on a Wishes night - this is a very special occasion

Flying Fish - after the refurb it looks even better

Jiko - the dusk falls as the lightign changes and after dinner take a cocktail and look over the savannahs

Wolfgang Pucks Dining room - fabulous views of the lake and you get to see the Illumination fireworks

Hollywood Brown Derby coupled with Fantasmic priority seating

Yes these are all Disney but its a special occasion and Disney is a special place

Emerils at City Walk - amazing food and then all the fun of the surroundings after

Seasons 52 is also top notch as is the fish restaurant Eddie V's which is a part of the same restaurant group.

Ive been to all these and they are all fab!

Personally, and I knwo there have been hundreds of posts about this as a scuba diver I coudl not recommend Discovery Cove as I dotn agree with holding wild animals captive in that way.
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

I would go to Ruth's Chris at Winter Park - expensive but worth it - best steak we've had and massive portions. We made the mistake of ordering starters and sides - the sides were barely touched.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List