Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 May 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Fear my 2 1/2 year old would miss siblings

Were thinking of doing a cruise. I've heard on here that kids love the kids clubs so much. But i fear my 2 1/2 year old would miss his older siblings 4, 6, 8 in the clubs. I know there is like a nursery for him.
Dont get me wrong, its not like we go on the cruise & throwing the kids into the clubs etc. We want to as much as possible as a family also, excursions, meet&greets etc But its just a little worry i have on my mind. Especially if the kids love the clubs so much & constantly want to be going back in there.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Once he is 3 he can go in the clubs and they can move between activities in each club so they can be together or apart in clubs as they choose.
Maybe wait until then? If yes 2.5 it's not long.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

It dont think we will be going back for awhile and we've already cancelled 2, so i'm making it my business that we definately get this holiday. Id love to do the cruise, its been a dream for me and i think the kids would love it too. I think we might just bring him when its open house so he doesnt get left out. We are going to need 2 staterooms though. Does anyone know if there is a massive difference in space with 204 sq metre or 249 sq metre. I'm currently looking at the Deluxe OceanView and Deluxe Family Oceanview, trying to keep costs down. Deluxe Inside staterooms are almost the same as the Deluxe Oceanview.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Taking him to Open House, booking some time for him in the nursery and letting him play in the splashzone will completely take his mind off of his siblings.
Just wandering around the ship with him will give him so much to look at, he won't miss them I'm sure.

As Bev says, youth activities are for 3yrs old and up AND they have to be potty trained which I know some boys struggle with sometimes. The staff cannot assist with toileting at all, even to the point of not pulling trousers and undies up for the children.

The nursery though ... OMG ... awesome place! Our wizard (g/son) went in at 8 months after his dad said he wouldn't put him in blah blah (first time dad etc). Once in, he had so much fun, the staff loved him (and every other child in there) and he was as happy as a bean.

For rooms, I would book the cheapest rooms and not worry about the little bit of extra space you may have in the family rooms .. it's really not that much! If you really want space, go for connecting 8A's on deck 5. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge rooms!

You are going to have a blast!
Old 8 May 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I work with little ones and I feel your ds would be so engrossed in his own play space that he wouldn't miss his siblings. I also think kids need time away from each other, maybe the older ones can make some new friends (don't everyone flame me, I just think bigger kids need to get away from the littler ones sometimes).

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List