Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 7 Mar 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden4
I want to go now!

Trip plan, advice appreciated

I am loving the planning but not sure if i am getting it right, don't want to over plan. We recently visited Barcelona and the kids we exhausted, after lots of walking, by 6.30pm.

Family of 4, DD15 and DS13, 1st trip to WDW and Florida. Instead of having a once in a lifetime holiday we have decided to split it over two years. So this year we plan on doing WDW, KSC and Airboat tour. Next year, funds permitting, we will do DC ultimate, Universal and Clearwater.

Please take a look at my trip plan, advice appreciated.

Thanks

Eden4
Eden4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Looks good, maybe pencil in some Fast Pass + for the new Avatarland at Animal Kingdom. Have a great time
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden4
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by dorsetmutley View Post
Looks good, maybe pencil in some Fast Pass + for the new Avatarland at Animal Kingdom. Have a great time
So glad you posted, i was thinking no-one was going to.

Thank you for the Avatarland tip. I read something about Pandora but dont know anything about Avatarland or Pandora. I'll have a look on the dibb for information.

Your trip plan from last year has given me some ideas to expand mine.

Love Dorset it's a beautiful part of the country, we stayed in Blandford for a few year.
Eden4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Hi

looks great-plenty of pool time to recharge your batteries

just a thought-on your first Animal Kingdom day, I would just go straight to the Safari at opening and not waste a Fastpass on it
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eden4 View Post
So glad you posted, i was thinking no-one was going to.

Thank you for the Avatarland tip. I read something about Pandora but dont know anything about Avatarland or Pandora. I'll have a look on the dibb for information.

Your trip plan from last year has given me some ideas to expand mine.

Love Dorset it's a beautiful part of the country, we stayed in Blandford for a few year.
OH has just informed me that it is called World of Avatar (although he says he never reads my posts). Really do not know much about it yet. Don't set your planner in stone, we fell at the first hurdle as our flight was delayed so never made to Epcot on the first night, second night never made to our ADR at Coral Reef due to torrential rain so ate at at the Captains Grill. Happy planning and enjoy
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Definitely good idea to split the parks over 2 trips. Especially if you visit during the summer, as the heat/humidity can really restrict just how much you can get done.

Your plan looks pretty good to me, but might need a few tweaks

8 aug- For Yak and Yeti and Wolfgang Puck (express) make sure you're going to the QS versions rather than the table service restaurants with similar names (unless that's what you're intending to do).
I would have some resort pool time in the afternoon, rather than TL, as you'll be flagging by then.

9 aug Book your Spaceship Earth FP for a time when you're leaving the park to avoid criss crossing the park. I would also eat at Sunshine Seasons (for lunch) then at Liberty Inn (for dinner) for the same reason. Plus I think Sunshine Seasons shuts early in the evenings.

10 aug Unless MK changes it's opening hour to 8am, I would look to change BOG to 10+am to allow more time for rides beforehand. You can get loads more done during that first hour. I don't think there is a dedicated preferred viewing area anymore for the fireworks.

12 aug book FPs' for BTM and Splash one after the other, as they are located next to each other, to avoid more walking.

14 aug WPE opens at 9am, which makes it a rush to get to BB for opening at 10AM to secure sun beds.

15aug Make your talking Mickey FP for the way out (or in) MK.

16 aug I would swap your tier one FP to Soarin, (as you're doing more future world) with the 18 aug doing FEA (when you're doing more World showcase).

Have a great trip.

If you fancy something different, my teens enjoyed parasailing at the Contempory resort, Look out for Orlando groupon deals for Sammy Duvalls Watersports for a bargain.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Eden4
I want to go now!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Lots of fab suggestions. Not long know until fastpass selection day.