Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great day so many places & bits I've never even seen or been to at Epcot so I'm noting for next trip you guys are great parents so keep doing what you're doing. Looking forward to more.
Old 18 May 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybabes
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We have never been to Disney without babies or kids so it must be a massive culture shock after visiting prior. Aw it does get easier, not because kids get easier but because you are just so used to it I think. You are brave going for lots of sit down meals, that anywhere is stressful!
Disneybabes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

I think from squinting at the picture, that it's a ball socket joint (BSJ) doll. My friend has a small collection. They are really beautifully made and pretty expensive. But it's kind of a "thing" online to do photoshoots with them and dress them up. Whatever floats your boat!

Looks like you had a great day, despite 'Ohana being disappointing. We've only ever been for breakfast and it looks like we'll stick to that in future. Grah, we've all had at least one day where the Disney transportation just works against you at every attempt. Must be even harder with a teeny one though - the Hardings are champs!

Thanks for sharing
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Can I just say you have a gorgeous little lady! Over the last couple of weeks, I have read every one of your trip reports (started at the beginning so 2013 !) and have loved every single wrong. only problem with this one is as I am reading it "live" I have to wait! Can't wait for next instalment x
Thank you for reading them all, and I'm glad you liked them.

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Not a bad day really, just a little tense towards the end. You guys do seem to be coping quite well
Yeah, was a bit of a bad end to the night, but hey... wasn't the end of the world.

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
The weather looks beautiful considering the time of year you visited.

We saw a similar man with a doll at Edinburgh Castle. He was talking to it and taking photos of it in different poses - very strange.

I have been where you were, with the wait staff bumping into you every 5 minutes - it wasn't 'Ohana but it happened to us at a highly rated restaurant in Boston. It's not pleasant and really spoiled the whole experience.

It sounds like you had one of those days today - they happen to us all. Hope it was a one off and things improved for you all.
We were very lucky with the weather. Was lovely most of the time. The doll thing was so strange, but from the replies I've seen, it's not an isolated incident.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
You managed to do so much today and Marceline is as adorable as ever. Parenting is awesome and exhausting and some days/nights are easier than others! Our son is now 9 and I have totally earned every wrinkle 😂 You guys are doing a brilliant job 😊
You're spot on about it being exhausting. Even though we were doing loads at the start of the holiday we slowed down a bit towards the end.

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Marceline's face in that USA picture with the hats is brilliant!

Really enjoying this report, hats off to you and Jo for taking Marceline at that age! I'm sure you made loads of lovely family memories but no wonder you're exhausted x
Ha... yeah, I think she'll look back on that picture and wonder why the hell I did that to her!
Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
I really enjoy reading along. Thanks for putting so much time and effort into it. We have Ohana booked, hoping there is a better dessert on the menu for me though as banana is a huge NO!

I do order hot coffee in starbucks. I'm a big coffee drinker and without it I'm a snarky mare. A daily fix and I'm happy

I love the pics of Marceline on the boat watching the water.
That dessert doesn't really taste of banana at all. If somebody said it was just bread and butter pudding I'd believe them.
Yeah... she does look super cute in those pictures.

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Ok my fave photos today are Marceline wearing the USA hat and her looking out to the water on the boat! Just gorgeous

I'm with Jo on the new soarin'! There's def scents! Did you have a blocked nose? Ha!

Such a shame 'ohana didn't live up to your expectations! I guess the seat banging had a lot to do with it. That would rile me too!

Thanks for sharing!
There's times when I feel like I'm putting too many pictures of her into the report... but the report is basically about us and how doing Disney with her is different (but still amazing) so then I don't feel bad.
No blocked nose... but they weren't as prominent as the previous iteration.
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Honestly, A and I have had so many heated discussions about the scents in Soarin'. I thought he was making up the thing about the oranges as I never smelled it. I think I may have caught a slight waft once but I've got a feeling I may have made it up just to shut him up. I shall give my nose a good blow and report back on the new one later in the year.

Funny about the non-photographer. I've just scrolled through the photos from last year as I could have sworn I took a pic of him but I didn't. Bet you weren't the only one to creep up on him that day.

Also 🙌🏼 for getting Marceline in on the #usanumberone action.

Ooh I tried the PFIT on one of our last nights, from Starbucks in Disney Springs and I really liked it too. Looking forward to having another (ten).

Shame about Ohana. It's so hard when things get so hyped as nine times out of ten it won't live up to your expectations. You're absolutely right about the chairs being too low for the tables, I recall having the same thought! We would go back though, I thought the prawns were one of the best things I ate all trip but I really didn't like the steak. We couldn't manage the dessert, few spoonfuls of the sauce and that was it.

I like Jo's Mai Tai tshirt! I also like Mai Tais... yum.

Sometimes the gods of transportation are just not on your side. Can't believe no-one gave up their seat for you and Marceline though... puffins...
How did you never smell the orange scent in the old Soarin? That's crazy.
I did take a picture of the fake photographer, but chose not to include it.
It's my new favourite Starbucks drink. I'll be getting loads of them in Nov.
We're willing to give Ohara another go, but we want to do lots of new restaurants in Nov, so we will probably do a breakfast, not a dinner.
I ordered that shirt online. It was designed by Jeff Granito ( who does artwork for Disney).
Puffins indeed... massive puffins!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It looks like you're figment spotting in world showcase was fun. Shame about dinner, we had a less than brilliant time at Ohanas too. I don't think I've seen a trippie with Negan or Lucille in before, that really made me chuckle Hope you all had a good night's sleep ready for your next adventure
Yeah, it was a good way to spend an afternoon wandering around WS.
HA... glad you liked my walking dead reference

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Those paintings you had your picture in at festival of the arts were so clever.
I was looking forward to the new Soarin'... not so much anymore!
We have the exact same issue with high chairs. My heart sinks whenever restaurants have those big wooden style ones. Charlotte's so nosey she swivels around in them at the speed of light looking in every direction and ends up wobbling all over the place if not stuffed in place with a blanket.
Marble changing table? Jeez whose bright idea was that!
Gutted about 'Ohana not being great. Think it's a victim of its own hype!
Oh, those sunset pics from the boat are beautiful. Marceline's little button nose
Well you had 2 opinions on soarin... 1 for, 1 against.
Every highchair was massive... I guess they have to be really.
Yep... solid marble! Obviously someone who's never had to change a wriggly kid before.

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
You do make me laugh! 😂 you are still doing amazingly well to do any of this with a baby in tow, and goodness she is soooo gorgeous! We loved Ohana (i have to admit the salad really did it for me as i was so vegetable deprived all holiday) but we did have a table of really annoying teen girls next to us, who were shrieking all evening and that made me grumpy, so I can relate!
We didnt get to go on Soarin, but sounds like we didnt miss much. Looking forward to reading more.
Haha... I know what you mean about needing vegetables. Me and jo normally hit a point in the holiday where we feel like we need 'green' food!
Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by stitch99 View Post
Thanks for that. Got to agree with you on the 'Ohana business over rated. !
I think it's good value for 1 credit, but you're right, it's a little overrated.

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
Awww what a gorgeous family and I absolutely loved this report 😊. I could totally understand all those experiences you were writing about lol the highs, the lows the stress of a small person being woken at the wrong times etc. It made me remember back to my first trip to the US in 2003 to visit my dad when my daughter was only 1. She will be 16 when we go back in the Summer and it will be our first time at Disney too 😊. We have a dinner reservation at Ohana's so I'm sure your story will pop into my head at some point lol.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us 😊😊😊.
I think for us it was the apprehension of not really knowing if what we were doing was really bad for her, or if she'd be fine. It was all trail and error and now we know how to handle things in November.
Thanks for reading. Glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by scottishvixen View Post
Tense day but you coped really well. I feel the same about ohana. Been a couple of times for dinner and once for breakfast and still just don't feel the love.

Oh man trying to get from monorail at MK to bus stops of vice verse is awful and we too now try to avoid the monorail. It's amazing but just far too crowded or not running to be enjoyable any more
Think we're trying the breakfast in November as Marceline loves stitch and she'll meet him at breakfast.
Total agree with you about the monorail.

Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Love all Jo's Disney ears...very cute!

Those photos of Marceline on the boat to the Poly with the sunset in the background are just gorgeous!
It's the first time she's really worn ears... now she's addicted and is buying more for November
Thanks... I love them too.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day, but a shame you weren't feeling Ohanas and you could have done without all the agro trying to get back to SSR

Joan
Yeah, it was the last thing we needed after a bit of a stressful meal.

Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
Another great day and loving the hat pictures
we live in Leigh on Sea and we always say we are from London, def much easier... love Essex though a completely underrated county, it's beautiful ... until the next time 😀
I personally don't think I did enough hat pictures throughout the holiday. I'm going to up my hat game in November... hahaha.
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
It was a lovely day at Epcot, shame it turned a bit sour in the evening. Apparently a few days into your holiday you are supposed to hit a wall, this must of been yours. Onwards and upwards!
Yeah, I think you're right. It just seemed like 1 thing after another this night.

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Love the picture of Marceline looking out over the water. My boys are 14 and 12 and we still have those days where you are just exhausted without really knowing why!

Thanks for putting in so much time to share with us x
Me too. One of my favourites of her.
Thank you, glad you enjoy the report.

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
I'm with you on Ohanas, probably something to do with having a reservation and still waiting nearly an hour to be seated! You're doing a great job on what is a very different holiday for you guys. Really enjoying reading along. Pussycat
Oh wow. I wouldn't have waited that long. That's shocking!
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
Been to Ohanas a few times and on a whole... love it...however... where the table is located makes a HUGE difference IMO...give it another go, the food is great value for 1 credit.

Love the pics of Marceline, she is soooo cute..You and Jo are OK too lol ...loveyoubye...
You're right, for 1 credit it's good value.
Hahaha... 2 'ok' people created something lovely and cute.

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Great reporting as always Brett

Loving the ears Jo

Same here, we have been caught out on the London thing once. We got speaking to an American guy whose wife came from Essex! Can't remember how they met now 🤔

With you on the Ohana vibe. We've eaten there once and even though the food was pleasant enough it was definitely overrated in our opinion. I always wonder why it gets such fantastic reviews Maybe it's an Essex thing

Bless her Marceline's little body clock is doing so well adjusting to the different time zone. Definitely takes its toll after a few days but sounds like she's a little star really

Great pictures 👍🏻

Thank you.
I'm wondering if we'd not read/heard the glowing reviews about the place, if we would've enjoyed it more? Sometimes hype gets too much and everyone blindly agrees.
She did really well with the time zone change. Just wish she'd napped a little more.

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
Well done for being less weird with the parent talk on the bus

When I saw the caption “elephant impression”, I was seriously worried about what the picture might be.

If there weren’t enough reasons to dress entirely in tan, add being mistaken for a photopass photographer to the list!

I want to go on Living with the Land RIGHT NOW

That Figment painting hunt was super cute.

I think the picture of Marceline in France wearing the beret is my favourite of the day. She’s like “uhhhh, c’est ne pas possible, imbécile”

Very impressive themed outfit/ears today Mrs H.

Ohana is hit and miss. And chaotic. I think the table you get makes a difference; our best meals have been when we’re tucked away near the window.

I feel for you reading about your trek to get home through the crowd The worst thing about Disney is other people!

I feel exhausted reading about how exhausted you were. It’s a whole different thing with a kid isn’t it?

Love you lots

Jo xx
Hahaha she does look very French in that photo.
It's breakfast for us at Ohana next time I think. Maybe we'll go back in a few years.
Even remembering back to how this day ended stresses me out. xx

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Such a shame about your Ohana experience, we loved it last time but I have seen other disappointing reviews.

Disney with children is physically and mentally exhausting, your not alone on that one, so well done on such a busy day!

I always look forward to your updates, Marceline is such a little beauty
It seems to be very hit and miss. But it was about time we tried it out.
Yeah, the mental exhaustion was draining this trip

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We were also disappointed in 'Ohana, we've only been once quite a few years ago and we're giving it another bash this year.

The Figment game sounds great but disappointing how easy it was! The do a similar game with Remy during Food & Wine and it's much tougher.

I love that cushion with all of the States on it. I'll definitely pick that up if they still have it in September.
Be interested if you find it better second time around.
I'm glad it wasn't harder to find figment. All you're basically doing is paying for a magnet at the end of the day, with just a huge nt of 'treasure hunt' thrown in.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I feel exhausted just reading about you trying to get back to SSR! What a nightmare!

Marceline is just gorgeous. This photos of her on the boat are so cute!
No matter what we did it was the wrong thing. Seemed to take forever to finally get home.

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
I'm with you there with people bumping your chair. I was at a restaurant with my friend and my chair was bumped twice before we asked to be moved before I knocked someone out

Your daughter is just so cute - she definitely likes the taste of ice cream!
It was like they were oblivious to hitting our chairs/tables... very annoying.
Thank you... and yes, she loved it!
Old 20 May 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by prettymiarose View Post
Great day so many places & bits I've never even seen or been to at Epcot so I'm noting for next trip you guys are great parents so keep doing what you're doing. Looking forward to more.
Epcot has so many hidden things... it takes numerous trips to investigate them.
Thank you, glad you're enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Disneybabes View Post
We have never been to Disney without babies or kids so it must be a massive culture shock after visiting prior. Aw it does get easier, not because kids get easier but because you are just so used to it I think. You are brave going for lots of sit down meals, that anywhere is stressful!
It really was. You know a place so well... and then you're pressing reset and learning it all again.
We did a few more sit down meals... some went well... others... not so well.

Originally Posted by nanasamboy View Post
I think from squinting at the picture, that it's a ball socket joint (BSJ) doll. My friend has a small collection. They are really beautifully made and pretty expensive. But it's kind of a "thing" online to do photoshoots with them and dress them up. Whatever floats your boat!

Looks like you had a great day, despite 'Ohana being disappointing. We've only ever been for breakfast and it looks like we'll stick to that in future. Grah, we've all had at least one day where the Disney transportation just works against you at every attempt. Must be even harder with a teeny one though - the Hardings are champs!

Thanks for sharing
It's not something I've seen in the park before... but as you said... whatever floats your boat.
We're planning on doing ohana for breakfast in November. Hope it's better.
I think this was the one day that transportation was against... but hey ho, that's just how it goes (first world problems and all that!)
Old 22 May 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

We did the Easter egg hunt round Epcot - I resorted to googling clues for where the big eggs were to speed the girls up a bit as it was so hot walking round!

I love the USA and beret photos!

Shame about Ohana and the stressful trip back, its terrible when you just want to get back - I cant believe no one offered you a seat.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dutchrose
Getting Excited

Wow what a day- you seemed to fit in loads! We've booked O'hanas in July thanks to all the rave reviews on here, but I'll go in with my expectations ever so slightly lowered now (though the bread and butter pudding better be amazing or ill be gutted! )
dutchrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Another great read, and your daughter is super cute, thank you