Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 May 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kayaking tours

Looking for any recommendations for any kayak tours on the gulf coast, ds12 has just been kayaking with the scouts and really fancies doing more on holiday so I wondered if anybody has done a good tour recently? We are staying for one week at Rotonda and 12 nights at Hudson so pretty flexible on area. I've booked a groupon for kayaking at Sunwest but really wanted a guided tour with an instructor so that we can see a bit more and go further.
Any help is greatly appreciated. 😁

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did one at AMI with happy paddlers. It was wonderful. We'll be driving down from Orlando to do it again this year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rotonda Bound
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi Sarah
You could try Beach Rd Watersports just 10 mi s from Rotonda and on the way to the beach. Here is the link
beachroadwatersports/...s/kayak-tours/

Lots of our guests have used then and have recommended them. You can also hire boats from there.

You could also try Hooked on SUP at Cape Haze Marina. They also do kayak tours.
hookedonsup/

Another thing to consider is visiting Myakka State Park. You can hire Kayaks there and go on the lake mingling with the alligators... not something I would want to do but we were there in April and I was amazed at how many people were out in the aluminium canoes alongside huge gators 😳🤣

Kind regards
Bernadette

Dragonflies Villa ... close to stunning Gulf Coast beaches.
The ideal place to relax and unwind

Rotonda Bound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rotonda Bound View Post
Hi Sarah
You could try Beach Rd Watersports just 10 mi s from Rotonda and on the way to the beach. Here is the link
beachroadwatersports/...s/kayak-tours/

Lots of our guests have used then and have recommended them. You can also hire boats from there.

You could also try Hooked on SUP at Cape Haze Marina. They also do kayak tours.
hookedonsup/

Another thing to consider is visiting Myakka State Park. You can hire Kayaks there and go on the lake mingling with the alligators... not something I would want to do but we were there in April and I was amazed at how many people were out in the aluminium canoes alongside huge gators 😳🤣

Kind regards
Bernadette
Thanku so much for this, I had looked at the hooked on sup, site but will look at the other one for a comparison, also goodto have a recommendation. There's no way I'll be kayaking in Myakka State park, I'd rather see dolphins than gators!

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

We went out with Hooked On SUP in April. It was the best day of our stay without a doubt. We did the Mangrove Tour. DD and I had a double kayak and DH went on a paddleboard. We were with one other extended family. It was a brilliant few hours- it was amazing to have dolphins swimming around us, literally a metre away. I would highly recommend them.
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dking2001
Excited about Disney

Manatee Guides operate from Fort Myers Beach. We have been with them a couple of times and loved it. The guy who runs the tours is a 'Master Naturalist' and shares brilliant knowledge on the animals and environment you see on the tour.
dking2001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List