Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 May 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
DH will be talked round by his lovely daughters (he would never do i for me) and he will be the Mad Hatter (he does not know this yet).

I assumed the little would want to be Alice, but she says she wants to be the cat. And not the Cheshire Cat either. So apparently she is going as the black cat. The eldest wants to be Alice. And I am torn. I assumed the eldest would be the Cheshire Cat but I am very tempted. Would be great fun. Alternative plan is Queen of hearts!

Last year we were the Incredibles (my sister used the Incredibles in her bridesmaid speech at our wedding so they're my favourites). My husband wore red Lycra tights for me. With black hot pants over them. He has still not forgiven me. I did promise no pictures on FB, but he doesn't have IG...
Hmm...maybe you should ask Helen if you can borrow her slu**y top and THEN ask your DH - though if he wore TIGHTS for you I am guessing that you can keep your cleavage safely tucked away when requesting he wear a hat.

Even at the end of October - it was still VERY hot when we arrived at MNSSHP. I promised Poot that if we ever went again we would choose the lightest costumes possible. He asked if he could go as Mowgli.

Um...

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for all the love! I'm smack in the middle of my first keeping in touch day. I've yet to fall on my face or make a massive boo-boo! But there is still time! It seems I was missed 👍

I hope everyone will revisit in oct/Nov with pics of their family get-ups! They all sound great 😃

If anyone stumbled upon this thread they would see that you are all supportive and lots of fun! All good in my book!

Right back to the grind stone!
Oh - that's a brilliant idea! Somebody should make a sticky (would it go in the Theme Parks forum?) where everybody posts their MNSSHP and MVMCP outfits.

The ladies in this thread are FAB. And, as you noticed, as supportive as a good German bra.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ha! Mowgli is an excellent idea. We were very sweaty Incredibles by the end of the evening but I had made sure our outfits were cotton which helped.

You have a point about the leggings, but he's a runner so loves leggings. Not sure he has ever worn a hat. He definitely doesn't have an Ascot hat!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Ha! Mowgli is an excellent idea. We were very sweaty Incredibles by the end of the evening but I had made sure our outfits were cotton which helped.

You have a point about the leggings, but he's a runner so loves leggings. Not sure he has ever worn a hat. He definitely doesn't have an Ascot hat!

He goes bare-headed to Ascot?! Like a BARBARIAN?!

Get thee to Lock and Co, post-haste!

Old 23 May 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A big from me for the photos of everyone in their glad rags sounds like it would be a fab wall of fame or should that be *shame*

PS did you see the news about Sir Roger Moore? What a shame, I realise it pales in the wake of Manchester, but I thought of you as I remember you saying you thought he was the best Bond, at the time I didn't argue with you as clearly you are mistaken Timothy Dalton was the best... Let's agree to differ.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Don't faint, but I am dibbing on my phone! Couldn't resist catching up on this thread. The lure of a possible wand joke (of which I am sorely lacking) was too much for me.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nic18076 View Post
I would just like to know what it was about my personality that screamed Basset Hound as a suitable Patronus.
I only have one thing to add here.

Mine's a RAT.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Hmm...maybe you should ask Helen if you can borrow her slu**y top and THEN ask your DH - though if he wore TIGHTS for you I am guessing that you can keep your cleavage safely tucked away when requesting he wear a hat.

Even at the end of October - it was still VERY hot when we arrived at MNSSHP. I promised Poot that if we ever went again we would choose the lightest costumes possible. He asked if he could go as Mowgli.

Um...

Oh - that's a brilliant idea! Somebody should make a sticky (would it go in the Theme Parks forum?) where everybody posts their MNSSHP and MVMCP outfits.

The ladies in this thread are FAB. And, as you noticed, as supportive as a good German bra.
Which top? I have several. The one I wore today managed to persuade my decorator to do a bit of extra work without charging me for it. Yup, feminism is alive and kicking in the JNT house.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A big from me for the photos of everyone in their glad rags sounds like it would be a fab wall of fame or should that be *shame*

PS did you see the news about Sir Roger Moore? What a shame, I realise it pales in the wake of Manchester, but I thought of you as I remember you saying you thought he was the best Bond, at the time I didn't argue with you as clearly you are mistaken Timothy Dalton was the best... Let's agree to differ.

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Indeed, Goldia. A better day tomorrow.

And R.I.P. Roger Moore - the favourite Bond of both R.C. and Hans. I love the re-watchability of the Moore Bond movies - but MY favourite is definitely Sean Connery. But my brother is with you - it's Timothy Dalton all the way for him. I love TD (especially as Mr. Rochester - I could watch that version of "Jane Eyre" once a month), but I just can't cope with the Felix/shark bit in "Licence to Kill".

I read Roger Moore's book ("My Word is My Bond") - and it's definitely worth picking up from the library - some good stories from his Bond days...

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Don't faint, but I am dibbing on my phone! Couldn't resist catching up on this thread. The lure of a possible wand joke (of which I am sorely lacking) was too much for me.
Sorry to disappoint you - but Zomax did tell us about the time she convinced her husband to wear tights!
Old 23 May 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I only have one thing to add here.

Mine's a RAT.

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Which top? I have several. The one I wore today managed to persuade my decorator to do a bit of extra work without charging me for it. Yup, feminism is alive and kicking in the JNT house.
Oh, THAT shirt. If I wore that one the decorator would charge me EXTRA.
Old 21 Jun 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Goodness me that was an epic post April, I will try not to give you a full blown essay comment as I'm now starving and would quite like a sandwich from Sal's and perhaps a milkshake...strange late breakfast combination, yoghurt will have to do!
Anyway back to your fabulous few days. I knew the moment Poot said he would like to go back into Ollivanders he would be chosen this time. The wands obviously do 'chose' as Eve has a wand of oak with a unicorn hair core that's charismatic charm will help you on your way! Nevertheless the MEM wand is great and I really love his photo next to Sirius.
Poor Poot's foot-I'm pleased he got to go into pool it looked wonderful. I'm having a little giggle at the name tales, when I was in Sixth form I used to help with reading in the First School and a little boy asked me if I knew his brother who was in my High School. He told me his brother had a different last name to him because he was born in Newcastle and he had been born in Alnwick I smiled and never said a word...I wonder if he still thinks that!
WOW Grinchmas, I had absolutely no idea Universal did anything special like this. It all looks great fun-if you can see:angry: The parade and the concert looked great.
I think you might still have access to all your photo connect stuff I remember having problems and being told to log on to an account when I was in the ET shop, I had no idea it stores your photos so it may be worth a try-fingers crossed.
Ok I'm off to grab some toast and a coffee, a yoghurt just won't suffice!
I almost forgot my patronus is a fox terrier...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List