Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 May 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 10 MK, the greedy pair strike again!

Today marks the day we enter double figures and the end of the holiday starts to feel like it drawing ever closer, even though, in reality, we are only just over half way through. Pessimist or optimist? Breakfast this morning was pop tarts for me and pancakes for John, we had our usual coffees. John decided he wanted to take his tripod, but was worried about whether he’d be allowed in. We decided worst case they’d hold it for and we’d have to pick it up at the end of the day.

We arrived ant MK and there was no line at the furthest security check, so while everyone was queuing we walked straight in. Both of us looked suspect this morning and were sent through extra security.

We spent 20 mins of our emh going round 3 times on Buzz.

On one occasion I was winning until the last room; John is just too good. We didn’t plan to go round 3 times, but on our second go as we got off some woman was demanding the CM stops the ride as she has dropped her $300 sunglasses. Obviously the CM refused and it was getting heated until the woman stalked off and went back to the entrance. We joined the queue and about 5 mins later she came pushing through the queue. She ended up 2 cars in front of us and we watched, mildly amused, that she spent the ride hanging out of the vehicle, but still shooting. We reckoned she’d go back to her car / hotel room and the glasses would be there.

After Buzz we restroomed and I saw a woman changing into a weddingish dress, as I left and joined John he told me there was a guy changing into a suit. We saw them a few times during the day getting some pictures done, although I’m surprised they weren’t asked to change. We also saw a proposal at the front of the park, love really was in the air that day.

Starbucks was next and for 2 croissants caramel frap for me and java
chip for John, not noted the price, but probably around $15ish.

Finishing our food we photopassed and the CM wanted to steal our
drinks as it was the ‘good stuff’, not surprised as it was already hot.

John bought himself a BB8 tee and had to scan his magic band twice, so we vowed to check the bill to make sure it hadn’t gone on twice. It hadn’t so all was well. We took some pics as we wandered.

Space was next, but we were not in the car (seats 3 and 4) so not in the same photo, I forgot to pose anyway, so it wasn’t a big deal. We visited Stitch for his great escape. Then we caught the castle show and did our 7DMT FP. Another pet hate, I know I must seem like a right moaner, but it’s people putting their hands high at the picture when they are in the front of the car, we just got a hand photo instead of a photo of our smiling faces.

Last time we rode this was our pic...

This time no hands

Some from the Castle show...

Hunger was striking so we visited Cosmic Rays, one of us had double angus cheese burger and the other BBQ pulled pork cheese burger, fries, drinks and hot cheese sauce $38.73, we loaded these with topping from the toppings bar and they were lovely.

HM was next, and the tarp was still there.

As we came out we looked for Pascals in the garden and found 7, don’t worry, later in the holiday we manage to find all 10 - with help. We booked a FP for monsters at 2.05 and had some time to go on philarmagic. John was gutted as the kid sat next to him held his hand over the smell so he didn’t get the full effect. Then was HOP where I had a little sleep, I can’t help it, darkness, tiredness and cool air and poof…I’m snoring.

After this we went to Sleepy Hollow where John bought a waffle and I had a lemonade, we forgot to write how much this was, but both were delicious.

Our FP time was ready so we went to Monsters where we were entertained by Mac and Cheese. They did the classic, ‘do you know what you’ll be when you grow up, kid?” “Taller.” Which usually gets a little titter, but the perplexed look the kid gives results raucous laughter, it was completely over his head (see what I’ve done there, lol).

I’ve written in my notes that I then bought a tee, but I’m not sure what it looked like or for how much? And we booked a FP for pirates which was in 20mins time. We were on our own row - I'm really starting to sound like I hate people! We each bought a dole whip to cool off.

As we exited the rain started and I felt the grumps creeping on, I’ve written it was John’s fault, but I’m not sure what he’d done to deserve it? We booked a…you’ve guessed it a Buzz, on which I got a terrible score, so demanded we get another, both FP opened as we booked them. The second time I was more successful.

Next we traded some pins with a CM who gave me some sneaky hints and our bellies rumbled so we went over to Casey’s where we had a foot long hotdog, a chilli cheese dog, corn dog nuggets 3 fries and 2 drinks for $38.39.

2 more goes on Buzz and I maxed out at 999,999 – those CM hints must have helped. I was thrilled (it’s the little things).

We booked a FP for JC and headed over there as it was open straight away. Zack must have been our captain as I written he was really good. As we exited there was a FP for Space Mountain coming up, so we headed back that way stopping in shops from me to try on some hats as we went. We also took advantage of the missing crane and photopassed on Main Street as we went.

Loved SM, and I was really giggling as we shared a car with a man who was whooping, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone make a sound like that, especially not a grown man.

Sadly, our picture this time was of strangers? Perhaps our bands didn't link properly?

After this had a coffee float mocha and a Fanta for $9.04 and staked out a good spot from where to watch Wishes with John’s tripod.

A family stood next to us with a baby called April, which happened to be one of our babies’ names, this did nothing for my emotions and tears streamed as we watched.

Goodnight Castle...

Ours was the busiest stop, but 2 busses came at once. There was a family struggling with children and a large birthday cake, so we held the cake for them so they could juggle everything. We chatted with them all the way home, about what now I can’t remember.

Step count: 23,772
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You both must have hollow legs! Lol! I'm seriously impressed by the amount of rides you managed to get on today and I totally understand what you are saying about 'arm raising'. I am short, so it ends up looking like I'm headless if the person in front of me waves their hands around 😂 We loved Wishes but I am really looking forward to seeing 'Happily Ever After' at Christmas 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
You both must have hollow legs! Lol! I'm seriously impressed by the amount of rides you managed to get on today and I totally understand what you are saying about 'arm raising'. I am short, so it ends up looking like I'm headless if the person in front of me waves their hands around 😂 We loved Wishes but I am really looking forward to seeing 'Happily Ever After' at Christmas 😊
Holloway legs 😂😂 that's definitely us! We find Tower of terror is the worst for arm raisers which result in face hiding. I think we'll miss wishes, but I'm sure they've done a good job of HEA, looking forward to seeing it. I bet it'll be amazing when you go at Christmas x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I like to think the baby April next to you was some kind of sign xxx

Love that last picture of you both, definitely one for a frame.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

I think that's lovely, I'd love to think it was a sign xxx

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Old 20 May 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by collybird View Post

Definitely agree with you!

Great day at mk, loads of rides and food
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Definitely agree with you!

Great day at mk, loads of rides and food
Food is such an important part of our holiday 😗 reading disney menus and looking at food photos are our favourite part of planning 😂😂
Old 24 May 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You've really cracked Buzz Lightyear, top score. A great day with loads done, you must've been exhausted at the end of each day.
Old 24 May 17, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
You've really cracked Buzz Lightyear, top score. A great day with loads done, you must've been exhausted at the end of each day.
Disney is always exhausting, but we love it x
Old 31 May 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dutchrose
Getting Excited

Awesome day- lots of rides and lots of food!
loved the photo of you both with your back to the photographer.
dutchrose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List