Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 14 Epcot, Snacking around the world

We weren’t doing emh this morning so we had a lie in. Usual morning routine done we headed to Epcot for 9am where we rode TT 3 times. On the third go it went tech and it was chaos. People were pouring into a small space and doors were closing while there was people inside. We were trapped for around 40 mins, it was really uncomfortable as we were like sardines, but it gave me chance to have a good look at how my classes had done in their GCSEs – well was the answer and I was mostly very pleased a few pleasant surprises.

How about these for monstrosities

And some on the ride...

Once TT had had its wobble, we took the boat to Morrocco so we could get lunch in Japan’s Katsura Grill.

We saw this guy in the water...

We both had teriyaki beef and chicken, with drink it was $32. I was shouted at by a man in here for doing nothing, he was really rude. That’s all I’ve written and I can’t remember what his problem was, but it did upset me. Perhaps it was the experience, but we weren’t as impressed with the food as we were last time.

We walked back to future world and met fellow dibbers Aimee and Lauren, hi both . We’d been reading some of their reports before we left. We stopped to say hi, sadly they were flying home later that day, so we wished them safe travels and let them enjoy their last few hours. It was nice to meet them.

Continuing towards Spaceship Earth where there was a couple outside who had no idea how FP worked (I think they thought it was like universal) and they were getting a lesson from the CM.

After our ride we headed out to find our 2 leave a legacy plaques. We bought one in 2004 which reads: ‘Niki and John, together forever.’ And then we got one on our 2006 stating we were still together and on our Disneymoon. We celebrate 12 years of marriage this year and have been together 16 years…not bad considering I’m 33 and John is 36.

We dropped by Starbucks and bought the Epcot mug, then went to Club Cool where we had it sent back to the hotel. We laughed with a couple of girls who were telling their parents the Beverly was the best and to save it for last, then winked conspiratorially at us. So we hung around to witness a classic reaction. Being in Starbucks had whetted our appitite for a tasty drink so we had a grande caramel frap for me and John had a java chip venti for $11.71. They wrote: Princess Niki and Prince John on the cups. I told John he shouldn’t be stealing other people’s taxes – I must think I’m hilarious.

Next up was Nemo, we went to watch the dolphins, but they were off show and visited Lou the manatee instead.

It was time for our Frozen FP so we headed over there. The ride was cute and we both enjoyed it. I felt terrible though as I had no idea it took your picture and leaned over to show John something and was in the way of the people behind. Sorry . I don’t think they had magic bands though and I’m pretty sure you need them to get the picture?

We headed to China and tried some potstickers and egg rolls with 2 drinks it was $13.

Then to Germany where John bought Haribo cherries and I had a caramel s’more. This year DVC was celebrating 25 years, so we had been given badges (sorry buttons) celebrating this fact and the girl behind the counter said, “25, that’s something to celebrate,” and gave me a free popcorn. Yes, 25 would be something to celebrate, but I’m not 25, I’m in my terrible 30s, boo. I’d be fine with that if our family situation was a little different, but my 30s haven’t been my best years so far. Sorry, I digress, where were we? Germany? Ah yes, rain clouds – now there’s a bit of pathetic fallacy for you.

Looming overhead was some dark clouds, but they weren’t quite ready to spill yet so we wandered round the world stopping to chat to the cutest guy about pin trading. Seriously, I have written ‘cutest guy’ in my notes, so I am assuming I don’t think he’s cute in the same way I think Chris Pratt is – sorry John.

As we arrived in the UK it started spitting…well themed, Disney. We picked up speed through Canada and just made it to the Land before the heavens well and truly opened. We jumped on the ride and could hardly hear the commentary the rain was so loud. There was no way I was venturing out in that weather, so we watched the Circle of Life and I think I may have had a little sleep. John then treated himself to a Donald tee, and we decided to do Soarin’ as the line was shorter than usual, probably because no one was moving round the park until the rain stopped. We were on with a guy who had been everywhere and gave his own commentary. Smashing.

The rain cleared and we photopassed some time away...

And did Colortopia, which is pitched a little below our age range...

We then headed back round the world to decide on an IllumiNATIONS spot, I stopped in Germany for Nudel Gratin, the queue was huge as there was something wrong with the tills. John had a pretzel and with a drink it all cost $14.

We wandered towards American Adventure and John bought himself a funnel cake with sugar for $6.50.

We decided to watch near Spaceship Earth so we could make a quickish exit.

Near us was a group of children who kept climbing and falling off the railings, it drove us a bit nuts.

Despite that, our plan worked and we were on the first bus home tucked up in bed by 9:40. According to the news Tropical Depression 9 had had an impact on our lovely weather today.

Step count: 21,190
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Funnel cakes and a Carmel s'more- best day ever 😋 Sometimes you need an early night, having fun is exhausting!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Funnel cakes and a Carmel s'more- best day ever 😋 Sometimes you need an early night, having fun is exhausting!
Tbh, I think it was food exhaustion x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a fab day. I love your leave a legacy plaques, I keep reading about them being removed, I really hope that doesn't happen.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a fab day. I love your leave a legacy plaques, I keep reading about them being removed, I really hope that doesn't happen.
I really hope they don't move them either, it feels like we have our own space in Epcot, one of ours is looking directly at spaceship earth 😁
Old 25 May 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Your food and snacks look really tasty. Shame about the rain but you still managed to fill you time.
Old 25 May 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Your food and snacks look really tasty. Shame about the rain but you still managed to fill you time.
Can't wait to be eating all that lovely food again x
Old 1 Jun 17, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Love this report. It's getting me so excited for our next visit, thank you! Where is your gorgeous dress from please? X
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DoubleDisney View Post
Love this report. It's getting me so excited for our next visit, thank you! Where is your gorgeous dress from please? X
It's another hot topic one, last year I did an order and had it delivered to Disney, I see you are at the yacht club so this would be doable too. I think there might be a small charge now, but it's still cheaper than international shipping.

Looks like we are there at the same time, too, have a wonderful time. We'd love to stay at the beach / yacht club, but it hasn't had the right availability for us; I'm sure it will some day though x
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DoubleDisney
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
It's another hot topic one, last year I did an order and had it delivered to Disney, I see you are at the yacht club so this would be doable too. I think there might be a small charge now, but it's still cheaper than international shipping.

Looks like we are there at the same time, too, have a wonderful time. We'd love to stay at the beach / yacht club, but it hasn't had the right availability for us; I'm sure it will some day though x
We are teachers too so tied to school holidays. I'm so excited! We didn't stay 'on property' last year (Waldorf Astoria instead) so there's so much I'm looking forward to. Thanks to you I have just discovered Hot Topic-wow! Poor bank balance. I will keep my eyes peeled for you! X
DoubleDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List