Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 09, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

I have pre paid my tips for my 3 night wonder cruise - i called them and asked to pay whilst i was booking the birthday room decs and a couple of the other gift things for the stateroom - I paid on my cc ( seperate to the room decs) as i could not find a way to book room dec and present on line so i had to call anyway. They were very nice.
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Sadly, no tips are included, and no Onboard Credit either We have booked using our DVC points, so we don't get any freebies on top of that.
So have we. (DVC points). You can prepay as above but you could also have charged to your onboard account - go to Guest Services on deck 3 to arrange or they provide envelopes for you to give cash. Note - bars, wine etc - 15% is added automatically. Check the info pack that was sent to you.

Edited at 07:12 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi in the pack i got this morning it says you can phone them directly and pre pay them on a credit card and then you have to pick up receipt stubs from guest services and give them to each individual or you can pre pay them as soon as you get on the cruise. x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 09, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jam jar
Imagineer

jam jar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Well, you have to pay them regardless? So, how is it the not the best value for money?

I see loads of references to prepaying them on another Cruise forum, but not how to actually go about doing it. I am just trying to get as much paid before we go as possible.

No, you dont have to pay them regardless, have you cruised before?

For example, there is no point in tipping the head waiter if he has not assisted you in any way. If we specify a table for 4 and we get a table for 8 and he cant change it, he wont be getting a tip.

On a 2 week cruise we will eat in the speciality restaurant 4 or 5 times, therefore not eating in the main dinning room on they nights. In my opinion there is no point in tipping the waiting staff in the main restaurant on nights you dont eat there.

The drinks waiter, If you dont consume alcohol with your meal there is no point in tipping the drinks waiter. There is already gratuity added to any drinks bought.

If you pre pay your tips, all the staff will get the maximum recommended tips whether they have helped you or not.

Maybe im just a tight Scot

Hi, I'm Jaimie, but my friends call me JAM
28 trips and counting!
"Your cadaverous parlour, betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching?"
jam jar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 09, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dot
Apprentice Imagineer

I think if you prepay them then you can add to them or take away whilst on the cruise itself - i think you just add in cash or go to guest services to remove a tip
dot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 09, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread