Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 12 Apr 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks Dixiechic, hope you are able to get the fastpasses you want easily x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jenlou View Post
I am in the same position but due to funds we will be on the 30 day mark although we are staying in a Disney hotel! Much prefer FP system in the actual park on the day than in advance, feel like Disney has ruined this system for us. I don't like planning at all and prefer to just go with the flow.
Same here we totally go with the flow normally lol
Old 12 Apr 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Noticed the same here. It appears that the Frozen ride is a complete no-go!

I'm not holding out much hope for Avatar either.
Old 12 Apr 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Since late 2014/early 2015 I think. my sister went in the summer of 15 for the first time and only booked the fast passes the evening before each park as they didn't understand the concept of planning! - they were still able to do most things
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jenlou View Post
I am in the same position but due to funds we will be on the 30 day mark although we are staying in a Disney hotel! Much prefer FP system in the actual park on the day than in advance, feel like Disney has ruined this system for us. I don't like planning at all and prefer to just go with the flow.
I don't mind a bit of planning but part of the enjoyment used to be sending someone off halfway across the park with all the tickets to get the next fastpass and then getting another one as soon as your window started for the current one.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cosmo_kramer View Post
Noticed the same here. It appears that the Frozen ride is a complete no-go!

I'm not holding out much hope for Avatar either.
I'm concerned about Avatar too - we're not sure which one to try and get the FP for and our fastpass window is before it has opened to see the reviews. We've already decided that if we can't get a frozen FP then we'll camp out ready to be let into world showcase for when that opens and hopefully there'll be v little wait.
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I know what you mean about loss of spontaneity, but in WDW spontaneity means long queues!

We loved being able to just go from ride to ride to ride, everything a walk on because we'd got FP+ for the headliners and everything else was a 10 minute wait. No queueing, no faffing! And we did do a lot of changing FP+ while we were there, so it's not like you are completely set in stone.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

We are also FP+ fans, yes your days need to be a bit more planned but you can change as you go. The only one we struggled with at 60 days was for Frozen at Epcot but if you could for later in your holiday as opposed to your first few days they'll be fewer people that can have booked those slots so you'd have more success. Everything else was easy peasy to get.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

As you can book for your full holiday from check In day,you will get the jump on everyone else for the 2nd week. So it might be hard to get 7DMT or Avatar for your first day but you should be in a good position to book them for week 2.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 17, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
I don't mind a bit of planning but part of the enjoyment used to be sending someone off halfway across the park with all the tickets to get the next fastpass and then getting another one as soon as your window started for the current one.
Ha- you wait until you're there this time. I'm sure this opinion will change!

FP+ is especially good for when you plan arriving in the park in the afternoon or evening. With the old system all the FP's would have been gone for the big rides.

You should be fine to get 7DMT and FEA for your 2nd week, and hopefully Avatar too.

The FP planner on the dibb menu tells you which days you can book your FP from.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List