Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Apr 17, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

50s prime time cafe had lovely food.3 of us had something different and everyone's food was fab
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
The Wave, Kona Café and the Grand Floridian Café are all lovely.
Those are three of my favourites, too. I always feel there are some different options here?

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
The most underrated ts restaurant is 'flying fish cafe' at the boardwalk. The food here is a cut above.

Disney332
Agree completely (but it is 2 TS).

I also really like Yak and Yeti and the new one in MK I've forgotten the name of (might be the Jungle Canteen?!?)
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

We discovered O'Hana last year and really loved it.

I haven't tried Yak and Yeti yet but those that have give it very good reviews and the menu certainly looks enticing!
I get the impression this place is a bit under-rated.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post

I haven't tried Yak and Yeti yet but those that have give it very good reviews and the menu certainly looks enticing!
Yak and Yeti is hit and miss...I've had an amazing meal there...and a not so amazing meal there. The theming is great, the restaurant always seems very, very busy. I wouldn't go out of my way though to eat there if there were other places to spend my credits on. It's a Landry's restaurant, like TREX, Rainforest and Bubba Gump, though I would rate the food as slightly better.

Each to their own of course
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Those are three of my favourites, too. I always feel there are some different options here?

Agree completely (but it is 2 TS).

I also really like Yak and Yeti and the new one in MK I've forgotten the name of (might be the Jungle Canteen?!?)
Jungle Navigation Co. Skipper Canteen
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Most under rated 1 credit places for me are
Splitsville at Disney springs
Turf club at Saratoga springs
Wave at contemporary
Grand Floridian Cafe at grand Floridian
Captains Grill at yacht club
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post

The food is lovely but we've found the CM's to be really slow and very surly. His attitude changed towards us as soon as he knew we were on the DDP, kept trying to upsell the alcohol even though we said we didn't drink then we had to ask twice how long our food would be as children were really hungry. We ordered an appetiser between us and he barked at us that they weren't on the DDP. I'd every intention of approaching the manager but we'd been there that long we were freezing ( air con ) and we just wanted to get out.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

That's what I love about eating out at WDW, everyone has their own favourites and ones they hate...Example we missed out on Whispering Canyon when we stayed at WL in 2014, so last year when staying again at WL we booked a ADR for dinner...It was so noisy I couldn't hold a conversation with my wife or son, and the food looked liked it had been flung together, I'm talking about the skillet...But as far as hidden gems, I think they are hard to find nowadays...Sanaa used to be one but it's got plenty of lovers now..We did enjoy The Wave...And yes Grand Floridian Cafe...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Splitsville is meant to be good. We've booked it and I hadn't even heard of it before looking for ADRs this trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
katiexlou
Apprentice Imagineer

Olivia's is a firm favourite! Never had a bad meal there.