Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Apr 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ella-Belle
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile VERY early 1st draft

Ok I know I have OCD as it is absolutally ages before our trip but I have already started planning.

I 1st chose restaurants I thought would best suit us and have based our days around where we want to eat.

The below is in a random order as obviously can't decide which day will be on each date of our trip until park hours EMH are released.

Just wondering if people think these basic 1st plans sound about right, any views on our restaurant choices, and ideas for restaurants in spaces I haven't planned meals.

Also if we plan to have a chilled out morning and go to parks in the afternoon/evenings, what time would people suggest getting to the park (we travel in august)

When my plan says to go to the park in the morning and return to the hotel/pool in the afternoon would people suggest going back out somewhere in the evening?

Disney plans

1(1st full day) Magic kingdom
≈≈ Be Our Guest lunch
≈≈ Pool afternoon
≈≈ Wolfgang puck/blaze/de Luxe

2 Epcot
≈≈ Garden Grill lunch CHARACTER
≈≈ Pool afternoon
≈≈ Wolfgang puck/blaze/ de Luxe

3 Animal kingdom
≈≈ Tusker House breakfast CHARACTER
≈≈ Pool afternoon
≈≈ Wolfgang puck/blaze/ de Luxe

4 Hollywood Studios
≈≈ Pool afternoon
≈≈ Hoop de hoo review

5 Breakfast?
≈≈ Blizzard Beach ( after late night fireworks)
≈≈ Ohana dinner
≈≈
6≈ Breakfast?
≈≈≈ Typhoon Lagoon (after late night fireworks)
≈≈≈ 1900 park fayre dinner CHARACTER

7 pool morning
≈≈ shopping day/cheesecake factory (after late≈≈≈≈≈≈ night fire works)

8 Blizzard beach/ Typhoon lagoon (after late night fireworks)
≈≈ Teppan Edo (EP) dinner

9 pool morning
≈≈ late lunch at sanna
≈≈ evening at animal kingdom
≈≈ Flame tree BBQ

10 chef mickeys breakfast CHARACTER
≈≈≈≈ Afternoon/evening magic kingdom

11 afternoon/evening Hollywood studios
≈≈≈≈≈ Mama melrose fantasmic package

12 afternoon/evening Epcot
≈≈≈≈≈ Tangerine cafe/ snack around the world
≈≈≈≈≈

13 ? Let kids chose a park?

14 (travel home) Favourite park, joint decission
Ella-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi can't help much because I haven't been in August but thought I would bump your post for a few replies ! Your plan sounds well thought out to me with a mix of early mornings and evenings. I agree that I would go back to a park in the evening if staying on site. I think your best decision is to only go to Disney. I think a lot of people just buy too many tickets and end up not enjoying it because it is too much rushing about and effort fitting everything in.
I know you have a long countdown but it will soon go and the planning is as much fun as the holiday !
We are only in Orlando for a week and only have the 3 for 2 seaworld park tickets. I still like to do lots of planning though !
Enjoy !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ella-Belle
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thank you so much for the reply, I was wondering if it was so far in advance people weren't bothering to comment.

I'm pleased you think the plan to just do Disney is a good one. It is my gut feeling with the ages of the children but I do keep questioning whether we should do more. We are potentially looking at adding a 3rd week but even then still feel that Disney only would work best for us
Ella-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's never to early to plan ! If your children are little then myself I think Disney is enough. If you can go for 3 weeks then you will have a fantastic holiday. We went for 3 weeks last year and it was amazing ! Plenty of time to enjoy everything and still feel it was a holiday rather
I'm sure you will change you mind lots before you go.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

How old will your children be when you go?

Depending on their ages you might want to go back to a park in the evening, some rides are definitely different in the dark.

I bet you wish you knew the park hours etc now though, would make such a difference- I think I would really struggle booking that far out and not being able to plan properly Our first visit I think we only had a 6 week countdown, this visit we had our longest countdown of just over 100 days
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

It depends on the ages of your children. I would drop one waterpark day, as you have 3 and lots of pool time, and add another Magic Kingdom day.
We loved going back into the parks in the evening on our first visit last year, seemed a more chilled out atmosphere (even though it was Easter and parks were busy at all times) but our daughter was 15 so not too tired to stay up.
Looks really good though for first draft. I remember doing our first one, it changed constantly over the months and ended up very different from the 1st draft but we had great fun with it 😊. Happy planning
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ella-Belle
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I'm quite interested to see how my final plan turns out compared to my ideas now tbf. My children will be 11, 8 and 5 so it more for the youngest that my days probably seem quite chilled. I definately think I fancy going back to the parks on a night if tbe children are all up for it. And when I say pool afternoon I plan to stay at the park until the children feel they have had enough I guess
Old 13 May 17, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

We leave the parks about lunch time and went to either a water park or in the hotel pool and then went back to the parks later on, it is a nice break and a cool down too
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Definitely depends on the ages of your children. My eldest is 9 and could probably go back out in the evenings but eventually she gets really tired and needs a recharge day. I remember doing Disney from open until close a few days in a row when my sister was 9 and eventually she was ill for a day from tiredness (and being the loving sister I am I was really annoyed!). Our youngest has been nearly one and just 2 when we have been recently and the only night we stayed out late she was a nightmare the next day because she isn't a child who will pass out when tired so sat wide-eyed in her buggy until midnight.

SInce going with my children I've always done rope drop (as we're always up by six in my family) and then returned at lunch time for chilling or naps and then gone out for an early dinner. We rarely do fireworks anymore, but did on MNSSHP last year. We also rarely do more than one Park and try to have a shopping and pool day every third day (mainly for DH who likes a rest!)
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ella-Belle View Post
I'm quite interested to see how my final plan turns out compared to my ideas now tbf. My children will be 11, 8 and 5 so it more for the youngest that my days probably seem quite chilled. I definately think I fancy going back to the parks on a night if tbe children are all up for it. And when I say pool afternoon I plan to stay at the park until the children feel they have had enough I guess
It is nice to have some chilled time. I do feel we crammed lots in for our first visit last year but I feel our next visit will have some more pool time.
I suggested the extra MK day so you can take it at a slower pace as there is so much to see and do there and it is the busiest park.
Do keep a copy of this first draft, I didn't with mine but I know it changed loads over the 12 months I had to plan. It will be fun to see how it changes

Also, which resort are you staying at? Are you on a dining plan?

Edited at 11:34 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List