Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 May 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have a week onsite at the minute. If we stay for 2 weeks we will be back in the middle of the half term so could stretch it out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We have done this 5 times now but we do it in the middle of the stay. You get kicked off the cruise really early in the morning and then the flight home isn't till evening so we have never wanted to cope with that long day and a long night flight. This year we are doing 10 nights, the 3 night cruise and then back to Disney for another 4 nights. Can't recommend it enough. Castaway Cay is amazing. We can book our shore excursions in 10days so trying to decide what to do at Nassau.
Must be amazing if this is your 5th time! We're doing our 1st DC this October and its towards the end of our stay, but we have 3 nights at BLT after the cruise too! It's a huge thing for us and so excited and it's a secret for our 6 and 8 year old 😊
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
Must be amazing if this is your 5th time! We're doing our 1st DC this October and its towards the end of our stay, but we have 3 nights at BLT after the cruise too! It's a huge thing for us and so excited and it's a secret for our 6 and 8 year old 😊
Our children know we are going but I don't think they know too much what to expect.
I'm planning on adding on the cruise (if it's reasonable) and surprising hubby with it once we are there. The booking is all in my name and I can pay for the cruise myself so he would be non the wiser
Old 2 May 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
Oh wow-how are you managing to keep that a secret. I don't think I could manage it.
We just love the short cruise. Our son loves the kids clubs. He is an only 1 so it gives him some kiddy time during the holiday and away from us adults😀
We love the Atlantis water park on Nassau and have swam with dolphins there. The lads usually go jet skiing at Castaway Cay while I go to the spa.
The kids club on the island are amazing if your kids are happy to do that.
Try and book into one of the adult only restaurants too if the kids can be without you for a couple of hours. It's worth it. Are you going on the Dream?
Pm me if you want any more info -could talk about it for hours 😊
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nickys1980 View Post
Our children know we are going but I don't think they know too much what to expect.
I'm planning on adding on the cruise (if it's reasonable) and surprising hubby with it once we are there. The booking is all in my name and I can pay for the cruise myself so he would be non the wiser
Nice. The last time we went it was hubbys bday do I upgraded to concierge. I must have hit lucky cos I didn't pay the prices for it they are quoting now. That was his bday surprise and he found out when we checked in at the terminal. It's an unbelievable experience on that level but wouldn't pay the prices they want now!
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh wow-how are you managing to keep that a secret. I don't think I could manage it.
We just love the short cruise. Our son loves the kids clubs. He is an only 1 so it gives him some kiddy time during the holiday and away from us adults😀
We love the Atlantis water park on Nassau and have swam with dolphins there. The lads usually go jet skiing at Castaway Cay while I go to the spa.
The kids club on the island are amazing if your kids are happy to do that.
Try and book into one of the adult only restaurants too if the kids can be without you for a couple of hours. It's worth it. Are you going on the Dream?
Pm me if you want any more info -could talk about it for hours 😊
Do you know how old the kids need to be to swim with dolphins at Atlantis? My son will be 5 while we are out there so too young for Discovery Cove.
Old 2 May 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Do you know how old the kids need to be to swim with dolphins at Atlantis? My son will be 5 while we are out there so too young for Discovery Cove.
Just looked on the website and the dolphin interaction session and the shallow swim seems to be says 4yrs. You could ring and double check. Think our son was 7.
Old 2 May 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just looked on the website and the dolphin interaction session and the shallow swim seems to be says 4yrs. You could ring and double check. Think our son was 7.
Thank you. I've just done a mock quote and it's £928 for a family of 4 on a 3 night Bahamas cruise. I'd need to call cause there are 5 of us so may need 2 rooms. I'll look into that. Sounds lovely. Wonder if I can pull it off 🤔
Old 2 May 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Thank you. I've just done a mock quote and it's £928 for a family of 4 on a 3 night Bahamas cruise. I'd need to call cause there are 5 of us so may need 2 rooms. I'll look into that. Sounds lovely. Wonder if I can pull it off 🤔
That's a good price-we are a family of 3 going in August and its closer to £1,600!
I think Some of the cabins do sleep 5 if the kids are small but not sure how tight it is. Best to call and talk through options. Hope you can make it work.

Another nice thing they do if your kids like the kids club is the staff come to each of the restaurants as you have finished eating and take the kids back to the clubs so you can have a leisurely coffee or 2nd dessert😀 Our son loved joining the line and marching away from us with his new found friends on a night!
Disney really do have this all worked out 😍
Old 2 May 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Just over £900, is that with Disney?

Ours is this October for a 3 night and it's just under £2000, we have booked an outside room with verandah mind you, so that added a few hundred.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List