Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 May 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
Is anyone booking a fall 2018 cruise next week? We're first timers planning to book the West Caribbean 7 day cruise on 27 October. I hope we can afford Concierge but I suspect we'll have to go for a cheaper room... we'll see!
We've booked for 27 October 2018 Unfortunately Concierge was way out of our price range, so we've gone with a category 5E aft room with extended verandah instead. Very excited!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

I love Disney cruise line, we go on our 3rd cruise with them in September!

I had a 5E on the Dream, and my balcony was HUGE!

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com
Ever After Holidays is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Looks great!

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post

U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MyMagicHoliday View Post

I'm on this one too! Can't wait.

As for 2018 I may skip the WBTA as it just doesn't appeal. This years at least has a few warm ports but I can't see the 2018 one being warm at all! Hopefully 2019 will be better as I might book a placeholder on this years for that. Does anyone know if you can still ask the booking people to hold your reservation until the last day of the cruise to put through so that you get the maximum travel window?
Old 7 Jun 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I'm on this one too! Can't wait.

As for 2018 I may skip the WBTA as it just doesn't appeal. This years at least has a few warm ports but I can't see the 2018 one being warm at all! Hopefully 2019 will be better as I might book a placeholder on this years for that. Does anyone know if you can still ask the booking people to hold your reservation until the last day of the cruise to put through so that you get the maximum travel window?
Hi Sarah, give them some Jelly Babies or Cadburys and I'm sure they'll happily hold your booking until the last day. They tend to do this anyway .. I prefer getting it a few days before the end as I want to walk off that ship with a reservation/placeholder number. It can't be rectified once you're off, so I always make sure I have it a few days before we leave.

I'm also thinking about the Tranny next year .. we're doing Panama Canal in April and the ports on the WBTA 2018 are just not doing it for me right now. I love the thought of going from Dover, but is that enough to do the whole trip?

Joa
Old 8 Jun 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Hi Sarah, give them some Jelly Babies or Cadburys and I'm sure they'll happily hold your booking until the last day. They tend to do this anyway .. I prefer getting it a few days before the end as I want to walk off that ship with a reservation/placeholder number. It can't be rectified once you're off, so I always make sure I have it a few days before we leave.

I'm also thinking about the Tranny next year .. we're doing Panama Canal in April and the ports on the WBTA 2018 are just not doing it for me right now. I love the thought of going from Dover, but is that enough to do the whole trip?

Joa
Oh that's actually a good point! Maybe I'll do it after St John's just to be on the safe side lol

I'm totally not enthralled by the ports next year! I am hoping this years might inspire me but who knows. Maybe 2019 will be better (hence I want a late date placeholder just in case)
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh that's actually a good point! Maybe I'll do it after St John's just to be on the safe side lol

I'm totally not enthralled by the ports next year! I am hoping this years might inspire me but who knows. Maybe 2019 will be better (hence I want a late date placeholder just in case)
The PC is fairly cheap for 14 nights and is warmer. We've not done it yet (April is first time), but I hear great reports about it. Just the mere fact that you're onboard for 14 nights and it's warm is a winner for me!
I booked our flights yesterday .. out of LGW to MCO, then out of LAX back to LHR. Could have got cheaper boomerang flights but when I added in the Dublin flight, hotel, breakfast etc, it only saved us around £100 each and it was a faff on a Friday night to do it, so we just booked direct with VA.

You travel as a singly right? We have a US friend who is always after a cruise buddy if you ever want to share with her. She's very friendly, sadly a widow (aged 40 ish) and likes her cocktails!

Edited at 04:25 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

considering the re positioning cruise from Vancouver to san diego. We are on the Alaska cruise before the re-positioning. anyone ever done it this way? have seen loads of people do it the other way
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
The PC is fairly cheap for 14 nights and is warmer. We've not done it yet (April is first time), but I hear great reports about it. Just the mere fact that you're onboard for 14 nights and it's warm is a winner for me!
I booked our flights yesterday .. out of LGW to MCO, then out of LAX back to LHR. Could have got cheaper boomerang flights but when I added in the Dublin flight, hotel, breakfast etc, it only saved us around £100 each and it was a faff on a Friday night to do it, so we just booked direct with VA.

You travel as a singly right? We have a US friend who is always after a cruise buddy if you ever want to share with her. She's very friendly, a widow (aged 40) and likes her cocktails!
Oh hadn't looked at the PC to be honest for next year so probably should lol

And yes I do and would definitely be up for a cruise buddy! Similar age too (37 here) so would be fab!
Old 9 Jun 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Oh hadn't looked at the PC to be honest for next year so probably should lol

And yes I do and would definitely be up for a cruise buddy! Similar age too (37 here) so would be fab!
Get a cruise buddy and half the cost of a cruise!
I know Christine would fancy the PC and the WBTA. She lives in Connecticut by the way do only a short train ride up from NYC.
How cool would it be if you did become cruise buddies?!

Would it only be the October PC you'd be interested in or maybe the April one (although sold out right now).