Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 16 May 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Busby
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
No you get towed.
Oh dear
Busby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Busby View Post
We have parked there before as well. Did you get fined or something like that? :angry:
No, we couldn't actually get in because of the barrier. A CM let us in, although we were going to reverse out of the entranceway on to the road, and waited whilst we turned round and drove out. Then she dropped the barrier. But it did leave us a bit flummoxed for somewhere to park - and we were guests at the resort, staying there for twelve days.

Edited at 10:32 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We own at the Boardwalk and it's even bad for guests. We never valet park so end up right next to the bins far away from the entrance usually! . They are very strict on who they let in. One year they had our surname first and Christian name last on the booking and because I had said my surname the guy on the gate couldn't see us on the list so thought we were trying to blag ourselves in. After a 15 hr journey we weren't very amused! Is there parking at Fantasia Gardens golf? Could park there and walk over.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yeah, the only really good perk for DVC members used to be the free valet parking. ☹️
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Fantasia golf has (Ithink) a two hour window for parking as its meant to be for the golf only. There are also cameras in the car park.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Yeah, the only really good perk for DVC members used to be the free valet parking. ☹️
Are DVC members not allowed to use car park anymore, we used to show our card and park up and have a walk around.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Are DVC members not allowed to use car park anymore, we used to show our card and park up and have a walk around.
I think you can its just so busy they discourage you there.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Which takes FOREVER! We arrived 20 minutes late for an ADR because of the blasted bus and all its stops.
The new super duper bus lane they've installed on Buena Vista Drive has made a huge difference - we couldn't believe it only took eight minutes from leaving Disney Springs to pulling into the Dolphin (and this was at peak period, Dec 29th!) Previously it was terrible, considering how close the two are. We always get off at the Swan and walk to the Boardwalk, much quicker when the bus is servicing all the hotels (which takes forever )
Old 25 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

We won't have tickets to Disney so won't be able to use international gateway. I don't mine paying though if there's valet?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by theedwards View Post
We won't have tickets to Disney so won't be able to use international gateway. I don't mine paying though if there's valet?
There is Valet.

We are staying for 12 nights. I've never had a problem parking in the past. I'll be upset if that's changed.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List