Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 May 17, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile 16 nights , 14 day ticket..skip a park first or last full day?

Hi, we will be at pofq for 16 nights. 14 day tickets. Not attending a park on arrival night. So day 1 will be 2nd of may. Not fussed on going to a park on home day but that still leaves me with the question do we go to a park on first full day and not last full day? 2 adults and three boys aged 11, 9 and 1 at the time. We only do disney and a bit of shopping wont be driving. Just doing a bit of early planning! What do you think?
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Personally, i would miss a park on the first full day and save it until the end
I would hate for my park tickets to run out before my holiday was over x

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Are you just doing Disney ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We are in the same situation. 17 days with a 14 day pass. Missing the first 2 days - going to hire a car and go exploring. I did wonder the sMe as you for a while but then Disney announced the food and wine dates and the first day is our last full day so the decision was made 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have the first day to relax around the pool, get adjusted to the time etc
We did mk on our first day last year as up early etc
We were so tired by lunch time and came back to the hotel so everybody could have an afternoon nap
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Skip the first day and save the ticket and have a pool day you could always go to Disney Springs for dinner to get a little Disney magic,
Old 16 May 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Will you not have to also miss a day in the middle? I'm guessing you are suggesting the tickets will last 15 days?

We have the same problem - off to universal for a day in the middle but still need 2 days without tickets, thinking to not go for the first few days and just do Disney Springs and Walmart etc We're staying at the Yacht Club though so not sure how it will feel being so close but not allowed to go in.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Are you just doing Disney ?
Hi, yes just disney and a bit of shopping, no car.
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Will you not have to also miss a day in the middle? I'm guessing you are suggesting the tickets will last 15 days?

We have the same problem - off to universal for a day in the middle but still need 2 days without tickets, thinking to not go for the first few days and just do Disney Springs and Walmart etc We're staying at the Yacht Club though so not sure how it will feel being so close but not allowed to go in.
Not sure what you mean re day in the middle. If we skip a park on arrival night and either first/ last day it leaves 14 days? ( i think 😟 ! )

Edited at 09:09 PM.
Old 16 May 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Thanks all for replies, yes i think i agree re relaxing first day . I think i would hate knowing we couldnt go to a park last full day, and as some of you have suggested we could go to d springs on first day 😀