Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Amiee89
slightly serious Dibber

Wishes do come true! 1st magical trip with our 3 boys under 6 - day 13 fort lauderdale -

Index
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1021992

Slept terrible it was too hot and I think my mind was in overdrive about packing and been organised I always got anxious about these things.
We were flying home from miami so my mam booked us all somewhere to stay in fort lauderdale but then they decided to go early so they had already been down their 3 days. (Although we planned a family holiday a lot of plans changed when we got their and we both ended up doing a lot of our own things as their was so much to do and so little time it worked out better this way then we all got what we wanted to do)
The Boys woke up at 7 the alarm went off in their room again wasn’t sure if they had messed about with it or someone had set it certain days to go off.
We all had Baths and then we had to pack jesus what a challenge hate packing and everything just got chucked in. Although we hadn't bought much it was still a huge jigsaw.
We then Checked out and set off to fort Lauderdale at 10
We Called in to mcdonalds for breakfast we did go through the drive thru but it still took half hour as they couldn’t get the order right.
We then went to petrol station took a while to realise how to use the card machines (wanted zipcode so just went inside to pay for petrol and they charged it to pump)
We then had a 3 hour drive to fort laurderdale it was a pretty easy drive (well for me it was as I sat in the back haha) it was pretty much 3 roads and we were their.
We met my parents and went straight to the Pool (they took boys and I quickly sorted cases out as it had all just been through in before we left Orlando)

We Came up to room round 4 as it was cold today 27 degrees seemed cold in fort lauderdale. We were used to 37 humid in orlando.
We ordered a Chinese and decided to just chill as tomorrow was going to be long and busy.
Chinese was ok (not as nice as local here) and we got tons for $50 and half was actually binned.
We Went for a walk round complex just to have a look.
Played some Mini golf

And a little Play on sand bit

Then we went back to room
My parents had gone out and the key wouldn’t work after half hour of begging, various id, and stating my parent where out with no phone signal and my baby was crying for bed they reset the key for us to get in the room.
We then had the usually Chill, wine and watched a film lol olympus has fallen. The tv and films we seemed to watch every night was quiet good. Usually when we go to spain we only have the news channel so was actually nice to be able to watch tv.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Amiee89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That problem with the door must have been really annoying

Joan
Old 17 May 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The boys look like they are having a lovely time. My mum is keen to take my nephew (4) to Disney but I think he would rather be playing on the beach and at the pool!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow I didn't realise it would be that much cooler on th coast, I couple of degrees usually but that's a big drop. Glad they let you in the room in the end how annoying.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Just wondered where you stayed in Fort Lauderdale? Would you recommend?
Old 13 Feb 18, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

You certainly do get lots with the Chinese, we ended up with 8 cartons of rice somehow!