Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 12 HS and Fantasia Golf

This morning we had breakfast bars en route to the park and saw one of the buses with a hidden mickey, I think there are 3, but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. We got in the queue at HS sticking to the left side and they opened another gate on this side which meant we got in a bit quicker. We were on TSM by 8:04 and the cars were still coming round empty. This morning John had a bit of disaster and I beat him, I’d also been the chosen one with the red queue counter so maybe there was a link? I was having a good morning anyway. We went straight back around and natural order was re-established, John triumphed.

After this we were a bit peckish so shared a pretzel and cheese for $6.06.

Then did some pin checking on the board and another CM pushed another family in front of us, our CM was very apologetic, but we weren’t worried as the pin board had nothing we needed.

Ariel was next and was as good as ever.

Then back to TSM on the third track. Following this we did of R’n’R FP and then onto ToT.

Hunger was definitely starting to take hold now, so we had a CS at Backlot. These are the words I have written in my notes: this was the worst CS of the holiday, bite sandwich was nice until the bit was discovered. I had a chilli cheese dog (I love these) and John had a cheese and bacon burger with drinks it came to $29, but my bun was stale and John’s was soggy.

Frozen came next with some added Star Wars jokes, I noted the snow machines were particularly vigorous (they were probably the same machines they had to create the blizzard in the street when they did the Frozen fireworks). We left slightly damp.

Next up was ST where we had an amusing time with a broken seatbelt. I’ve just written ‘seatbelt issue’ but I’m assuming it is one of our favourite stories in which this happened: Basically, this guy had pulled his seatbelt completely out and it was stuck, he told the CM he’d just hold it, but obviously that was going to fly. So all seatbelts were released and some seat swapping ensure. When the CM did the next check someone else’s seatbelt wasn’t working and they couldn’t fix it, so they had to wait for the next ride. I then broke my glasses…it was all a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully that wasn’t a story from our 2014 and was said ‘seatbelt issue’ in notes.

Emerging back into the sunshine, we caught the Star Wars show...

During which we booked a FP for TSM and bought some frozen drinks for $8.50.

Snapped some photopasses as we wandered...

We decided to take a break from the park and headed up the boardwalk down the path looking at the DVC (even though we are already members) and in the shops. We bought an ice cream, but it wasn’t a patch on stone cold creamery; the customer service wasn’t great and they didn’t have the toppings John wanted. I had peanut brittle and coffee toffee and John had chocmilk and cookies and dark choc. It was $14. John thought mine looked bigger, but it was because they’d double cupped it for some reason? No photos of these, I think because they were melting.

After this we headed to Fanatsia Golf, but we were rained off halfway round, so we waited it out under the covered area. There was a guy on the course who kept ignoring the instructions to come back in and a CM had to go and get him. Silly really, the lightning is so dangerous there, especially near water and with a metal stick in your hand! On more than one occasion we’ve seen news reports about people being struck.

Once the rain had ebbed, we headed back to HS via the boat, but no sooner had we arrived, but the rain started again, John and I were separated at some point as we dodged the rain, but we were soon reunited. We decided we’d got and eat some chicken and waffles, with a drink and a cupcake it was $19. Next to us was a cute little girl with a light saber who was pretending to be Rey.

It was now time for our TSM FP which was little buggy and neither of us did particularly well, never mind. We headed down Sunset Boulevard and we bought a Storm Trooper box (we were close to completing the set) and boom! This was the one. It contained 5 pins and we needed them all. Overall, we managed to complete the set with just one additional box purchased. It was nice to trade these too as people really liked them. We must have been celebrating as we headed to the BDL for a cocktail, but I haven’t said what we had or how much; it must have gone to my head.

As our TSM ride had been buggy, we decided we’d have another and I got over 200,000, which is a bit more respectable – especially for me. We then rode ST which had a 10 min wait, the rain had really cleared the park out and we followed this by sharing a pizza, breadsticks and I had a strawberry lemonade and John had a coke. I didn’t note the price, but it was probably somewhere in the region of $20.

We bagged a good spot for the fireworks, but it was even better when people stood up and moved forward, we were right in the centre.

After a fab display, the stop was very busy, but there was lots of buses so we didn’t wait long. The journey wasn’t the most comfortable as on the bus was an irritating family who were letting their two boys have a full on lightsaber fight where we continually get hit.

We arrived back at 21:40 and checked the pinboard in community hall where we did a little trading. Had seen the Forensic Files which was on this evening, so it was pretty much straight to asleep after listening to the sad check out message which had been left. It’s ok though, we we’re aren’t going home just yet, it was left in error…phew!
Step count: 21,396
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Frozen show is brilliant 😊 The Hosts are so funny! What an amazing collection of Storm Trooper pins, I must say we really enjoyed pin trading last visit. The interactions with the CM's doing the pin trading were always fun too. Another great day.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another great day
Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The Frozen show is brilliant 😊 The Hosts are so funny! What an amazing collection of Storm Trooper pins, I must say we really enjoyed pin trading last visit. The interactions with the CM's doing the pin trading were always fun too. Another great day.
We really enjoy the Frozen show, the hosts definitely make it. Glad we collected the stormtrooper pins as they look great, I'd like to make a display of our pins for the wall, DH has collected some really good sets over the years. Trading becomes really addictive x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

That error message happened to us too...mass panic!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
That error message happened to us too...mass panic!
😂 Before we phoned to check we checked our booking, was panicking we'd done something wrong 🤣 DH was calm about it all though and said it would be a mistake x
Old 21 May 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
😂 Before we phoned to check we checked our booking, was panicking we'd done something wrong 🤣 DH was calm about it all though and said it would be a mistake x
Same here! Apparently everyone in Port Orleans got it...how awful for the CM that left the message!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Same here! Apparently everyone in Port Orleans got it...how awful for the CM that left the message!
Oh no, that must have been awful when they realised what had happened😌, at least ours was a miss dial x
Old 21 May 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
Oh no, that must have been awful when they realised what had happened😌, at least ours was a miss dial x
Still a bizarre moment. The foyer at PO was crazy when I went down with stressed out folk. 12 weeks tomorrow for you? X
Old 21 May 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Still a bizarre moment. The foyer at PO was crazy when I went down with stressed out folk. 12 weeks tomorrow for you? X
😂 Definitely a bad day at the office for that CM. 12 weeks can't come quick enough, I bet you're the same...primark is being frequented at the moment, think I've pretty much bought everything now though, much to dh's relief 😂. Suitcases are already down and being checked 😗 x