Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 May 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

Navigator of the seas transatlantic Nov '18

Hi

I have just found a 13 night Transatlantic cruise with RCL on the Navigator of the seas. We have cruised twice before with NCL on the Spirit and Escape.

Our plan at the minute is 10 nights OKW with DDP, 1 night RPR and 10 nights in a Dibb villa. It will be a all parks visit with a few rest days. But...

I'm tempted with the cruise! We love cruising but struggled to get a 7 night Caribbean one to fit in with our plans and budget, if we include a cruise it's coming in at £10k for 2 adults and 1 teen (dd 13).

So transatlantic, whats your thoughts? I'm slightly worried about the weather! November in NYC, Boston then Florida. I'm assuming NYC & Boston will be cold as will the sea days. There are also lots of sea days (6 in a row between Southampton and NYC) we normally love sea days, but they were in the Caribbean where we could sunbathe and spend time on the deck. Do RCL have heated pools in the winter? does the Navigator of the seas have plenty to do on cold sea days? how high is the risk of rough seas?

It also only gives us 6 full days in Florida, I am thinking maybe MVMCP for my Disney fix, then tickets to Universal, SW, BG, AQ or VB. It will be full on at the end of our holiday but we have had 13 nights relaxing before hand

It also gives me chance to see NYC and Boston which have been on my bucket list for ages! the best part is it will also save us the best part of £4k

Has anyone done a transatlantic that time of year, I would love some feedback on RCL and the Navigator of the seas.

Thanks
Old 27 May 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I've not done transatlantic but have been on navigator, pools are not heated, and they are salt water pools too, although this didn't stop my daughter when we went to Norway and it was freezing and blowing a hoolie. The hot tubs will be OK although there is not much cover. There should be plenty to do inside on Sea days, there will be stuff going on.

We have friends who cruise transatlantic regularly and normally around November time, they have only had 1 day in all the years they have been going where it was rough seas and the boat was rocking.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

We did navigator of the seas last summer. It's a lovely ship but the pools were freezing even in summer. We had a couple of choppy days traveling down to the med and the pool area was pretty much off limits. I hate to say it but we did have a few hours where we were bored.