Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 May 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

The Dhillon Florida Plan for AUG17 trip...

Hi - I used the dibb busy day guide to draft the below and I'm liking it. What do people think? Trying to balance park days with rest days - so wish booked three weeks

Have tickets for everything except Seaworld and still need to book RPR which is coming up at £236 for the one night. Will do it over the weekend.

If we don't go Seaworld will swap with NASA as want a 'easy' day the day after landing

Florida plan (20th Aug to 3rd Sep 2017)

Sunday 20th - Transit from U.K. To MCO (land 5pm)/ Villa luggage drop / Walmart

Monday 21st - Seaworld? (Not yet got tickets or 100% decided if going) / Pool

Tuesday 22nd - Magic Kingdom (early) / evening home

Wednesday 23rd - Pool / Shopping / red lobster (international drive)

Thursday 24th - Islands of Adventure (early / check in one night at royal Pacific resort / get FOLP / city walk in evening

Friday 25th - Universal Studios (early) / back to villa for evening

Saturday 26th - Shopping / pool / relax / Cheesecake Factory

Sunday 27th - Animal Kingdom

Monday 28th - Hollywood Studios

Tuesday 29th - Pool / Shopping

Wednesday 30th - Epcot / Cirque du soelil

Thursday 31st - Magic Kingdom (late afternoon / evening to watch show)

Friday 1st - NASA

Saturday 2nd - Pool / Shopping

Sunday 3rd - Pack / return home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi. Thought I'd bump your post in the hope you get some replies !
I am assuming you have 14 park tickets but you haven't mentioned how many and ages of your party. If you like your plans that's all that matters and so stick with it. Myself though I just wouldn't have so many rest days but I don't have young children mine are teens. We can rest at home, different if yours are little.Are you going to the water parks ? I would treat a water park as a rest day. On the days you are shopping could you go to a park for the evening or go to a park then shop. Also on the first day you are likely to be up really early and will be excited and raring to go so you may want to take the opportunity to be in a park for opening and stay til early afternoon when you may be flagging. Sea world is pretty easy going as well, nowhere near as tiring as the other parks.
Do whatever suits your family and if you are happy that's all that matters. Most important hope you have a fantastic holiday !

Edited at 09:02 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Hi. Thought I'd bump your post in the hope you get some replies !
I am assuming you have 14 park tickets but you haven't mentioned how many and ages of your party. If you like your plans that's all that matters and so stick with it. Myself though I just wouldn't have so many rest days but I don't have young children mine are teens. We can rest at home, different if yours are little.Are you going to the water parks ? I would treat a water park as a rest day. On the days you are shopping could you go to a park for the evening or go to a park then shop. Also on the first day you are likely to be up really early and will be excited and raring to go so you may want to take the opportunity to be in a park for opening and stay til early afternoon when you may be flagging. Sea world is pretty easy going as well, nowhere near as tiring as the other parks.
Do whatever suits your family and if you are happy that's all that matters. Most important hope you have a fantastic holiday !
thanks 😂!

My DS is 9 and DD is 6 so yes planning rest days around them. Yes have 14 days Disney and Universal tickets. I'm considering Volcano Bay given its new and looks nice on one of the rest days. Most likely won't exactly do the rest says as I've listed so will see how we get on in parks we been before then and if not satisfied we have seen it all we will return. Fully agree with all your points and appreciate the tips.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The other thing we did was book fastpasses for everyday even if Disney wasn't on the plan to allow us to change our minds. If we decided not to go to Disney that day we cancelled them on the day.
This year we are only in Orlando for a week and just doing the Halloween party at Disney so I am really missing booking fastpasses and adr's !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List