Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jun 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
OH NO ! How will I spend my shopping evenings ?
Maybe as it will be near Thanksgiving/Christmas we might have a bit more choice well that's my thinking.

Joan
Old 3 Jun 15, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

But how good are the Walmarts, do they sell many cutting dies like they appear to on their website?
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 15, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ginger View Post
But how good are the Walmarts, do they sell many cutting dies like they appear to on their website?
Sorry can't say I've seen dies in Walmart the odd Cricuit cartridge and card stacks, embellishment and such. Lots for bakers and sewers.

Joan
Old 3 Jun 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by ginger View Post
As a crafter I always visit Joann, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby and the selection of cutting dies is not that great in any of them in my opinion
Spellbinders, We Are Memory Keepers a few Tim Holtz and Cuttlebug.
Only ever seen Cuttlebug brand dies in Walmart.
You would probably be better ordering from the Walmart website if they have what you are looking for and collect in store.

Have a look at Icon dies .co.uk they have the best prices I have ever seen on dies with free postage.all brands.

Joann is great for embossing folders ( Cuttlebug and Darice )
Die Cut with a View Paper Stacks 12x12 8x8 6x6 are always on offer I got some lovely DCWV 12 x 12 Cork with lovely designs and a Corrugated Stack on my last trip in March I think the 12 x 12 stacks are $9.99 plus tax.
I spent very little on craft stuff on my last trip.

cheers

Janet
JanetA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 15, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Maybe as it will be near Thanksgiving/Christmas we might have a bit more choice well that's my thinking.

Joan
Ooooo Joan I can't wait ! I don't know about you but I buy loads of Christmas decorations - not just baubles but what they call "picks" in all sorts of glittery colours. Also gift boxes in Joann's - strong ones with magnetic fasteners that can be used afterwards. Old Time Pottery is amazing for gift bags and wrapping. Have you seen the musical and/or lighted Christmas cards in Walmart ? Expensive but I buy just one every year and decide which family member to give it to.

Linda xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 15, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Have a look at marges , a bit of a drive, we found it when looking for model shop for DH, very friendly and helpful, and lovely displays and ideas! We went just before easter, and just WOW!
Bootrip2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 15, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Ooooo Joan I can't wait ! I don't know about you but I buy loads of Christmas decorations - not just baubles but what they call "picks" in all sorts of glittery colours. Also gift boxes in Joann's - strong ones with magnetic fasteners that can be used afterwards. Old Time Pottery is amazing for gift bags and wrapping. Have you seen the musical and/or lighted Christmas cards in Walmart ? Expensive but I buy just one every year and decide which family member to give it to.

Linda xx
All sounds lovely Linda have you had a look in Cracker Barrel when they have their Christmas stuff out they have some nice things too. Must admit I always bring lots of gift bags back I really like them!

Joan
Old 5 Jun 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bath1960
Excited about Disney

The 3 main stores in US are Michaels, Joann Fabric and Hobby Lobby. Sign up for the 3 of them here and you will be sent discount vouchers but you will need to put a US address for Hobby Lobby and you cannot get the app on a UK phone. Hobby Lobby is usually the cheapest of the 3 and Joann has much more in the way of fabrics. Although I always bring back a suitcase of craft suppplies, you do have to be careful as a lot of the dies can be bought much cheaper in the UK. You need to price up what you want before you go. Wal-mart has very little avaibale in store but does have a great selection on line but I have never ordered craft supplies from the online - to have an account you need a US address but then get a problem paying if you card is not a US card. A lot that state they are available to pick up in store are not when you go and try to order. Target also does do a few craft items but again not too much. On speaking to Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions, she had informed me that there is very little around Orlando. Hope this helps.
Bath1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

JoAnn's on the 192 (in the Super Target complex) have a wide range of dies at silly low prices.
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

I was going to mention the Super Target on the 192, got some lovely card crafting stuff last year.
richard29 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread