Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Sep 16, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Let's do something different this time-Day 4 Celebration, Shopping at Vineland & Longhorn Steakhouse

Let's do something different this time - Celebration, Shopping at Vineland & Longhorn Steakhouse

Sunday 5th June 2016

I was really excited about today. Visiting Celebration was something I had long wanted to do but when I mentioned it on our last trip it was met with absolutely no enthusiasm from anyone else at all. This time however, I was determined and just put my foot down and told them we were going! There still wasn’t much enthusiasm and think there was possibly a moment of “it’s my holiday too” from me just to reinforce my point.

Anyway, protesting or not, we were soon in the car. Not quite sure where we were going when we arrived in Celebration, we parked up in the first available street we came to. Turns out it was a straight walk down across the road to our destination from there so it was all good. Walking down towards the lake, the shops were so cute and quaint, it really is lovely here and already everyone was starting to warm to the place. We popped into Market Street Café as we were here for brunch but we were told there was a wait of around half an hour for a table. We were fine with this and added our names to the list of people waiting.

We walked down to the lake and sat in the rocking chairs for a while. It was so peaceful and for the first time in the holiday I felt content, like I was finally on holiday. I took a few pictures too…

We decided to go for a bit of a wander until it was time for brunch. Such pretty streets, and I loved the idea of the old fashioned carriage rides.

We walked along the front of the lake, past the famous fountains, towards the Sunday Market. We wanted to visit the market but weren’t sure if we had time so decided to leave it for this visit.

We crossed back over the road and walked back towards Market Street Café. We still had a little bit of time, so we relaxed on a bench nearby, soaking up the sun for a while. It was a lovely hot, sunny day again.

Finally, it was time…

We were offered seats outside or in and we opted to eat inside. It’s so cute in here, I loved the old diner style booths and the colours.

It was at this point in the trip that I decided not to take food photos anymore. It’s just frustrating sometimes when the people you’re with are not into this Dibb thing and there’s always big sighs and rolling of eyes whenever I try to take a photo. I actually decided at this point that I wasn’t going to write a report at all. Obviously I’ve changed my mind…

So, there are no photos of what we had, but I know that Shannon and Eilidh both had some kind of pancake meal that we ended up taking with us as they didn’t finish. It’s a fairly safe bet to say that Neil and I would have had a cooked breakfast, something with toast, bacon, sausage. I do remember that it was all hot and tasty, enjoyed by all.

Thoroughly stuffed, we made our way back to the car. I was loving the street signs as we walked back…

As we were driving out of Celebration, we all agreed that it had been a good idea to come here. We had all loved it and wanted to return again.

Mini Golf had been on the plan for this afternoon, but no-one was feeling it. It was a bit too hot for that. So we decided to head for the Premium Outlets at Vineland so that some dollars could be spent!

We found out today, that there is a multi storey car park here and it was so easy to park here instead of going round and round the main outside bit trying to find a space. It kept the car cool as well which is great on returning. Our first stop was Customer Services in the Food Hall to pick up our discount vouchers and a mall map. Since this wasn’t a full shopping day, we picked a couple of areas from the map and worked our way around. We really like these outlets, but we prefer the ones at the top of International Drive, so there was a feeling of saving ourselves a bit for that. However, everyone bought something and we were all happy.

We finished with our shopping around 5pm and decided to go to the Longhorn Steakhouse just as you’re leaving the Vineland outlets. It was fairly quiet and we got seated straight away. We’ve never had a bad meal here and it didn’t disappoint again. I had the Flo’s Filet which was absolutely delicious, I think the girls had this too and Neil had a big flat iron steak. I honestly don’t know where they put it, but Shannon and Eilidh decided they had room for a pudding and ordered a big chocolate dessert to share.

It had been a good day, which had turned out to be one of the best of our holiday.

Thanks for reading

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like you had a lovely day, you must visit the craft and farmers market sometime. Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Thing1thing2
Excited about Disney

So pretty! I'd love to have a wander around celebration but hubby will moan at wasting a day rather than doing theme parks! Maybe I can persuade him to do a day off 😉
Old 4 Sep 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds like you had a lovely day, you must visit the craft and farmers market sometime. Pussycat
Yes, we must visit it, hopefully next time. I feel a bit stupid not going over there, but apart from a potential time issue one of the reasons for me not wanting to go was that it looked as though we would have to walk over the grass and I have a fear of walking on grass in Florida

Originally Posted by Thing1thing2 View Post
So pretty! I'd love to have a wander around celebration but hubby will moan at wasting a day rather than doing theme parks! Maybe I can persuade him to do a day off 😉
You should definitely try to persuade him, I don't think he would be disappointed. It's such a nice change of pace.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 16, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What a lovely day. We love Celebration & Longhorns too.

Mrs P
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a great place!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Oh how I love seeing Celebration photos. Such memories <3

I totally didn't know there was a multi story at the outlets! Will be looking for that next time!

Lovely day xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Enjoying reading along - everytime we go I suggest Celebration and have never been yet but I think I will just have to do what you did and put my foot down
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Shopping and Flo's Fillet and Longhorns...perfect . Enjoying your report so far, thanks for writing! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

We love celebration for a peaceful wander around.