Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Sep 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As others have said. Easy really. Boots or M&S for sandwiches or just make your own and take them with you.

Obviously you have to buy drinks airside but otherwise take your own sandwiches, pork pie, sausage rolls, quiche or whatever. Just make sure you leave any leftovers on the plane though as ILHO says.

Joan has a serious allergy to onions which they manage to put into all airline food - yes even the cheesecake so she just asks for the cold tray with all the accompaniments on and doesn't bother with the hot option at all.

Mick
Mmm onion cheesecake !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Big_Mark View Post
Mmm onion cheesecake !
With a marshmallow and marmite sauce.
Old 13 Sep 16, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Boots meal deal - it's fun to see who can get the most bang for their buck.
My kids go for boring sandwich, walkers crisps and a bottle of pop. I get the most expensive salad or posh sandwich, a smoothie or juice and an organic snack!
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies, we are staying overnight down in Gatwick so making sarnies isn't an option.

Think we'll stick with the Onion cheesecake with marshmallow and marmite sauce it sounds delicious.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Greggs sandwich (can't do a pasty or sausage roll on a flight - gives me indigestion).
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Big_Mark View Post
Thanks for all your replies, we are staying overnight down in Gatwick so making sarnies isn't an option.

Think we'll stick with the Onion cheesecake with marshmallow and marmite sauce it sounds delicious.
It's one of Walkers new crisp flavours I believe

Mick
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ali C
Excited about Disney

Ali C's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
My two kids hate the food on the plane also so we usually stock up with a boots meal deal and a bag of snacks from home.
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we always just empty the fridge at home and make sandwiches out of them. heck, you can even take pot noodles through if you wanted!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Always go to MandS for the flight going and get a sub from publix for the way back
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
For us it's the Boots' £1 tuna & mayo sandwich. There's plenty of filling and, more importantly for me, no onion or cracked black pepper.

This year we flew from North Terminal for the first time and the Boots there is laid out very differently - more like a posh deli on the food side. They didn't have any tuna sandwiches, but the lad I asked went back and found some for us. I bought us 2 packs each as I had no idea what the plane food would be like. As it happens, I had one pack (instead of the tuna & sweetcorn & black pepper which came with the tea). I wasn't worried about throwing away £1-worth of sandwich in the end. I so could have needed to eat both!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List