Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Sep 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Let's do something different this time - Day 9 - Blizzard Beach, Applebees - Friday 10th June 2016

Let’s do something different this time – Blizzard Beach, Applebees

Friday 10th June 2016

We were looking forward to today as we were off to Blizzard Beach. We arrived not long after opening and went straight to find some sunbeds. There were plenty around, but sadly none with any shade. We left our towels on 4 sunbeds together just up past the wave pool, and headed off to catch some slides! First up was Toboggan Racers, our favourite here. As always, Neil won but it’s such good fun. We all did that one twice and then Eilidh and I went on Snow Stormers but we didn’t like being dunked at the end so once was enough. While we were on Snow Stormers Neil went back on Toboggan Racers and Shannon went back to base camp. We picked her up on the way past on our way to Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride. We decided to walk up the steps this time. It was so hot now that we were jumping from puddle to puddle to try to keep our feet from burning. We all really love the raft ride and we got a photopass pic taken at the bottom which no way am I going to post on here!

It was back to the sunbeds for a lie down and to soak up some rays next, and we just chilled out for a while before lunch. Also before lunch, we went for a slow spin around the lazy river, good fun as always although I always find after a while I’m constantly looking out for my “stop”. When it was time to eat, Avalunch is our eatery of choice here. We all had a hot dog with crisps, then chilled some more. This was such a relaxing day and we were loving it. We just spent some more time relaxing now, reading or dozing!

After a while the girls went off for a wander, and returned with massive ice creams with chocolate sauce for us all courtesy of Shannon. It was a nice gesture, and a really nice treat. The girls and I went for a bob about in the wave pool for a while before grabbing Neil for one last go on Teamboat Springs. We got the chairlift up this time, not my favourite thing as it always catches me on the back of my legs… it makes me very nervous. However, we made it up to the top, marvelling at the brave people scooting past us on Summit Plummet before enjoying our descent at a much nicer pace.

It was time to go now so we went home to get showered before heading back out for dinner. We weren’t venturing too far tonight, just up the road to Applebees at Berry Town Center again. We hadn’t enjoyed our meals too much here a few nights ago but we decided to give it another chance as it had been a favourite on previous trips and the location is so convenient for us. Sorry, can’t remember what we had, but I’m pretty sure it was just average again. Applebees has definitely dropped off of our “favourites” list.

The rain was on by now, so we headed home and changed into our comfies and settled down to play cards together. We only managed a few games before we were getting tired. Even after a relaxing day, the heat and general busy-ness of this holiday took its toll in the evenings and we were glad to collapse into our beds after another really nice day.

Thanks for reading, sorry there aren't any pics for today

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Nice day Lynda! Summit Plummet is the one thing in Disney I'm sure I'll never do!

Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Oh you are brave! You won't get me on those rafty ride things ... let along Summit Plummitt!

We were disappointed in Applebees last time as well ... such a shame as the location of that one is perfect if you are staying on the H27
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Nice day Lynda! Summit Plummet is the one thing in Disney I'm sure I'll never do!

Xx
Me neither! I always think they're going to fall of the sides

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Oh you are brave! You won't get me on those rafty ride things ... let along Summit Plummitt!

We were disappointed in Applebees last time as well ... such a shame as the location of that one is perfect if you are staying on the H27
Oh we love the raft rides, not scary at all - you should give them a whirl Ali

I know, we used to love that Applebees both for the location and the food. Who knows, we'll maybe give it another try sometime.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelM
VIP Dibber

RachelM's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Applebees is one of my favourites so I'm hoping we still enjoy it when we go. I love their boneless wings.
Old 20 May 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A nice day at the water park. We went to the berry centre Applebee's last year and had a very interesting server, I'm pretty sure he was on speed!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Nice day in the waterpark -love the lazy rivers , just drfting along - although without my glasses I am also always peering out for "my" stop. shame about dinner again though.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Applebees is one of my favourites so I'm hoping we still enjoy it when we go. I love their boneless wings.
I think Applebees can be a bit hit or miss... I'm sure you'll still love it. Thanks for reading Rachel

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A nice day at the water park. We went to the berry centre Applebee's last year and had a very interesting server, I'm pretty sure he was on speed!
Haha, yes the servers can be an entertainment in themselves! If I remember rightly, ours was a little dull this night

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Nice day in the waterpark -love the lazy rivers , just drfting along - although without my glasses I am also always peering out for "my" stop. shame about dinner again though.
I keep my contact lenses in, even in the water parks! Blind as a bat without them I'd be going round for days if I couldn't see my stop This holiday was probably the most disappointed we've been with meals... maybe we're just getting harder to please. Thanks for reading Amanda

Old 25 May 17, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we've never been to a waterpark yet in 5 trips. It's on our list for this year but every time it's been on our list it's been bumped by the children in favour of staying in the villa pool.

Love the mini golf - Winter is my favourite course but it's probably because I love Christmas so much.

Shame that Applebee's didn't improve any for you.
Old 25 May 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loobz View Post
we've never been to a waterpark yet in 5 trips. It's on our list for this year but every time it's been on our list it's been bumped by the children in favour of staying in the villa pool.

Love the mini golf - Winter is my favourite course but it's probably because I love Christmas so much.

Shame that Applebee's didn't improve any for you.
The waterparks are great fun, but I can see the attraction of the villa pool. Especially when they were younger, my two were in the pool every opportunity

Winter is my favourite too, also because I love Christmas. I love all the Christmas decorations around and the candy canes, the snow!

I hope Applebees improves again, it's a great location for the US27 villa communities.

Thanks for reading Louise