Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Oct 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile MNSSHP and H2OGlow

We are hitting the parks next year and I know that that I have a long time waiting till then. But we plan to participate in MNSSHP and H2OGlow because it is a once in a lifetime trip ( maybe not if my husband likes our stay there) and if the weekdays for this parties would stay the same we would have the opportunity to go to MNSSHP on 23, 25 or 30 th August and H2O Glow on 22, 27 or 29th August. We stay from 21st of August to 1st September
What would you plan for ? What combination? Our daughter is seven years old (baby boy will be 16 months, but we have a buggy so he can sleep anywhere). What would you think are the least crowded, is H2O Glow worth it or is there another waterpark special event you would prefer?
Any tips , opinions, ... appreciated. I want to make some vouchers for upcoming birthdays and Christmas, that's why I am thinking about all at this time
Thank you so much in advance
TheTink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mid week parties tend to be quieter so I would choose MNSSHP on that day. The later in the trip the better so you are adjusted to Florida time. Try not to plan two late nights back to back with young kids- we all struggled on our recent trip. It took a week to feel less exhausted in the evenings and by then we were generaly exhausted as we had been so busy all week
MNSHHP- is very busy but we enjoyed it and I think I would recommend going. Expect crowds.
The glow nights appeal less to us- I've seen mixed reviews on them- are you a massive water park fan? With young kids I'd rather do something else- if the 16 month old is sleeping one of you will need to be out of the water with him
We did a dessert party and EMM at Toystory land. EMM at Toystory is a must do if they bring it back.

Edited at 10:36 AM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't go to either of them if I was looking for lower crowds. The MNSSHP is packed, I would say it was busier than during regular park times. I haven't been to H2Glow but I read a report on here and it put me off going as it was also over ticketed and the poster couldn't get anything done. For low crowds, the After Dark events are best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We live in Austria and don't have a proper Halloween here , just a little trick or treat with friends and neighbours - so I know she will be desperate to do this. I know there are crowds- just want to know which date you would pick out of these as least crowded.
My husband is a huge water park fan - is there another after hours water park event in Orlando ? Universal, or Aquatics,... ?
Old 2 Oct 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We really enjoyed the H2O glow nights but we were there as 2 adults it was much much quieter and was walk on to everything we wanted to do , great toy story character meets however we did the very late on so it may have been busier earlier. Some good themed cocktails and food. I would do it again but unsure if I would do it with little ones x

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
touring plans website have a list predicting the least busy MNSSHP nights
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Oh thank you, I will check this. It will be important to know for the planning of restaurants
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We did MNSSHP on tue 27th Aug this year and most rides were walk on. Most crowded but was the fireworks as that is only on once. Wasn’t too crowded for the early parade either. I’d definitely recommend it, we love it. The character meets have long lines but we got for the sweets, walk on rides and the atmosphere/music in general. The new firework show is out of this world, easily the best one yet. We loved it!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thank you, we also want to go for the rides and sweets and dressing up as a family, characters are a bonus. Wanna soak up real Halloween atmosphere, even in August